Columbia College Employee Reviews

Certification for the VA
SCHOOL CERTIFYING OFFICIAL (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 26, 2018
Wonderful team of people and a nice place to work. Co workers are complete team players and our Director is an amazing asset to the entire Columbia-College Rolla team.
Toxic Environment!
Administrator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 9, 2018
No trust between administration and faculty or staff. Starts right at the top! People are afraid to offer suggestions, say anything for fear they will be the next to be let go. Lots of people leaving on their own, too!
Pros
pay
Cons
poor leadership
Micromanaged in a negative way
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 6, 2018
lack of experience and training from supervisors. very micromanaged. hardly any advancement opportunities within the entire college. over worked with little time.
Pros
pays well
Cons
supervisors are not well trained
Columbia College
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 3, 2018
Columbia College offered a great opportunity for growth and experience. On a typical day I would see many military students and civilians. The hardest part of the job was office politics.
Great work place
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 23, 2018
This is a great place to work. The management is aware that you're likely a student who is away from home, so they always take school and family into consideration.
Building in a new direction
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2018
A vastly diverse culture, within this institution of the arts. A great energy in the student body, with a strong and structured support system from the faculty, and staff. Most of the faculty, and staff; have been around for at least 10+ years, and are heavily invested into the growth, and culture of Columbia College.
Pros
There is always something to learn!
Cons
There’s always something to learn! Lol
n/a
Enrollment Advisor I (Current Employee) –  FPO, AEOctober 17, 2018
School is a great place to work and to get you prepared for a self starter environment. Very friendly staff that is always willing and available to help others in need.
Productive, Educational, Professional.
Admissions and Records Technician/Temp (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAOctober 11, 2018
Everybody knows everybody. Small beautiful campus surrounded by trees and wildlife. Management is good and the workplace feels relaxed in a professional setting. Coworkers are kind and genuinely care and want to see you succeed in whatever position you are in.
Interesting student body
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I taught finance to art majors. It was an interesting challenge, The students were bright but had almost no knowledge of the capital markets. My supervisor was very helpful and supportive
Pros
Freedom to teach as I liked
Cons
Not enough hours
student
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 7, 2018
I was a student at this campus for 2 years, as were my kids. Had a great experience and loved the environment and the staff that work there. Made lots of friends

Want to know more about Columbia College?

Ask a question
Was a nice place for a first job
Snack Bar and Deli Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAAugust 11, 2018
Was a nice place to have my first job. The atmosphere was always friendly, and the coworkers were a treat. However, if you are looking for any sort of long term career, forget about it. The pay is low, and there isn't much room for career advancement through this job.
Pros
Free Soda, Nice People
Cons
Minimum wage, bad hours.
Promoted the benefits of a small, private college
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 7, 2018
While working at Columbia College, I traveled five states to promote the private college and the degrees offered to students.A wonderful small, private college across town from the Univ of MO. , offering a hands on approach to prospective students and their families.
Cons
While I loved promoting collegee college and the degrees offered
great program offered
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 7, 2018
Program was great for students. Office was provided on my target campus. Financially the College was not doing well and they eliminated all site coordinator positions
Adjunct Faculty
Professor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2018
Columbia College is a great place to work as an adjunct. The appropriate supports were in place. This was a great opportunity to gain college level teaching experience.
Used to be a great place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 1, 2018
At one time, Columbia College was a great place to work. Those days are long gone. When a new president came in, he completely dismantled the "Adult Higher Education" department by firing and running out many of the excellent people who had worked there for decades and replaced them with yes-men who would not voice any opposition to the new direction he intended on taking the college in.

CC is a not-for-profit private institution that once focused on low-cost classes and catered to working adults, as well as its traditional day campus program. After the regime change, CC began to look more and more like a for-profit college. The culture changed almost overnight, with long-time employees afraid of losing their jobs and fleeing en mass.
Adjunct
Psychology Department - Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2018
Providing adjunct teaching in a variety of psychology courses for undergraduate students. Courses taught: Psychopathology, Psychological testing, Introduction, etc.
Pros
Good teaching environment
Teaching online
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
Columbia College is an amazing place to work in online program. I have a great deal of freedom all while management is always available for anything I need.
Pros
Work from home
full time student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 8, 2018
I was a full time student did not receive any pay or benefits. The website makes me fill this out thinking it was a job when it wasn't not. I wish it had a option or knew school is not a job.
Caring institution with aim to teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 19, 2018
The atmosphere and collaborative community to grow and and benefit from education is strong and pervasive. For students looking to augment their education, I highly recommend. As an instructor, I share the same passion that the staff does to help educate and empower lives.
my review summary
Actor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
I am a freelance mascot. so a typical day at work is making people laugh or happy. I just wish I can do that every day and not just on certain events.
Pros
being welcomed, taking brakes, making sure i'm ok
Cons
more work hours and not just a few