Colorado Judicial Branch

Colorado Judicial Branch Employee Reviews

United States25 reviews
I was a CJA in the county criminal pool. I worked with a great group of coworkers, but the management was just terrible. It was not uncommon to see fellow employees leave one-on-one meetings in tears. We went through 4 supervisors in less than a year. But, if you've got grit and can learn quickly and with virtually no training, then this is a great place to start a career in criminal justice.
A stressful but rewarding job. The pay is completely outside of the private-sector range, but I genuinely look forward to going to work every day. Great collaborative environment where employees feel respected, appreciated & encouraged. I feel very lucky to be a part of an amazing team.
Poor management, “cult” like mentality in the Probation Dept. Poor management and even poorer supervisors. They are all out for themselves and will step on anyone to get to the top. Probation is a joke, they don’t care about community safety, only about numbers and themselves. Toxic environment, stay away !
Although I am retired now, I would consider going back to work for this company if the right part time opportunity would come available. I worked in the court room with the Judge and entered court related information. I checked defendants in for court appearances.
Everything was negative and the district administrator was in way over her head. Work flow accountability was laughable at best. I have worked for various government agencies over the las 25 years and have never seen such organizational distinction.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This was just not the right fit for me, but there are many people that are very happy there. The work/life balance was decent and they were very flexible with hours/schedules. The facilities are really nice downtown and the workout area is really nice as well.
Great people to work with. The pay is terrible, and not enough to live on in Colorado!! Breaks and lunches can be a chore due to the docket type and Judge or Magistrate's manner. I never worked in the Clerks Office.
Pros
Flexible around family and life.
Cons
very poor pay.
Not ideal if your not a goodolboy. Great job to start out of high school or college. Stressful for some working with public. High turnover rate in certain departments. Excellent place to learn.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
High turnover rate
Stay away unless you know the boss and the boss will protect you. Horrible work environment. Favoritism and Many bullies. It is like working in Communist Russia in the 50's. Small minded people
Pros
Covered parking
Cons
Too many to list
It is the best place to work. The people are very professional and courteous. The training is exceptional and so is the staff. Did I mention I love working here?
Collaborative atmosphere with great benefits and excellent time off. It is a place to grow personally and professionally. It was a great chance to work with some great people.
I worked at the GAL office. No room for advancement and management was contradictory and discriminatory, it was a Do as I say, not as I do philosophy.
Pros
paid time off and work was rewarding
Cons
management needs a reality check and it feels like the "good ol' boys" kind of club most days
If you are willing to start from the bottom the Judicial Branch is great. I love the team I work for and I am never bored. Stay focused, do what you are told and you will go far.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, Pto, experience
Cons
Stressful at times, dealing with criminals
Progressive court which affords employees to be challenged with new programs. Advancement is encouraged. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with the public and making a difference in the community.
People were very prejudice. Politics were insane. The higher ups were very rude. The job itself is not bad. That is why i stayed so long. I love helping people and the learning I obtained.
Pros
Paid time off and Holidays
Cons
poitics
I have learned much while working for Colorado Judicial and attend 40+ additional hours of training each year. The workplace culture lacks focus and lack of management in the office creates confusion on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is having different responsibilities. A typical day at work involves working with different people, writing reports and sharing ideas.
Lots of gossip and drama. This company packed full of gossip, drama, and lies. If you like these things you will be allowed to thrive. The easiest way to get out of work is to say I never was told the why or just don't do what your manager asks. Lazy, lying, gossips will be appreciated and will enjoy the environment. However, if you save money for the organization and work your butt off you will be lucky to get a thank you. Welcome to the world of government.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Tons of gossip and drama.
Fast paced work environment. It would be an enjoyable job if weren't for the harassment that occurs behind the scenes. Work environment was often hostile. Some of the judges verbally harass and abuse their clerks. Management and Human Resources are unwilling to assist employees that are working in a hostile work environment with judges. Pay was to low for the negative and hostile environment that people are forced to work in. You often do not get breaks including lunch breaks.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Good place, good balance
Good pension, pay and raises depends on the states budget and the economy. Benefits are decent, the schedule is very flexible.
Terrible place to work. Working here was the worst by far the worst job I've ever had. If someone is considering working here, it would be out of desperation. The decent benefit would be the PTO and retirement. Find another state job. Everything pretty much is terrible. The pay sucks and the people are even worse. (Both the people that come in and the people working there)
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
I have worked for the 4th Judicial district for over five years including volunteer experience. I would say overall the Judicial community is one of the best places to work.
I have gained tremendous amount of knowledge of the law, community, and public programs. I learned many new skills that helped me grow.

From my experience in one department I would say that management is absolutely horrible. Managers lack many qualities needed to lead a team. I have experienced 5 or six turnovers in the financial department of management from the time worked in five years. This is to also include the clerk of court and even up to the administrator.

The overall workplace culture is very professional.

The hardest part of the job that I have experienced is the micromanagement experienced from supervisors/managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and members of the community. Working with people makes the biggest impact with staying with the courts.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks. Weekends off.
Cons
Horrible management.