Columbia College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Teaching online
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
Columbia College is an amazing place to work in online program. I have a great deal of freedom all while management is always available for anything I need.
Pros
Work from home
full time student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 8, 2018
I was a full time student did not receive any pay or benefits. The website makes me fill this out thinking it was a job when it wasn't not. I wish it had a option or knew school is not a job.
my review summary
Actor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
I am a freelance mascot. so a typical day at work is making people laugh or happy. I just wish I can do that every day and not just on certain events.
Pros
being welcomed, taking brakes, making sure i'm ok
Cons
more work hours and not just a few
Great place to work until budget and downsizing of departments led me to lost my job
Assistant to the Chair/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Loved every minute of my teaching and staff life there for over 27 years until l lost my position. Great culture and I enjoyed my day to day responsibilities.
Okay
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
Not bad not the greatest okay place to work. The school is good and affordable. I like the lack of pressure. However i do feel they should pay better.
Great work place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 14, 2018
The people are amazing and supportive and they also want you to have a great education. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is upbeat. Working there gave me confidence.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
New President taking the place in wrong direction
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 8, 2018
New leadership sinking the place
Focus went from education to profits
Very fake atmosphere and too much pressure to buy into the b.s.
No real opportunity to move up
Pros
Tuition discount for family and decent benefits
Cons
Culture is poor
Great atmosphere
Baseball Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2018
This was a great company/school to work for. I was able to get my masters degree and be an assistant baseball coach for two years. They treated everyone nicely and I enjoyed my time at Columbia College.
Excellent liberal arts school
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 12, 2018
I absolutely loved working here as a young professional. Excellent programs, campus life, and resources. Educational opportunities also available to employees.
Columbia College
Columbia College Education Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 9, 2018
This is a GREAT place to work and go to school. As a non-profit it does not compete with other places of employment but they do make it up on other benefits they offer.
Difficult boss to work for. (Now she works elswhere however!)
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 29, 2018
This was an adventurous job. I met one of my best friends here. It was difficult in a way though, bc my boss had held my position before me and if I did things differently, it was not acceptable.
Highly rated school of higher learning
Adjunct Instructor - Business (Current Employee) –  Columbia, Mo and St. Louis, Mo.March 17, 2018
Columbia College is well respected in the field of higher education. Management treats all employees with respect and provides the courses students need to be well educated in their chosen careers.

It works very close with military students to provide them with the support and educational resources they need.

I consider Columbia College to have a high degree of integrity and honor for its work, support of the various communities where the main and regional campuses are located and its work with students on the entrepreneurship program founded by the Steven and Barbara Fishman Center for Entrepreneurship.
Pros
Excellent support staff
Cons
No guarantee of classes each session
Great learning Experience for Adult education
Student (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMarch 9, 2018
Columbia college was a great learning institution for serious students. I feel that I am more prepared to transition from my job in the Navy, to the civilian world with the skills I learned.
A fun place to expand your life views
Senior Student Employee, AHSC Student Commons Desk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 19, 2018
I have learned that I think I would like working for Columbia College on a more permanent basics because everybody always seem to be having fun at their job. I like talking to other students and finding out what they think about Columbia College. I also like meeting the international students because they are always learning new things and sometimes you can learn with them.
esl instructor
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 31, 2018
kids were eager to learn. however, teaching methodologies were a bit restrictive. classes were split up, for example, reading, ,grammar, and speaking skills were separated.
Pros
students eager to learn
Cons
teaching methodologies a bit restrictive
Focus on education has changed, culture evolving.
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 20, 2018
Culture has evolved from non-profit educational institution to aggressive educational model. Middle managers aggressively work to maintain status quo and are less focused on employees and their well being.
Very successful
Human Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CADecember 10, 2017
Columbia was a very relaxed and collaborative environment. I would still be working for them if I still resided in California. It was a very successful and rewarding experience for me.
summary
Installation Supervisor and First-Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2017
IT WAS MY SCHOOL NOT WORK, but I saw the people who worked there and they were very happy. I learned a lot from the people who worked there. They cared.
Great place to receive your education
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 13, 2017
Columbia College offered many classes online which made it convenient to go to school and work and have a home life. Many of the professors were very kind and helpful.
good private liberal arts college
Adjunct Professor of History (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2017
a great place to work for adjuncts. Like many small colleges, they rely heavily on adjunct faculty, but since they have been doing it for a while they are ahead of the curve in their treatment of adjuncts.