COLORS ON PARADE

COLORS ON PARADE Employee Reviews

Our small franchise is able to help dealerships around the county to sell their cars in a cost saving were the manner. Instead of taking them to a body shop we can come to them in our mobile unit to fix minor dents and body work. Although usually we are a two member team we are able to get the work done and keep our clients happy.
Typical day consists of approaching automotive retailer management with services needed on inventory, proposing cost of repair and receiving approval on each unit while I maintain close contact with each department to ensure customer satisfaction through communication. Learned the ins and outs of company procedure from the reconditioning process as well as what it takes to start and maintain a work ethic that makes running one's own business successfully. Colors on Parade is a franchise therefore it provides the opportunity to be ones own manager while assisting each account execute various services needed through a solution based work ethic. The culture is very fast paced and teaches one to make decisions quickly, that can constantly increase or decrease profitability which can be challenging at times however keeps one learning to sharpen and hone the ability to perform professionally. No doubt the hardest part of the job is the imperative need to adapt quickly to various rapid changes in climate being that the job itself is ensuring a high quality autobody finish outdoors in the elements such as extreme temperatures, rain, humidity etc. The various challenges themselves proved to be enjoyable due to the fact that it forces one to adapt, communicate and execute with precision ensuring the end result is a happy customer.
They are a company that strives on improving the mobile auto body paint world. They are always looking to expand and help others do the same for them selves and their families. They are fun and innovative. A typical day would include getting the jobs lined up for the day and finishing those same jobs. Doing this, I learned time management and meeting deadlines on a regular basis. To do so I learned the ins and outs of how to operate a mobile working unit and my customer service was improved greatly. It was such a fun environment to work in. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was reaching some customers unreal and to high of expectations. But when we did meet and customers expectations and saw the look of gratitude on their face, that was the most rewarding part. Know we made someone happy and made their day, perhaps their year. They probably never thought they could afford to get their car fix, but with the colors on parade low prices, they where able to.
Pros
I was able to work on my own cars and family members cars when ever i wanted.
Cons
Only when it rained was it that we couldn't work do to the fact that we worked out side.
Pretty interesting side to auto body work. Mobile franchises that service car dealerships and private residences in repairs and repainting. I was being trained to own my own franchise.
Pros
Make your own hrs, be your own boss, if you like to work on cars this would be good for you
Cons
Corporate fees, weather can hinder your productivity, work outside
I enjoyed what I did but there was no more advancement for being that it’s set up as a franchise system and I would have needed 20k to proceed and the managers don’t help you it’s up to you to come up with the money and having a family and paying bills made it pretty much impossable for me so I would have needed the bosses help and was told no and also there was no benifits no vacation time sick times paid holidays none of that the only reason why I stayed so long was because I enjoyed my job I will answer any and all question in further detail in a interview
Pros
Made decent money
Cons
Very cut throat and no benefits and little to no help with advancing forward
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I learned a lot of time management skills and how to make minor repairs and a lot of money with this company very impressed. The area developer was a really good friend of mine and made a great relationship with him.
The typical day was 8-5 with an hour long lunch. I'd begin prepping on a car as soon as I arrive and try to finish as many quality jobs as I can in the day. Typical jobs I'd recieve is paint refinishing and minor body and plastic repair. I was able to learn and master the fundamentals of paint and repair work while also learning tips and tricks of the trade. Management was often scrambling to get work and schedule it appropriately. My fellow co-workers helped develop a self motivated attitude towards work and to delivering the best possible product. The hardest part of the job is having to complete top quality jobs in the extremely difficult time frames I'd recieve from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling of being able to turn in a top quality job.
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
Management scheduling
My boss is the best ever. You don't find to many like him, that goes above and beyond for their employees. I would recommend this company to anyone for employment.
Prepared and analyzed all cars from start to finish with refinished inspections. Gather stock code information and formulated paints to match. Management had specific work procedures that were always there to review. Enjoyed the independence of this job! Worked closely with Supervisor on independent duties.
Pros
Independence
Cons
outdoor environment
Always busy with different types of jobs from normal daily drivers to high dollar luxury and sports cars. Had to multitask all the time and work on multiple jobs throughout the day. Between doing both paint and body from disassemble to reassemble and finish work from painting to buffing. Had to work with customers and help with estimates and invoices. Also had to train new employees and oversee the work they did. Management slowly diminished due to personal interests from the owner and his personal life. Co workers were picked poorly by management, either no experience or poor attitude to listen and learn and brought in their personal life rather than leaving it at home when they came to work. Not having the help needed to do some jobs and meet our deadlines was beginning to happen on a regular basis. However it was a fun place to work for majority of the time I was there. Was able to do side work on weekends.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, could do side work at the shop.
Cons
No healthcare, no paid sick time and no paid vacation.
People I work with are hard workers, family men and are dependable, there were good benefits and one could continue to grow the business, it did take a lot of hard work.
Pros
the time you worked could be your own
Cons
the percentage we had to pay corporate was a bit high
I learned the steps to repair damages to cars as well as there paint. Every day was something different.
Most miserable couple of years of my life. 21% of all money goes to area developer and coperate office. After taxes and supplies every dollar you make you only keep $.40. Good idea on paper, bad idea in the world.
Pros
Cons
To high franchise fee 21% going to coperate and area developer that do not do a thing
enjoyed working for myself , made good profits, unfortunately the business didnt flourish as expected.
  1. Employee Reviews