Colorado Mesa University Employee Reviews

Great Supervisors
Student Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, COJuly 29, 2018
Supervisors and managers are very appreciative, understanding, and kind. They make efforts to improve the workplace as a whole. They do not look to blame or criticize their employees
No complaints
Former Head Women's Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 28, 2018
A great place to work for. Lots of opportunities once you have your foot in the door. Workplace does a good job of recruiting a diverse student population, but does a poor job of hiring and/or attracting qualified diverse employees.
Pros
great insurance packages
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Parking Services Info Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 31, 2018
This position was relaxed, fun, interesting, and provided experience in customer services, satisfaction, and office management. The department was very flexible with class hours and worked around your schedule. With working the front desk, this position allowed for students to work on homework when they weren't dealing with a customer.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and relaxed environment
Easy and Safe
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Mesa, COMay 22, 2018
The custodial job at Colorado Mesa University was easy and fun. The pay is minimum wage, but the work done there is slow and simple. The only problem was the odd hours a custodian works, due to activity by the students during the day.
Rigorous Job, great benefits, not quite as understanding of student schedules
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 20, 2018
Great experience working with residents and staff members, however, as a university double major with unusual scheduling requirements, they were not accommodating.
Great people with a good job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 14, 2018
Loved the people I worked with and I liked the job I did. I was able to stay on campus as a custodian do it was great. I definitely would recommend it for a student.
Pros
People, job, location
Cons
Hours
Dynamic college campus environment
BOOKSTORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 3, 2018
Working with students is always interesting, and usually fun. The campus has been in constant state of growth for the past 14 years, which has been exciting and challenging.
Pros
Constant change.
Cons
Constant change
Great Job
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 2, 2018
This job is great. This job allows you to advance and gain real world experiences. The supervisors and the whole department feels like a family. Their only wish is for you to succeed.
Pros
understanding
Cons
n.a
Mostly enjoyable
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 27, 2018
It was mostly a good place to work, but adjuncts were treated poorly by full time faculty. The other part time instructors, and support staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Great Place for Students
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 23, 2018
This position is great for students looking to make extra money while building their resume. It was an educational environment that left much flexibility for students.
Student job!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 19, 2018
If you're a college student and need work at the college. Great place to learn new things. Depends on the job you get, so you can work on your homework as well.

The typical workday is mostly helping students, answering phone calls, and taking appointments. It also falls on you to look at your schedule and make sure you can work those hours without anything interfering with any of your classes.

It really all depends on the job you get because all the jobs for students at Colorado Mesa University are different.
decent
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, COApril 12, 2018
This was an internship for college credit and I really didn't have that much to do. Sometimes there would be something to do like help out in events or assist other classes with technical questions.The most enjoyable thing is all the free over see the late night facilities, plenty of time to work on school work.
Relaxed & fun work environment
Locksmith-Door Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 11, 2018
Good hours lots of vacation, payed holidays & benefits. Work around a wide variety of people. Lots of learning opportunities. Train and work with part time student workers.
Fun place to work with advancement opportunities
Broadcast Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Mesa, COApril 10, 2018
I would help set up the equipment needed in order to film different sporting events. It was an easy and relatively stress-free environment. It was also a great job for someone who is a big fan of sports.
poor place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 25, 2018
This is a great place to work at if you dont except to much from your managers and are willing to stay in the same position because there is no advancement unless you are a brown noser. Managment wont do anything to help solve problems or even come out of the office to assist with an issue. They tend to write things down in their notebook and forget about it until you remind them that there was an issue or that you needed the supplies you asked for weeks ago.
Colorado Mesa is an excellent university with high standards and a great work environment.
Adjunct English Professor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 4, 2018
As an adjunct, I taught two days a week. I would arrive on campus before 9am and working in my shared office preparing lessons, correcting papers and working with students until my classes started later in the morning or in the afternoon. I shared my office with two other English professors, so we discussed various ideas for similar classes we were teaching. After my classes were over, I met with students and did some research before driving home. I learned to teach students on various levels and of various ages and ethnicity. The management was excellent about keeping me informed about things going on at the campus, and making sure
that I information I needed to complete my job. The workplace culture was less collegial because I was only there two days a week. I did get to know a few other professors, but not as many as I would have if I were full-time. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Pros
A wonderful mix of students.
Cons
Long commute
discount at gift shop
1st Generation Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day can be calmed and relaxed, but it can be very hectic and busy for the first week of school starting and last week of finals. CMU being a State affiliation the management team work very hard to take care of the workers. The Culture is very Diverse and the hardest part about this job is watching the student turned to drugs and alcohol for a quick fixed for their issues. The most enjoyable part is seeing them return for their next semester, and making plan for graduation.
Pros
birthday lunches, bonus's
Cons
can be stressful around finals
Not really a review
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 22, 2018
I took on this position as a way to improve my understanding of engineering subjects. As a place to work I think it was probably ok, but as adjunct faculty, I don't think I was exposed their culture to give an accurate review.
Pros
Better understanding of subjects taught
Cmu
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 11, 2018
No review. I would prefer not to write anything about this institution. Grand Junction, Colorado is a beautiful place to live. CMU has a beautiful campus.
Great place to work.
Head Cross Country/Track & Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CODecember 11, 2017
Fast paced, growing institution. Great university for the area. I learned how to forge meaningful relationships. Hardest part is the hours. I enjoy informing people about the university who would otherwise not know about it.