Colorado State University Employee Reviews

Collegiate
Purchasing Admin II (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 19, 2018
Working for the University was an exciting opportunity. The education atmosphere has always been a draw to me, however, unless you are a professor or upper-level administrator, the pay is not great. You have to choose which is more important to you.
Productive fun place to work
Research Assistant - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 9, 2018
My position allowed me to be outside for the majority of most working days. Did seasonal work helping with a drought resistant strain of wheat. Enjoyed the supervisors and culture.
Pros
Being outside
Cons
Average Pay
Go rams
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 26, 2018
Fight on, you stalwart RAM team,

On to the goal!

Tear the [opponent]'s line asunder,

As down the field we thunder!

Knights of the Green and Gold,

Fight on with all your might!

Fight on you stalwart ram team,

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Great location for graduate degree and assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 23, 2018
Fantastic experience, with the major drawback being that assistantships come to an end! Wish I could have worked there for indefinitely. Getting paid to learn is hard to top.
Just A Note
Network Sevice Group workstudy (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 12, 2018
I loved my job i wish I could have stayed and worked with them more i was happy with my bosses and employers. I also loved the campus and work that i was given
Relaxed atmosphere
Assistant Professor of Finance (Tenure-Track) (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 11, 2018
Beautiful area to live - but getting to be very costly. I have personal reasons related to my sick 3 year old that makes living in Fort Collins especially expensive.
Pros
CSU and great colleagues
Cons
Expensive to live in Fort Collins
Job Description for Work Study
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 10, 2018
-This office is solely responsible for both International Study Abroad and National Student Exchange programs.
-Inform the student body of International Study opportunities offered by the institution.
- Encompasses sorting financial documents as well as citizenship and International University transcripts/ related documents.
-Plan campus events that promote international and residential student interactions.
Behind every Support role dept at CSU, is a stoned old guy
Central Receiving Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 7, 2018
On campus jobs are relaxed and a great way to get experience before going to another business. But behind every major department is a really old and stoned white guy in charge of the back end stuff. If a SJW listened in on most conversations half the campus would be fired on the spot.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 7, 2018
It's difficult to rate/review the university given that I was a graduate student here, but I found my experience here to be positive. Those that I worked with here were incredible.
Extremely slow hiring process, Heavy time commitment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 2, 2018
If you apply at CSU be sure to clear your schedule for the next 2 months. Mandatory, non-flexible interview process. Great for someone currently unemployed or working part time. Preliminary exam and interview were scheduled a week in advance during normal business hours. Had to use vacation time and cross my fingers that my time off would be approved by my current manager so I could atleast attend the exam. After attending, weeks went by before receiving any response making the total process last more than 30 days before selecting their candidate. Interviewers were cold and stiff, I had to be the one to break the ice with a smile and “How are you?”.
Fun Job
STEAM Program/ Day Camp Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 31, 2018
Great place to lean a lot about everything, helpful staff. spend many days at day camps helping kids learn STEAM related programs. too bad the funding ended.
This was a temporary position.
University Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81001May 30, 2018
My supervisor was very good to me. He supplied me with any materials I needed to teach my classes. I enjoyed helping the university students learn the subjects and perform well on the tests.
Fantastic
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 30, 2018
I've never enjoyed my job before I worked at CSU-P. Not your typic al office job the Dissability Resource and Support Center is a wonderful place to work with down to earth co workers.
Pros
Great Work Environment and Experience
Cons
Minimum Wage
Good place to learn
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 25, 2018
Learned a lot here. Worked on custom ASIC designs as well as Verilog, working alongside Chemistry students. Great opportunity to both learn and network
Student
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2018
I recently graduated from this great institution. I did not work there, however i am using their program as relevant experience. sorry if there is any misunderstanding
great manger and safe job
Work-studying student (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 22, 2018
I was a student in CSU, and I was part-time working students. It was great experience to learn how I deal with customer and how I can provide service for them.
love what you do to do what you love
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 19, 2018
I like to work very hard and very precisely to reach the maximum satisfaction about myself and help others. I got paid for my own research and that was nice. Even though I had a physical challenge, my supervisors provided equipment and material required to accomplish my tasks. I've learned techniques that were very intellectually challenging. My study programs also required data collection, processing and analysis. I am very proud of what I learned and accomplished.
Great place with even better people.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
A great working environment, right now Im apart of a D1 football coaching staff so everyday we must find ways in order to be as successful as possible.
Wonderful university culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80523May 13, 2018
Research can be stressful but quite rewarding. Learned much while working at CSU. Loved working with students who would bring ideas to the work group.
It is a great Experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 6, 2018
Although it is a temporary job assigned to the graduate student, I learned a lot not only in knowledge but also in the skill of communication. The professor always patient and support my efforts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight