COLOR ME MINE Employee Reviews

Good part time work
Painting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 2, 2019
If you are a creative person, then this is a great place to share your creativity with others. A great part time job for a high school or college student looking for experience with teaching and the arts.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not the best pay, you have to hustle for tips in a position that most people don't even know to tip for
Fast pace but enjoyable place to work
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 13, 2019
A typical workday is very fast paced in the summer. Daily tasks include customer service and back door kiln duty. Management is really friendly if you work hard and do you daily tasks assigned. Pottery is a fun business but can get expensive so getting discounts on pottery helps a lot. Most customers are very friendly.
Pros
Discount items, tips (even though its not a restaurant job)
Cons
No breaks during shifts, fast pace
Biased,underpaid and a lack of understanding
Worker (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 17, 2019
The establishments indecisiveness is there downfall. There are many other places in Wayne to work with higher pay. They are very biased so it’s all on whether or not they like you. They also do not allow sick days or else you will be fired. With a lack of staff and managers hot headed temperament and constant letting go of employees it’s more of a stressful place to work than a side job of a high school or college student.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short shifts, change of employees, never consistent schedules
You learn a lot, wonderful coworkers, fun, low pay, rude customers
Studio Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Each store in the franchise is owned and run separately so be sure to look at specific locations, but for Tampa the surrounding area lends itself to some very entitled customers, although there are some strange policies that sometimes cause that tension, and rude customers can happen at every job. It’s a fun place to work and the small crew size winds up feeling like a family. A very good starter job but difficult to live off of. The weekdays are usually empty when school is in session, but weekends and holidays tend to be absolutely crazy. It’s like a waitressing job with more responsibilites, and often you are alone and completely responsible for the store, which is intimidating at times but is also a great learning experience and becomes a point of pride. I would absolutely recommend working at CMM in Tampa
Pros
Fun, good learning experience, awesome coworkers, adds a lot to a resume, you get tips
Cons
Minimum wage, strange policies, rude customers, no raises, no overtime or holiday pay
You work in a relaxed environment.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 24, 2019
The company pays good, and parallel to the industry standard. They also offer good benefits. Workplace is really nice and some of the people you work with are okay.
Pros
Good pay and better benefits.
Cons
Some co-workers are not friendly.
yet to be paid
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 21, 2019
Training at this place is awful
employees have a higher then god attitude
work tension..
only worked a week here and every day feeling uncomfortable and to think i was hired as a manager, employees do not make you feel welcomed
i worked 5 days dec 20-26 and i have yet to be paid
Fun but Stressful
ART INSTRUCTOR & STUDIO TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time at Color Mine. It is rewarding working with kids who have a passion for art. I disliked however the old-fashioned checkout system.
Poor management
Elk Grove - Painting & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 27, 2018
I was very excited about first working at this establishment, unfortunately management was very scattered. Jobs were very unclear and favoritism was often played.
Pros
discounted ceramics
Cons
poor management
Nice entry level job
Assistant Manager/Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJDecember 18, 2018
Good place to work if you are a student looking for extra money. Fun artistic environment. You also get experience with customer service as well as an artistic outlet. Pay isn't great and there was no opportunity for full time or much career advancement but all in all not a bad place to work!
Productive and Fun work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 17, 2018
In high school I loved working here as a part-time employee. The energy is so positive whether it be the customers, the staff, managers, or environment. I left to attend college, but am able to pick up shifts when I come home, Working here has been a wonderful, friendly experience.
Nice
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 29, 2018
I was remote but I enjoyed posting about the store I worked with. I would still be with them if the owners saw the potential of social media presence.
Poorly managed but a fun job nonetheless
Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 28, 2018
This job was extremely fun- working with art and kids. I loved doing it, it was creative and somehwat relaxed. However, the store owner made it an unworkable job with her shady business practice as well as neglect for needed supplies and employees. The manager was wonderful, but the store owner and her practices caused me to quit (even though I LOVED the job).
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks, shady business practice, not enough help
Flexible, but mismanaged.
Studio Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 16, 2018
Color Me Mine was recently acquired by new owners and has become a more stressful workplace because of it. Originally, it was a wonderful place to work, but has sadly gone down hill under new the new management of its owners. The workplace now is full of stress, as the owners hover around employees constantly and scrutinize every word you say and move you make. The customers and coworkers were the most enjoyable part of this job. Coworkers supported each other, and customers were generally relaxed. The hardest part of the job was when a customer was disappointed in the way their pieces turned out. You want the customer to succeed in their projects just as much as they want to, and it's heartbreaking when something just doesn't turn out the way they wanted it. Though, now days the owners apply the clear glaze on our pieces, and they always apply it too thick which makes the pieces come out of the kiln cloudy and not as vibrant as they should be. It's quite disappointing. I learned to excel at customer service while I was here, simply because most of the customers I saw were regulars and I loved getting to know them and their painting habits. A typical day at Color Me Mine was filled with keeping the studio clean, refilling paints for customers, and admiring the finished products fresh out of the kiln. It was honestly one of the best jobs I ever had before the new owners came in. A shame that they've decided to micromanage everything. Not a job to look into if you want independence in the work place.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind customers, sweet coworkers
Cons
Owners are the managers, feeling of always being watched, no longer is a low stress environment
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAOctober 4, 2018
The staff I've worked with always came in with a good attitude, ready to work. There have been days when we have what seems like a never ending list of tasks to complete, but we always get things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Discounts on classes and pottery, fun team to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Must take off in a month's advance, 2-4 hour shifts on weekdays
Best Place Ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67205September 8, 2018
Color Me Mine is an amazing place to work. The people are great, and so is the atmosphere and the customers as well! If this company was close to where I moved to I would've just transferred to the other location!
Pros
Good People, Fun Projects, Simple Work Code
Cons
Shorter Work Hours
some days were better than others
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2018
While working here, I had gained a lot of information about ceramics and painting that I hadn’t previously learned in my high school 3D art class. I feel like the fact that we didn’t have a specific job often made things difficult (for me at least).
Pros
in the mall so you had lots of food options, got discounts on pieces
Fun workplace without a lot of structure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 12, 2018
Working at Color Me Mine was fun. The company is great but management could’ve used a little fine tuning. Communication wasn’t the best but such is the case with the store I worked at rather than the entire company.
Productive and fun workplace surrounded by children and families
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 9, 2018
I would run an entire birthday party of group of 30 plus adults, children, teaching the customers how to paint the ceramics. I would clean the entire store, register the party in the cash register system, and close the draw.
productive
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 22, 2018
fast phase workplace with a great manager that teaches you everything to be a professional. I will never regret working here because they trained me a lot of things
Great atmosphere
Studio Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 20, 2018
Color me mine was a great atmosphere to work in because i was able to be surrounded by children and pottery. However, if you do not like either of these two things, then maybe this is not the job for you.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
weird breaks