Columbia Forest Products Employee Reviews

Over all an excellent place to work.
Production Team Member-Utility (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, NCJuly 19, 2019
I would recommend this place to anybody. It has a good environment and great pay, and great benefits. While I was working there I even had great co workers. My experience here was nothing but positive for me.
Great place to work.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 18, 2019
Great place to start a career. There was alot of opportunity to work overtime when you wanted to and when you didn't want to. Very family oriented company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Don't Bother
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 6, 2019
The money is appealing, but you will quickly realize its not worth it. That's the main reason they're always on indeed. they treat their associates like garbage and criticize them when they cant complete an impossible task. They request speed in replacement of quality, then when quality is low they whine about quality. There is zero consistency. Management will lie to you in your interview, and just in general. Management doesn't care about you and often talk down to you like you're inferior. Your problems don't matter. You could be shot in the hospital and it would count against you. They play favoritism with specific employees, their word will always be prioritized over yours, even if you are right...

I mean I could go on for hours writing this. I only got on here because I seen they still cant keep associates and figured I would give you all a heads up before applying, that way you don't waste your time either. I cant stress how terrible of a place this is to work. don't let them sell you this job like its the best around. They're really good at that. Trust me it is far from it.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
too many hours, dumbest management ever encountered, no consistancy, immature associates, management lies often, no appreciation, HEAVY favoritisim, zero care for associates, unsafe work place, improper training methods
Ok
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mellen, WIApril 13, 2019
Decent place to work. Just looking for a change and life. Looking for a little more pay. I have lots of family in the Marshfield area and would love to relocate back.
Shift was great for home life
UV Line Tech (Former Employee) –  Trumann, ARApril 8, 2019
A decent place to work. The shift was great for juggling home and work life. The pay was decent and benefits were great. Environment was decent. Overall, a good place to work.
Production workplace
TEAM LEAD/UTILITY WORKER (Current Employee) –  Chatham, VAApril 4, 2019
This plant is More worried about production than anything else and some weeks could work an extra 28 hours on forced overtime alone .the pay is great for the area but you never have time for anything else
Pros
Pay and higher management actually takes the time to listen to employees
Cons
Middle management, And Mandatory overtime hours
Technology is increasing each day for safety
Dryer tender/maintenance/welding (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, NCFebruary 25, 2019
One of the best job I ever held, wish I hadn't left the company. If you're willing to work, not miss time, they provide training, and many opportunities for individuals
Pros
Benefits, growth within
Cons
Hot, cold and dirty
Not what they used to be. Pay is good, but management has gone down-hill.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 16, 2019
I was fired after 30yrs! I filed a formal harassment case against my immediate boss, and as I expected, they found him free of wrongdoing, and I was fired with the year. To this day, I can't give you a definite reason why I was fired, but Oregon is an At-will state, so he didn't need one. When I started in 1986, It was the dream job. Good pay, Good management, and a company that was interested in their people. Over the years, that slowly changed, and now it seems as though they only care about the numbers, no matter what it takes to get them. Safety is lacking, high stress levels are everywhere in both plants, and a generally low level of employee satisfaction is mill-wide. When a new management trainee is hired, I remember the first question that the employees usually asked among themselves was, "who are they related to?" My boss happened to be related to the plant manager by marriage. Years back, the company did a satisfaction survey and it was clear things were changing. I wonder what that survey would look like now, especially with the recent fatality. I was working in my dream position, and had every intention of retiring from that job. I gave them so many years of my life, and when I was fired 10 days short of my 30 yr. anniversary, they didn't even give me my 30 yr. bonus!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
stressed and unqualified management, unsure job security, generally high stress job
pretty decent place to work
panel patcher (Former Employee) –  Chatham, VAOctober 25, 2018
This com[any is very fair. They will find work for you if you really want to work. They have a pretty decent pay scale too. I would recommend working here.
Pros
keeps the workers in the loop
Cons
lack of promotion
January 24, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. We love when former employees recommend us as a great place to work. We wish you well in your future career! Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Productive and fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mellen, WISeptember 29, 2018
Team Leads are very helpful and always there to lend a hand if needed. I learned a lot about my job while working here. They pay good and treat you even better!
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We love hearing when an employee has a great experience with us! Thanks for sharing!

Good but my great
Veneer manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Mellen, WISeptember 18, 2018
Very strenuous work, good hours but very strict managment you, very lenient sick days and the managment understands situations well. Really good company with really good pay. 9/10
Pros
Good hours
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are glad to hear that the pay and hours were satisfactory for you and that the management at your location was understanding. We wish you the best of luck on your career path. Thanks again!

Good pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Old Fort, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Great pay but very hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Short breaks. Nice mangers. Heavy materials.
You stay busy. Lots of wood chips. Can be messy. Have to wear long hair up.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, hard job
October 3, 2018

Hi! Thank you for your review. We know that the work environment can be challenging at times, but we are happy to hear that your pay and benefits are agreeable. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your HR department with any concerns you may have about the environment at your branch. Thank you again.

Employees are hard workers, but management sucks.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Columbia Forest Products preaches safety and being part of a family, but management shows the complete opposite. They require employees to work overtime with as little as 5 minutes notice and start the disciplinary action when unable to, due to family or prior engagements. Upper management show little to no support to front line supervision and is slow in the hiring process leaving the front line supervision short handed daily. There is very little moral among the floor employees and very little support.
Benefits
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback here. We ask that you please reach out to the HR department in Greensboro when you have the time to further share information with us. We would really appreciate the input. Thank you again.

Really good job experience
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYAugust 30, 2018
This job was very close to home for me and the work condition was always a consistant and good paced also had plenty hours and made overtime often but no 401 k plans and the benefits were not that great.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
No 401k plans at the time
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you had a good experience with us and that your hours were satisfactory. It is always helpful for us to hear from our former employees. We wish you luck on your career path!

Dependable job
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 15, 2018
Good place to work, but shifts vary and it is never set what shift you will get. Otherwise a great place to work with room for advancement and good benefits.
October 3, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are glad to hear that the benefits, environment, and advancement opportunities were satisfactory for you. Good luck in your future work endeavors!

Poor Management
Utility/Pair-up (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 15, 2018
This is a no tobacco facility, but there are still employees that chew and walk around spitting all over the floor. Management has favorites within the company and doesn't take your concern seriously. The safety of this facility is also not adequate. When you voice your concern about an injury often times you are ignored and just told to, "push through it."
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback here. We appreciate any insight into the experience of our employees and the comfort and safety of our work environments. If you feel comfortable sharing further information with us, please reach out to the HR department at the Klamath Falls branch. They would really love to hear from you. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us.

CFP is a good company
Active member (Former Employee) –  Craigsville, WVJuly 19, 2018
Columbia Forest Products was a good company to work for, but it had little room for advancement. The Forestry department I worked for was very family focused
October 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy you had a good experience with us overall.

Not Vary willing to help out there employes
Plywood maker (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 18, 2018
they always wanted me to work more then 40 hours a week wanted me to work split shift and it was way to stressful and hard on your body they always wanted to not use the bathroom more then once a day other then on breaks
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. Your feedback really helps us to understand how we can do better for our employees. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to the HR folks at the Klamath Falls branch to further share your input and your experience. Thank you, we appreciate it.

Wonderful inviting atmosphere
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, VAJune 27, 2018
Colombia Forest Products was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Everyone got a long and the management made you feel at ease. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with mechanical issues in the plant that was out of everyone's control. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers
October 3, 2018

What a great review! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and sharing your experience with us!

Can build a future with company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Craigsville, WVJune 26, 2018
One of the better places in our area to work. Competative wages and benefits. Paid vacation and holidays a plus. Other than the coal mines this is one of the best jobs.
Pros
Paid vacation breaks and lunch
Cons
Short lunch and breaks
October 3, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful praise! We strive to make CFP a great place to work for everyone, so we are glad that you agree! Thanks for the review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.