Columbia College Employee Reviews

n/a
Enrollment Advisor I (Current Employee) –  FPO, AEOctober 17, 2018
School is a great place to work and to get you prepared for a self starter environment. Very friendly staff that is always willing and available to help others in need.
Productive, Educational, Professional.
Admissions and Records Technician/Temp (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAOctober 11, 2018
Everybody knows everybody. Small beautiful campus surrounded by trees and wildlife. Management is good and the workplace feels relaxed in a professional setting. Coworkers are kind and genuinely care and want to see you succeed in whatever position you are in.
Interesting student body
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I taught finance to art majors. It was an interesting challenge, The students were bright but had almost no knowledge of the capital markets. My supervisor was very helpful and supportive
Pros
Freedom to teach as I liked
Cons
Not enough hours
student
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 7, 2018
I was a student at this campus for 2 years, as were my kids. Had a great experience and loved the environment and the staff that work there. Made lots of friends
Was a nice place for a first job
Snack Bar and Deli Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAAugust 11, 2018
Was a nice place to have my first job. The atmosphere was always friendly, and the coworkers were a treat. However, if you are looking for any sort of long term career, forget about it. The pay is low, and there isn't much room for career advancement through this job.
Pros
Free Soda, Nice People
Cons
Minimum wage, bad hours.
Promoted the benefits of a small, private college
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 7, 2018
While working at Columbia College, I traveled five states to promote the private college and the degrees offered to students.A wonderful small, private college across town from the Univ of MO. , offering a hands on approach to prospective students and their families.
Cons
While I loved promoting collegee college and the degrees offered
great program offered
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 7, 2018
Program was great for students. Office was provided on my target campus. Financially the College was not doing well and they eliminated all site coordinator positions
Adjunct Faculty
Professor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2018
Columbia College is a great place to work as an adjunct. The appropriate supports were in place. This was a great opportunity to gain college level teaching experience.
Used to be a great place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2018
At one time, Columbia College was a great place to work. Those days are long gone. When a new president came in, he completely dismantled the "Adult Higher Education" department by firing and running out many of the excellent people who had worked there for decades and replaced them with yes-men who would not voice any opposition to the new direction he intended on taking the college in.

CC is a not-for-profit private institution that once focused on low-cost classes and catered to working adults, as well as its traditional day campus program. After the regime change, CC began to look more and more like a for-profit college. The culture changed almost overnight, with long-time employees afraid of losing their jobs and fleeing en mass.
Adjunct
Psychology Department - Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2018
Providing adjunct teaching in a variety of psychology courses for undergraduate students. Courses taught: Psychopathology, Psychological testing, Introduction, etc.
Pros
Good teaching environment
Cons

Want to know more about Columbia College?

Ask a question
Teaching online
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
Columbia College is an amazing place to work in online program. I have a great deal of freedom all while management is always available for anything I need.
Pros
Work from home
full time student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 8, 2018
I was a full time student did not receive any pay or benefits. The website makes me fill this out thinking it was a job when it wasn't not. I wish it had a option or knew school is not a job.
my review summary
Actor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
I am a freelance mascot. so a typical day at work is making people laugh or happy. I just wish I can do that every day and not just on certain events.
Pros
being welcomed, taking brakes, making sure i'm ok
Cons
more work hours and not just a few
Great place to work until budget and downsizing of departments led me to lost my job
Assistant to the Chair/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Loved every minute of my teaching and staff life there for over 27 years until l lost my position. Great culture and I enjoyed my day to day responsibilities.
Okay
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
Not bad not the greatest okay place to work. The school is good and affordable. I like the lack of pressure. However i do feel they should pay better.
Great work place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 14, 2018
The people are amazing and supportive and they also want you to have a great education. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is upbeat. Working there gave me confidence.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
New President taking the place in wrong direction
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 8, 2018
New leadership sinking the place
Focus went from education to profits
Very fake atmosphere and too much pressure to buy into the b.s.
No real opportunity to move up
Pros
Tuition discount for family and decent benefits
Cons
Culture is poor
Great atmosphere
Baseball Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2018
This was a great company/school to work for. I was able to get my masters degree and be an assistant baseball coach for two years. They treated everyone nicely and I enjoyed my time at Columbia College.
Excellent liberal arts school
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 12, 2018
I absolutely loved working here as a young professional. Excellent programs, campus life, and resources. Educational opportunities also available to employees.
Columbia College
Columbia College Education Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 9, 2018
This is a GREAT place to work and go to school. As a non-profit it does not compete with other places of employment but they do make it up on other benefits they offer.