Columbia Healthcare Employee Reviews

The management was poor
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 24, 2018
The most unorganized place I have ever worked. They was never on time, they keep throwing me on the floor with no training , took 13 smoke breaks a day
Busy but managable to handle.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2018
The variety of the job kept it flowing. Not hard to get bored, not as busy as a hospital. When I took my child to the hospital my job was affiliated with I received excellent care and courtesy.
Pros
Hour long lunch near eating places.
Cons
The end of the month was extremely busy and non stop.
Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29201June 18, 2018
CHC did a splended job keeping you with work, I enjoyed my assisgnments. They are no longer open now. Will be missed.I learned a lot of new skills. Hardest part was none. Most enjoyable, working at differenct types of practices.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Temp assignments
Progressive Large Corporation
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2018
A company that care a lot about the employees and wanted to see both physician and employee growth. Had the ability to transfer to many different work locations.
Fun place to work
Laundry Aide/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 15, 2018
Love interacting with the elder and seeing them smile when I bring in the clean laundry for them. It was hot and the air was dry inside the laundry room. But it was my job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hot
Exciting place to work
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2017
Loved the police I worked with....very laid back before place.... residents were friendly...place stayed cleaned and sanitized... management was great....
Good work experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2017
This company was wonderful to work for. The management was supportive of staff and compensation was good. Work environment was excellent and there was adequate opportunities for advancement
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 8, 2017
The worst thing about Columbia Healthcare is the management there they fire all of the good AIDS and keep the ones who provide minimum care to residents no one in your Corner when you need help most of the nurses are lazy not all but most wouldn't refer anyone to this company
Pros
they cater grandys
Cons
short breaks
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 28, 2017
The management there is absolutely horrible. And the only time its ever ran good is when states there. The play favouritism there very well. Anybody off the streets can get a job there.
Not the best place in Columbia
Charge LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 22, 2017
The building is falling apart and won't be fixed. The employees are lazy and late all the time and nothing happens to them. Management seems to fire all the good staff for stupid things and let outrageous things continue. Management doesn't care! Because of that a lot of good staff has left to go somewhere else. The residents are nice.
Pros
the patients are great
Cons
Staff works through breaks a lot, staff is mandated to stay for another shift if next person doesn't show up for their shift
Terrible
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 21, 2016
Terrible to work with. Lack of attention to detail and things that really matter
Poor communication skills
Lack of follow through.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
To many to list
High turn over rate, very disorganized
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 18, 2016
I would never work for this company again, I found maggots in a residents wheelchair. The staff is always working short, the management are forced to work 60+ hours a week with no compensation.
Pros
Cons
everything
My experience as a charge nurse
Charge Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2015
Columbia Healthcare offered me the ability to gain experience and develop my skills as a nurse. It offered me a place to learn about time management and organization skills. Taking care of twenty clients in one day, helped me learn about prioritizing and delegating tasks. My colleagues looked out for me and helped support me when I needed help. They knew I was a new nurse and would seek me out if they had a unique situation that I could learn from. They were willing to teach and instruct me.
Series of jobs
Outpatient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasMay 20, 2015
The beginning of employment was as a secretary in cardiac rehab unit. This transitioned to Office Manager with the same staff and cardiologists until the facility became a free standing "Rehab Center".
The last position upon leaving Columbia was as a coordinator for several sites. This was definitely a rewarding and learning experience. The hardest part of this job was leaving, had to relocate.
The greatest was the knowledge and experience that was immeasurable.
Fun, and friendly place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 30, 2014
I have been at Columbia for almost two years and I absolutely love it there. I love the people and the residents that I take care of. We are like a big happy family and that makes it worth going in to work everyday.
Enjoyed supporting the COO of 20 hospitals
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 9, 2014
Learned and grew with the operations involved in managed care.
Pros
Lots of responsibility
Cons
A lot of overtime
Nice place to work
Skilled Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 23, 2013
Resident care. Learned a lot about rehab. Management were ok. Loved my coworkers. Hardest part was coping with unruly residents. Enjoyable part was touching people's lives.
columbia health care
unemployed thanks to them (Former Employee) –  like they got me a job!May 30, 2013
Worst company ever! They will never find you a good job. They will stick you anywhere to make their buck. They won't support you. They don't even try hard to find you a job. You do all the work and they claim they got you a job. They misrepresent the company, they lie and then blame you when you have to leave the job. No integrity. None. They are fly by night shysters!
Pros
Cons
everything
Awesome residents and nurses
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2012
Would get my assignment sheet and start my day. I learned how to take care of certain patients. The management was very nice but pushy about working over every night. Working alone in a hall that needs 2 assists. Became close and cared about the residents.
Pros
was able to get the hours, had bonus to stay over, nurses would help
Cons
short staff on cna's, and hardly no teamwork