COLSA Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Constructive and full of exciting new daily events.
Social Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 22, 2018
Lucky to have worked at COLSA.
Typical work day that you would be looking forward to.
As long you are doing work according to company guidelines, you are free from managers' looking over your shoulders.
Bad Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
Management in Tampa office practice discrimination and favoritism in its hiring and promoting process. Management favorite special race. if you are not from that race you will not advance. The company is under government investigation. Watch out from this company and don't be another victim.
Busy
Test Engineer/Web Services Tester (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJune 26, 2018
Contracted to the Government, so often have to follow DoD Directives. Follow the Acquisition life cycle management profile. All computers and equipment provided by Government. Other than payroll, time management and general procedures, fall under DoD direction.
Overall, great place to work
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJune 22, 2018
Great place to work, just sometimes the politics of the government seem to get in the way of doing a good/great job. I would not hesitate to work there again some time in the future.
Poor Management
Financial Analyst and Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Poor Management. Management exists of the good ol boy system. No chance for advancement. Poor correspondence and communication. Do not provide updated polices and guidelines.
Remote Employee
Program Analyst IV/Logistician Senior C5-M (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 11, 2018
Mostly does not apply, day to day supervision/management did not exist. Employee engagement only existed through emails concerning training requirements. Great interaction with customers and vendors. Typical day consisted of oversite examination, legacy research, documentation and validation.
Pros
Outside conections
Cons
Contract
Great management to employee relation.
Defense/Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
Good company to work with. Company has flexible hours which works well for me as a veteran. Management has a great relation with its employees and constantly seeking feedback on what could be done to improve the overall moral. Workplace culture is of a professional atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be just like any in this line of work, you have to understand your working environment to be effective.
COLSA Typical Day
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKApril 10, 2018
It is a good place to get the experience you need to get your foot in the door elsewhere. That is what contracting is about. The experience you get is priceless and useful to other positions down the road.
Pros
Flexibel Hours
Cons
No career advancement
excellent team
Defense (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2018
Excellent team, good benefits, great environment, mission focused, good opportunities to learn, working hours are great, caring people at HQ and other locations.
Pros
Flexible hours when you need it, good team, excellent management team
Cons
could use more paid time off.
Great medical insurance
CONFIGURATION/DATA MANAGEMENT ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2018
No downward communication but an overall good company. Medical insurance is probably the best in Research Park. Food trucks on site for lunch and a wellness program.
Great people with bad management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
I worked in Tampa office and experienced obvious discrimination and favoritism. Everyone knows about it and became acceptable for some reason. If you are not white you will not advance even if you are the most qualified person in your office. Hope someone will do something about it one day.
Great company- at least our department
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COFebruary 8, 2018
Management here all the way through Program Manager level was transparent and very nice to people. My lead was very easy to talk to about anything. The only thing missing for me was the technical piece. I like being more hands on with the data center and architecture piece.
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Cons
long drive to work, base closure in winter
Great
Program Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Typical work day makes sense. No baloney just good honest work.

I learned that when employers put employees first like COLSA, good things happen.

Good Management.

Culture was good.

Hardest part of job was satisfying Air Force.

Most enjoyable part of job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, culture, job security
Cons
Excellent company to work for. Management puts employees first.
Sr. Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Management puts their employees first. Excellent pay, benefits, and extracurricular activities. Company likes to share its profits with their employees, almost to a fault (the owner focuses on the happiness of his employees. Very rare). You can talk to management and they will listen, take action if necessary and make every effort to work with you and your assigned duties. Can't say enough good things about COLSA. If you get an opportunity to work for them you best jump at the opportunity. Only reason I am looking is that I am a retired federal employee that works because I like to and that work right now is preferred to be in San Diego. Otherwise I wouldn't think twice about leaving the company. I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that COLSA obtains a position in SD that fits my experience.
Pros
See above
Cons
Wish I had discovered them earlier upon my retirement from the federal government.
So far so good
Windows System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806December 30, 2017
I haven't been with the company long, but what I have experienced has been a positive one. Looking for to getting the ball rolling so to speak. This is a longer contract which will be nice.
Pros
Good pay, benefits are about the same as everyone else
Cons
None yet.
Productive workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 29, 2017
Was a great place to work and learn. management kept employees informed and willing and able to answer any concerns. Provided self improvement classes to enhance your Field Engineer skills.
Pros
Steady Hours good pay
Cons
Temporary position
good
Systems Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2017
Left alone to do my job, no supervision unless requested. set my own task schedule, scheduled required meetings as necessary. interfaced with my stakeholders as necessary.
benefits
Cons
salary & advancement
Great Experience
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 28, 2017
Colsa is a great company and I have nothing negative to say about them. One of the best parts of Colsa is being able to build and bank comp time. I haven't had to take any vacation days in 2 years.
Benefits
Cons
Fun and got to work with good tech, but bad managment
Software Architect and Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2017
I really liked the people I worked with, who were smart and motivated. Most of the people there were friends, and everyone got along. We got to choose tech for each project, which is always amazing.

Unfortunately, a lot of the management decisions did not make sense. Exemplary reviews followed by 2% raises don't make much sense, nor does neglecting to seek input from a direct supervisor when determining an employee's compensation.

Overall, the people were good, the company was not.
Pros
Good co-workers, handsoff managment
Cons
Compensation, management
Relaxed Productive Work Environment
System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2017
Great company to work for that truly treats family as more important than work. They understand situations happen and work to provide the best accommodations possible.