Colorado State University Employee Reviews

Overall a good place for graduate studies
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 15, 2019
As a graduate student studying agriculture, I've found the department is a bit disjoint but overall a positive place to work. This is probably the case at other universities as well. It seems like there are new faculty making moves to improve the atmosphere and community.
fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 30, 2019
Its a fun place to work if your a people person. Like any college its political and thats the most annoying part of working there. overall the enviroment is good.
Pros
diversity of people
Cons
political
busy place alot of square footage
Custodian III Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 28, 2019
I started the night making sure every one got clocked in. Then I would decide the work areas according to how many employees i have. I would ask each employee if every thing was good I would ask if they needed anything supply wise.Also if any thing was broken in their area. I would check my e mails make any contacts thatbwere needed and then start helping my crew. End of shirt check in keys and punch out see you tommorw thanks for your good work.
Cons
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 25, 2019
the state itself is beautiful and the working facility is also great. The work life balance is also maintained. The standard of education provided by the university is admirable. Living cost is little bit high though.
Everyone was supportive, compassionate, and educational.
Veterinary Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 16, 2019
Everyone at Colorado State University was supportive.
Each person helped me to elevate myself to my fullest potential.
Everyone was compassionate. If I had any issues with anything, everyone would understand and go out of their way to help me with whatever I was dealing with.
Everyone was educational. I could ask anyone any question I had about anything and they would educate me with what they knew or directed me to another who could answer my questions.
My job was seasonal and temporary else I'd love to work there forever!
Pros
Sometimes free food, exercise groups, Bible study groups, beautiful open building plan with huge windows and all natural light.
Cons
Because I was seasonal I had only 401K benefits.
CSU is a great place to work to gain a Masters but not technically challenging
Database/.NET Lead Business Financial Systems (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 15, 2019
CSU is has very good managers, there is quite a bit of noise though.

Has great benfits for staff employees, but limiting in tools and software needed to do your job.
Benefits
Cons
Noise Level
Relaxed and Informative
Hydraulics Lab Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 9, 2019
I learned a lot during my time in the Hydraulics Lab. I could get days off to study, doctors appt, etc no problem. Pay was pretty good for an on campus job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement
Time to move on
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 7, 2019
The favoritism and bullying in my division is out of control. If you aren't one of the in-crowd, you can forget ever moving up or getting a raise. Ethics are unknown here and questioning or reporting gets you nothing but a black mark on your record.
A great place to go to graduate school
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Larimer County, COJanuary 7, 2019
Had a great experience in the Graduate Degree Program in Ecology. Highly recommend the program. Did my Master's and Ph.D degrees. Thoroughly enjoyed the offered courses, instructors, and outreach opportunities.
Large catering environment.student employees, always engaging
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80523December 24, 2018
A typical day at work starts with meeting in-house clients followed by a morning RevMax meeting where we discuss business opportunities that have come in the previous day. We discuss as a group to determine if it makes sense for the hotel on a financial level to bid on the event. Throughout the day I am responding to incoming leads whether they come in via telephone or email. Each day we hold BEO meeting with each department to ensure everyone has the information needed to execute events as flawlessly as possible,
Research and Teaching Assistant
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 4, 2018
Collaborated on several research projects, namely animal nutrition, feedlot performance enhancement, lameness, digital dermatitis, heavy metal contamination in the soil, and integration of technology in agriculture.
Taught multiple courses in nutrition and physiology:
 ANEQ/PHIL-104 Values, Culture and Food Animal Agriculture
 ANEQ-313 Prevention and Control of Livestock Diseases
 ANEQ-320 Principles of Animal Nutrition
 ANEQ-476 Feedlot Systems
University working environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 26, 2018
The lab I worked in had lots of work to do and not a lot of people. Allowed the team to work on a variety of different programs. Highly collaborative environment.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Low pay
Colorado State University was amazing
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 26, 2018
I was a graduate student at Colorado State University (CSU), and the leadership was amazing. I knew they had my back and I supported them. We did good research together, and I could walk or bicycle to work every day. And the local breweries were amazing and within a 5 mile walk of work and home.
assisting students and staff with preparation of chemicals, use and maintenance of laboratory equipment and disposing of waste
Student Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 19, 2018
it was good work for a student with hours based around my class schedule. as an intern the pay was low, but lots of use with materials and equipment in my field.
Pros
convenient hours
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 19, 2018
Colorado state is a great place to work. All the employees are great and the students are even funner. I highly recommend working at Colorado state university
Higher Education
LECTURER (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 15, 2018
I guest lecture here, so this is a volunteer type of position. I enjoy speaking with the students and expanding their knowledge in the field of law enforcement.
workplace
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 12, 2018
enjoyed my time there. relaxed work environment. hours of work were really good. there were also so many days that were offered for time off. in my department we could take up to 2 weeks off at Christmas time.
Pros
hours
Cons
to political for advancement.
A good relationship with co-workers also helps build team spirit
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed very much working at CSU as a research assistant. I start working early in the morning and collected data to run hydrological data called the SWAT model. I also contacted the local water agencies to get a permission to do surveys at their territories. Then we run the simulation and calibrate/validate the results. With the results, we published two papers.
Caste System Makes 2nd Class Citizens Out of Many
Instructor, College of Business (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 5, 2018
Unless you are one of the faculty who bring a lot of money or positive attention to the university, you are treated poorly. This is especially pronounced in the College of Business. Leadership there regularly ignore various university HR policies in how it treats its staff and non-research faculty.
Good ole boys (or girls club)
Account Tech III (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 5, 2018
I was the only male accountant in my department and was separated from the rest of the staff and never felt like I fit in with the group or was a part of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight