Colorado Judicial Branch Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic
Court Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 27, 2018
Stay away unless you know the boss and the boss will protect you. Horrible work environment. Favoritism and Many bullies. It is like working in Communist Russia in the 50's. Small minded people
Pros
Covered parking
Cons
Too many to list
I love it here
Volunteer Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 4, 2018
It is the best place to work. The people are very professional and courteous. The training is exceptional and so is the staff. Did I mention I love working here?
Great Experience
Judicial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2017
Collaborative atmosphere with great benefits and excellent time off. It is a place to grow personally and professionally. It was a great chance to work with some great people.
satisfaction really depends on where you actually work within the branch
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GAL Office El Paso CountyNovember 14, 2017
I worked at the GAL office. No room for advancement and management was contradictory and discriminatory, it was a Do as I say, not as I do philosophy.
Pros
paid time off and work was rewarding
Cons
management needs a reality check and it feels like the "good ol' boys" kind of club most days
Very happy
Court Judicial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 17, 2017
If you are willing to start from the bottom the Judicial Branch is great. I love the team I work for and I am never bored. Stay focused, do what you are told and you will go far.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, Pto, experience
Cons
Stressful at times, dealing with criminals
Colorado Judicial Branch
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2017
Progressive court which affords employees to be challenged with new programs. Advancement is encouraged. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with the public and making a difference in the community.
It was an okay place
Court Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 25, 2017
People were very prejudice. Politics were insane. The higher ups were very rude. The job itself is not bad. That is why i stayed so long. I love helping people and the learning I obtained.
Pros
Paid time off and Holidays
Cons
poitics
Enjoyable place to work.
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 19, 2017
I have learned much while working for Colorado Judicial and attend 40+ additional hours of training each year. The workplace culture lacks focus and lack of management in the office creates confusion on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is having different responsibilities. A typical day at work involves working with different people, writing reports and sharing ideas.
Lots of gossip and drama
Tech Dept. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Lots of gossip and drama. This company packed full of gossip, drama, and lies. If you like these things you will be allowed to thrive. The easiest way to get out of work is to say I never was told the why or just don't do what your manager asks. Lazy, lying, gossips will be appreciated and will enjoy the environment. However, if you save money for the organization and work your butt off you will be lucky to get a thank you. Welcome to the world of government.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Tons of gossip and drama.
Awful place to work unless you enjoy abuse
Court Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2017
Fast paced work environment. It would be an enjoyable job if weren't for the harassment that occurs behind the scenes. Work environment was often hostile. Some of the judges verbally harass and abuse their clerks. Management and Human Resources are unwilling to assist employees that are working in a hostile work environment with judges. Pay was to low for the negative and hostile environment that people are forced to work in. You often do not get breaks including lunch breaks.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Good
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 22, 2017
Good place, good balance
Good pension, pay and raises depends on the states budget and the economy. Benefits are decent, the schedule is very flexible.
Don't go to work there unless you're desperate
Court Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 28, 2017
Terrible place to work. Working here was the worst by far the worst job I've ever had. If someone is considering working here, it would be out of desperation. The decent benefit would be the PTO and retirement. Find another state job. Everything pretty much is terrible. The pay sucks and the people are even worse. (Both the people that come in and the people working there)
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Work Life
Collections Investigator/Probation Collections (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2017
I have worked for the 4th Judicial district for over five years including volunteer experience. I would say overall the Judicial community is one of the best places to work.
I have gained tremendous amount of knowledge of the law, community, and public programs. I learned many new skills that helped me grow.
From my experience in one department I would say that management is absolutely horrible. Managers lack many qualities needed to lead a team. I have experienced 5 or six turnovers in the financial department of management from the time worked in five years. This is to also include the clerk of court and even up to the administrator.
The overall workplace culture is very professional.
The hardest part of the job that I have experienced is the micromanagement experienced from supervisors/managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and members of the community. Working with people makes the biggest impact with staying with the courts.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks. Weekends off.
Cons
Horrible management.
Probation Department, 12th Judicial District, Colorado
Support Staff/Screener/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, CODecember 1, 2016
I started as support staff and was promoted to Screen er/Assessor. I liked working for Probation and working with the juveniles. I liked researching their backgrounds and reporting to the Judge within 24 hours my recommendations until they went to trial.
Pros
I liked working with juveniles
Cons
Was sad when I couldn't locate their parents or guardians and had to put them in detention.
Good place to work - excellent supervisors.
Staff Assistant in Judicial Training (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2013
I was hired in as a temp and quickly promoted to permanent Secretary/Event Planner when the department head who had been in charge of the Statewide Judicial Conference quit. I was handed the project that was partially done and was able to take charge and finalize it - the way in which I love to work. The management of the Judicial Training Department was great to work with. They respected my abilities and welcomed my input.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Location and parking
Excellent stability
Conservation Easement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lamar, COMarch 7, 2013
Great People. Challenging work load but you learn lots! The average employee works for the State of Colorado for 10 years. That says a lot about the organization.
Pros
good pay + benefits
Cons
lots to remember
High Face Paced
Unit Supervisor, Combined Court (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2012
Faced paced off largest court system in state of Colorado enjoying working in this courts
Pros
flexible
Cons
no loyality
Hostile environment due to politics, harrassment and favoritism
Collections Investigator - Retired (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 7, 2012
Interview individuals coming out of court from financial affidavits to determine if they qualify for a payment schedule on court ordered assessments based on pre-determined guidelines. Establish payment schedules for those who qualify, enter that information and any personal financial information ( social security number, employer, bank account information ) into judicial case database.
Correlate any cases owed in my court with money owed in other jurisdictions. Monitor cases for compliance and inititate enforcement action ( garnishments on income or bank account, property liens, cancellation of driver's license, attachment of state income tax refund) where applicable.
My co workers for the most part were exceptionally hard working and professional.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management politics and blunt favoritism that went on in the last several years of my tenure there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the public and the good feeling that came from being able to help people successfully complete at least a part of their obligations to the court.
Pros
benefit and retirement programs
Cons
political sharking, harrassment, favoritism.