Colorado Retina Associates Employee Reviews

Keep job hunting elsewhere.......nothing to see here
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 8, 2018
PROs: learning how to deal with problem people? The only pro I got. Bonus: You can handle literally anywhere after this place-every job after working here will be a piece of cake -as far as dealing with problem management and coworkers

CONS: Too many to list.....for real......you always felt candid camera was going to jump out.....because you were always like "is this for real"......as far as the fellow coworkers behavior and management doing absolutely nothing about it- as far as working there and how they dealt with each other-or "didn't" deal with each other-(management/and workers). For 99 percent of the time-there seemed to be no management at all. You only knew management existed because there was a revolving door of people coming and going-so someone was obviously constantly hiring/firing, etc. People seemed to get fired for things like being late a few times-and those causing all the massive behavioral problems-stayed forever with not a glance from management-very weird! Most unprofessional environment EVER encountered in a "professional" workplace hands down! ...... those who worked there the longest were the biggest problems-and they didn't seem to have a clue how dysfunctional their behavior was or how dysfunctional the work environment was-even more weird........bizarre is my only word for working at this place. Oblivious also comes to mind when describing the environment..... Lots of qualified people also walk through the door-and quickly walk out-once they see the behavior of their coworkers in action. This place should be studied....in what "not" to
  more... do- and who not to hire-to promote a constructive and positive work environment.........  less
Pros
You get lots of "people skills" as far as how to deal with problem behavior constantly every day
Cons
Everything pretty much
Beware
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 3, 2018
Loved Loved working with the patients-but you will get a headache here eventually or many if you stay long enough-or even a short time. If you loved the high school environment this is the place for you! Especially the bickering and cool kids-who pick on other kids. Not sure what this is due to-poor management or hiring practice hiring people not well suited to the job-who are insecure? Who knows.... Resulted in very high turnover while I was there- everytime you blinked someone was out the door-and most great really qualified employees leaving the company because they valued their sanity-with the lackluster ones left working there....the cycle seemed to repeat over and over....sad. It could actually be a great place if they had overhauled the management system-or had someone come in and evaluate the place. Problems are not really addressed-more like swept under the rug in hopes of going away. While many of the good qualified employees leave for greener pastures. which is the result of sweeping employee issues under the rug. Good learning experience-but don't stay too long. Toxic environment-or wear a shield if you do-to protect yourself from the toxicity.
Pros
good pay for the work load
Cons
Toxic environment swept under rug when brought to attention
Fast Paced Need to be on your toes kind of job
Lead Opthalmic Techncian (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMay 28, 2018
Management was non existent. You are thrown to the wolves and if you couldn't handle that than get out. There is lots to learn there and they do hire with little to no experience needed. The turnover rate is high but if you are a good worker who strives on high paced surroundings.. you will advance and will advance quickly. Some of the doctors are awful.. and I mean awful. They will demean you, make you feel bad for being a woman, or overweight, or anything at all. Other doctors are pleasant. But most of these doctors are just a nightmare to work with and are never happy...
Pros
quick advancement if you can handle it
Cons
nightmare doctors
good place to work
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
This practice is very busy. They have lots of locations. Friendly staff in all locations. You have to be ready to go once you get in because there are lots of doctors and lots of patients.
Pros
busy
Cons
crazy schedule
Cut throat with poor managment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2018
Very much a dog eat dog company, feels very much like high school with the favoritism to boot, good employees get punished for mistakes made by not the best employees, management is the worst when it comes to the favoritism and making you feel like if you are not the favorite your time off request, or situations, will ever be heard and understood.
HR is amazing, just clinical managers are not.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
short breaks, long hours, cut throat
If i could give a negative review i would
Biller (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 2, 2017
Horrible experience. The worse management ever. They have favorites and it is well known. They feed into the gossip and enjoy it. Doctors have no clue what happens
Pros
Free lunches
Great Atmosphere,
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden,COJune 11, 2017
It's a real nice place to work, great co workers, but I prefer not to travel to other locations. Great group of providers. Hardest part of the job is that all locations are usually under staffed.
Disorganized and unfair management
COA, Ophthalmic Imager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 12, 2017
I worked at CRA for about a yr. Management makes a lot of promises which are never realized regarding training and advancement. They also treat employees (Techs, imagers, screeners, scribes, etc.) poorly and unfairly. I enjoyed the doctors and my co-workers, but the managers and supervisors are terrible, and the clinics are disorganized and inefficient.
Great physicians and caring coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2016
Very strong environment to advance knowledge, skills and education. Management stresses expanding medical knowledge, job and training certifications, and backs it up with educational funding.
I wish my own doctors & staff were as good as the staff at CRA. I have high expectations based on how we do things here. I don't usually have that same experience outside CRA.
Current management is great, though we had a rough patch a few years ago. It's a practice I hope to retire from, and I never thought I'd say that about any job. Coworkers are great, even if there's an occasional grump. CRA is willing to hire/train employees without prior ophthalmic experience; it's disappointing to see staff leave after getting experience, but fun when they come back to CRA after a year or two.
Many patients choose their insurance plan based on whether their CRA doctor is 'in network' with their plan. I have family and friends who are patients here, and there are patients that have become friends. If a friend asked me where to find the best retina doctors in CO, I tell them to come see us.
Pros
Helping people every day, good management and staff, very good benefits!
Cons
It's very busy, and not everyone can keep up.
Excellent work enviornment, excellent pay and love my work family.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2016
CRA has become my home away from home. I've been employed for 6 years and hope to retire here. The company is constantly growing and has opened 5 offices since I've been employed and brought in 3 new physicians. The work force has grown from 45 to 130 and still growing. CRA takes pride in quality patient care and care of their staff with good benefits and work environment.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Couldn't ask for a better place to work.
educational work enviroment
Retina Specialist Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoOctober 23, 2015
I worked at CRA for nearly 4 years. I learned to work for all 12 different doctors that CRA offered and learned something different on a daily basis from each one. We had 6 different locations which we all had to travel between.
The doctors and former co-workers will always hold a spot in my heart.
In those 4 years we went through 5 different managers, management was not the best and the turn over was probably the reason. It is a big company with high standards which I suppose made it hard on management.
Pros
free lunches, great benifits
Cons
turnover
Culture of wanting inferior managment due to the lack of wanting different opinions
Ophthalmic Technician/Lead (Former Employee) –  coloradoOctober 8, 2015
CRA could use a overhaul with their management. The doctors are great, however, they have no major concern how their management treats their staff. They basically have a blind eye to what goes on, ultimately it has to reflect on them as well.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
poor managemnt
Horrible, Cut-throat and Toxic Environment
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
Management is inconsistent and contradictory, and has serious communication problems with each other in properly addressing issues with employees; for example,being instructed by one manager to focus on accuracy instead of speed, then written up by another manager for not performing an exam quickly enough. The overall environment is hostile and bullying. Some of the staff seem to thrive on intimidating new employees and will go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure you don't last if they decide they don't like you. Management is aware of the harassment but indifferent to it. Should you have the audacity to try and defend yourself, you will ultimately be blamed as the instigator. Company has an extremely high turnover rate and a reputation for being fire-happy. If you enjoy swimming with sharks and wondering when you will be axed, this is the perfect job for you....otherwise steer clear!
Pros
Excellent pay, loved working with patients
Cons
No job security, terrible management and catty, backstabbing coworkers
I respect the doctors I work for and enjoy working with them.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
I enjoy going to work. I have learned how the different doctors have particular things they prefer. I feel very satisfied at the end of the day, knowing I have helped them as well as patients and co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
distance to work
Toxic and hostile work environment
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2014
Management ignores issues. The turnover is outrageous there has been at least 100 employees that have left this company since I've been there. No support from management. Culture of the company is no one is needed or valued.
Great experience
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2013
I have learned so much working for them and feel I am continuing to grow in my Retina experience
Pros
Great Management and benefits
Cons
Job security
Patients are wonderful
Medical Assistant/Ophthalmic Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2012
Co-workers are helpful caring, patients are wonderful, management needs some work
Pros
doctors, co-workers, patients
Cons
management
Hippa violations fair employment practices o not exist
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver COJune 15, 2012
Hostile and uncomfortable place to work. Vicious throw under the bus attitude. Poor training no consistency in the protocol. Management is self centered and CYA. Partners are in denial.
Cons
don't go there
Ophthalmology services are the best
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2012
Company has great potential. Opportunities to advance are non existent. Management is toxic.
Pros
easy work
Cons
toxic management
Poor excuse for management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2011
The Administrator and HR lady are unprofessional and possible inept. They extend offers of employment and then rescind without concern. Please avoid this group if you value your time as they have no consideration for potential new hires
Cons
they think they can treat people anyway they want