Colorado State University
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Colorado State University Employee Reviews

United States583 reviews

coloradouniversitystudentprofessorcollinscampusgraduatestate

Supportive coworkers and rewarding work

I was employed at the health network on campus. Our team worked well together and with the other teams/departments. Working with students was rewarding and energizing. Adequate time was given for patient encounters and good amount of administrative time to catch up on notes and such. The culture of the workplace encourages and supports work life balance and personal/professional growth. Great time off and benefits.

Great Benefits

I enjoy working for CSU. Great benefits and PTO. Good work-life balance. Also, the employees study privilege program is great! I recommend working for CSU.

Colorado State University insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productive but not many hours

Great job for incoming students but there isnt many hours. It helps with school schedule but cant expect too much money to accumulate. Highly recommend for students not needing a lot of financial support.

Went ALL over the country, to conventions, seminars... Was fun traveling

Loved this job! Was a great place to work!! Very flexible hours to work around class schedule. Very caring and empathetic professionals... Colorado State University is a fantastic school. I'm thankful I chose this university 😀

Easy work and Fair pay

The pay for what it was was pretty outstanding and I haven't found an equivalent that pays more or as much. I found that my coworkers were my least favorite part of the experience, as they seemed to be older and bitter towards pretty much anyone who didn't look like them. Management was accommodating and understanding. Also depending on where you get stationed (Football Stadium for me) you may or may not be cleaning the entire time. So its imperative you at least try and look busy somewhat. Most of the time youre doing the work alone so its can be somewhat therapeutic at times if youre into that sort of thing.

Pros

Work alone, Management is cool, Pay is good for the job

Cons

Co workers are a mixed bag, Sometimes theres nothing to do

Good job for students

My job was fairly easy and repetitive. Could get boring some days, while on others there was nonstop work to be done. Overall good employees and a laid-back attitude most of the time.

Contracting Position - GIS

Really enjoyed working for CSU as a contractor for the US Military. Much better work environment than a previous employer, and felt like the company valued me as a professional and as a person.

Overall good place

The overall support from the school and the promoting opportunity is very good. Further the school encourages entrepreneurial ventures with other universities. it is very nice to have the encouragement to work a additional places.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Unknown upcoming offerings for teaching

Productive and fun work place

Under paid, under staffed. not many opportunities for advancement. Different hours and shifts. Different pay rates. Unusual overtime. Not many chances for pay raises.

Steer clear

I worked a temp position at the CSU veterinary teaching hospital overnights. My peers were rude and unprofessional, I was not allowed to leave my desk even for my lunch break because I was the “only one” and working conditions were hostile to say the least. Pay sucked for the position and everyone hates their job and is miserable and has no problem saying so

Facilities Management -

Facilities Management is composed of state classified employee & would rate higher if its leadership were not so detached or exhibit such a strong private sector persona. There is a heavy conservative / military mindset here.Responsibilities will be tacked on well outside one's PDF, but value thru raises / promotions are very rare. Expect above & beyond to be compensated in appreciation. Some units have great individuals, others are horrible. Due to this, there is a high turnover and low morale.But it is not the worst job. Schedule is consistent (overtime is rare), so those willing to do no more than status quo, or are thinking towards retirement, or needing work/life balance for family will benefit most. This place quietly emphasizes hiring relatives & this also correlates with internal growth.

Disgruntled

Only one .07% raise in 7 years of employment. All state classified employees are disgruntled as can be from getting screwed every year. Csu trys to act like they care about there employees but in reality they don't care one bit about them. All management positions are admin pro and 90% of them make six figure salarys and they treat there state classified employees like they are there servants. Would not recommend working for csu unless you like being treated like garbage!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Have to pay to park, no raises or promotions.

Work study

Not a bad work study job, I was IT help desk and it can be stressful at times but management will help you step by step only drawback is the people you are helping can be tough to deal with.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Customers attitude

Fun workplace but bare minimum management.

Although it was fun working with energetic kids and fun sports, the management there was pretty bad, they would pin every problem on the counselors and would not hold the parents, kids, or themselves accountable.

it's alright, ample vacation and leave is provided for ap and faculty staff.

it is a fine place to work if you are in upper senior management, if you are in operations management it is a challenge to meet expectations , staffing shortages and a heavy reliance on part time student employees. impossible to discipline difficult employees, leads to work place strife. wage increase fall short of COL increases. new hires for less senior positions now hired at higher rates of pay than existing employees that have a higher position.

Pros

lack of supervision

Cons

lack of supervision

CSU can be a fun company to work for. Where i work i get to work all athletic events.

When i get to work, every thing is pretty much lined out for the nights schedule, i get to work hand in hand with some of the big names in collage football. The hardest part of my job, i feel is getting off at 12:30am. Allot of times though i enjoy coming to work for the camaraderie.

Pros

allot of free food

Cons

pay could be better

Universities are great places to work

Universities are great places to work. The work/life balance is great, as well as the flexibility and benefits, but you could make more in private sector. I am a grad student, so pay is pretty bad (as is the case for all grad students), but otherwise its a great place to work.

Pros

Great flexibility

Cons

You could make more in industry, depending on your job

Undergrad Researcher - depends on the lab and the PI

I work for one of my professors in a lab on campus and have many peers who do the same. It is a lot of fun, if difficult (steep, steep learning curve) and has challenged me consistently. From what it sounds like, this experience can vary considerably depending on the size/resources/supervision of the lab you are working in. Do your research and talk to professors and their grad students! It's worth it to find something you're a good fit for.

Pros

learning, lab skills, connections with grad students and professors

Cons

learning curve

On-campus job for college student

Working for Colorado state university as a studnet-employee is very easy and flexible. I am able to balance going to class as well as earn money at the same time

Pros

Very flexible

Great place to work, but does not compensate well.

The work is extremely easy. It is a slow paced environment. There is not a lot of critical thinking or thinking at all for that matter, so work tends to get rudimentary and boring.

Cons

Still have to pay for parking

Decent place to do research

Great location in a state with very balanced politics. As a postdoc, I have met very intelligent and hard-working scientists of all levels (grad, postdoc, faculty). Great place to hone valuable research skills. On the other hand, it's not Ivy League so if you want to stick to academia this may not be the place for you.

Pros

Great culture and faculty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado State University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Colorado State University with

Studying at Colorado State University

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Colorado State University