Colorado Judicial Branch

Colorado Judicial Branch Management reviews

United States25 reviews
I was a CJA in the county criminal pool. I worked with a great group of coworkers, but the management was just terrible. It was not uncommon to see fellow employees leave one-on-one meetings in tears. We went through 4 supervisors in less than a year. But, if you've got grit and can learn quickly and with virtually no training, then this is a great place to start a career in criminal justice.
Poor management, “cult” like mentality in the Probation Dept. Poor management and even poorer supervisors. They are all out for themselves and will step on anyone to get to the top. Probation is a joke, they don’t care about community safety, only about numbers and themselves. Toxic environment, stay away !
Not ideal if your not a goodolboy. Great job to start out of high school or college. Stressful for some working with public. High turnover rate in certain departments. Excellent place to learn.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
High turnover rate
Stay away unless you know the boss and the boss will protect you. Horrible work environment. Favoritism and Many bullies. It is like working in Communist Russia in the 50's. Small minded people
Pros
Covered parking
Cons
Too many to list
I worked at the GAL office. No room for advancement and management was contradictory and discriminatory, it was a Do as I say, not as I do philosophy.
Pros
paid time off and work was rewarding
Cons
management needs a reality check and it feels like the "good ol' boys" kind of club most days
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
People were very prejudice. Politics were insane. The higher ups were very rude. The job itself is not bad. That is why i stayed so long. I love helping people and the learning I obtained.
Pros
Paid time off and Holidays
Cons
poitics
I have learned much while working for Colorado Judicial and attend 40+ additional hours of training each year. The workplace culture lacks focus and lack of management in the office creates confusion on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is having different responsibilities. A typical day at work involves working with different people, writing reports and sharing ideas.
Lots of gossip and drama. This company packed full of gossip, drama, and lies. If you like these things you will be allowed to thrive. The easiest way to get out of work is to say I never was told the why or just don't do what your manager asks. Lazy, lying, gossips will be appreciated and will enjoy the environment. However, if you save money for the organization and work your butt off you will be lucky to get a thank you. Welcome to the world of government.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Tons of gossip and drama.
Fast paced work environment. It would be an enjoyable job if weren't for the harassment that occurs behind the scenes. Work environment was often hostile. Some of the judges verbally harass and abuse their clerks. Management and Human Resources are unwilling to assist employees that are working in a hostile work environment with judges. Pay was to low for the negative and hostile environment that people are forced to work in. You often do not get breaks including lunch breaks.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible place to work. Working here was the worst by far the worst job I've ever had. If someone is considering working here, it would be out of desperation. The decent benefit would be the PTO and retirement. Find another state job. Everything pretty much is terrible. The pay sucks and the people are even worse. (Both the people that come in and the people working there)
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Colorado Judicial Branch?
I have worked for the 4th Judicial district for over five years including volunteer experience. I would say overall the Judicial community is one of the best places to work.
I have gained tremendous amount of knowledge of the law, community, and public programs. I learned many new skills that helped me grow.

From my experience in one department I would say that management is absolutely horrible. Managers lack many qualities needed to lead a team. I have experienced 5 or six turnovers in the financial department of management from the time worked in five years. This is to also include the clerk of court and even up to the administrator.
The overall workplace culture is very professional.

The hardest part of the job that I have experienced is the micromanagement experienced from supervisors/managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and members of the community. Working with people makes the biggest impact with staying with the courts.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks. Weekends off.
Cons
Horrible management.
I was hired in as a temp and quickly promoted to permanent Secretary/Event Planner when the department head who had been in charge of the Statewide Judicial Conference quit. I was handed the project that was partially done and was able to take charge and finalize it - the way in which I love to work. The management of the Judicial Training Department was great to work with. They respected my abilities and welcomed my input.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Location and parking
Interview individuals coming out of court from financial affidavits to determine if they qualify for a payment schedule on court ordered assessments based on pre-determined guidelines. Establish payment schedules for those who qualify, enter that information and any personal financial information ( social security number, employer, bank account information ) into judicial case database.
Correlate any cases owed in my court with money owed in other jurisdictions. Monitor cases for compliance and inititate enforcement action ( garnishments on income or bank account, property liens, cancellation of driver's license, attachment of state income tax refund) where applicable.

My co workers for the most part were exceptionally hard working and professional.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management politics and blunt favoritism that went on in the last several years of my tenure there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the public and the good feeling that came from being able to help people successfully complete at least a part of their obligations to the court.
Pros
benefit and retirement programs
Cons
political sharking, harrassment, favoritism.