Columbia Hospitality Employee Reviews

Awesome workplace climate
Golf Marshal (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 11, 2018
Currently as a Golf Marshal, I have been a part of a very well organized and productive group. The Marshals are all professional, customer service oriented and great people. The management are supportive and inclusive. For me I have made great friends both customers and fellow employees. I thoroughly enjoy customer service in all aspects.
Pros
Free golf, discounted meals and attire.
Worst experience ever
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMJanuary 10, 2018
I've never worked for a more dysfunctional or poorly managed operation. I was thrown into a ridiculous situation with none of the standard policies or procedures in place. I had to invent the entire side-work duties for all staff including the dishwasher. I had to invent a training program as well as an inventory control system.
progressive hospitality company with strong emphasis on work life balance
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Kenwood, CAMay 15, 2017
The workplace culture of Columbia Hospitality is a true benefit of employment. They have found the perfect balance of "get the job done" and "employees and family first". They manage multiple properties, all unique in thier operations but still keeping the values they hold so high. If it weren't for a relocation outside of where they operate I would still be with them.
Pros
great benefits, great culture
Cons
mostly operate in the pacific northwest
The best
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Friday Harbor, WAApril 14, 2017
Everyone cares about what you need, and they are so nice and work family oriented. They make everything blend and work nicely. Every boss I have met has been amazingly nice. The benefits are AMAZING! amazing dental and amazing vision! Working at the front desk you have to remember a lot of people, a lot of things to do around town, remembering the town itself! You also get to have little employee parties where we build relationships with our coworkers.
Pros
People, benefits, love's their employees
Cons
a lot to remember, face paced.
Terrible place to work
Breakfast Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2017
Terrible place to work at a constant bullying specially the chef at talaris.very bad experience with co workers fake people
Poor Management
server,banquet attendant, (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMFebruary 3, 2017
I worked so hard for this company in nearly every department. What a waste of time and energy. This company has serious issues with following labor laws. They treat good employees poorly and seem to favor the "bad seeds". Upper management is very rude and disrespectful to staff. I was harassed on so many levels that I know are illegal. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company, at least not at their property in Taos NM.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, Long shifts, Condition of the property
Good
Banquet and weddings (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 1, 2017
Gold mountain is a really good job it was just distance for me And I am highly allergic to fish and they serve fish.... The communication with employees were all right could've been better but it was due to new employment with the manager .
Pros
Hours, tips, free membership
Cons
Hardly any breaks cause of the hours of working events
Unhappy environment, unhappy employees
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMNovember 11, 2016
Terrible management that is never present on property. Very minimal employee support. Never had a 90-day review, no incentives, nothing that they promise employees. Constant turmoil among employees, constant bullying...an unhappy environment.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Fun company
Rooms Division Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAOctober 26, 2016
Allowed me to start my career by working with people who understood hospitality and were willing to share experiences with me to improve my skills. Lots of opportunities if willing to relocate.
Not a good experience
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMOctober 24, 2016
Like the other person said. They do not follow their own "core values" In my short experience working for this company. I found them to be very unfair in the way they handled employees and managers. Different rules depending on who you are. Very unorganized and difficult place to work for.
Pros
Possiblility of benefits after 90 days
Cons
No standard operating procedures, no job descriptions.
This was a physical job. I worked hard and got along well with other employees. Management was sub par.
Housekeeping/Lead Turndown Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98121September 30, 2016
I worked very hard at this job as it was physically challenging. I learned a lot by working with the public and got along well with other employees.I worked in housekeeping. It was a fast paced environment.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, good benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
Great Working Environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 24, 2016
I loved working as a housekeeper. Its a challenging job having to clean 16-19 rooms before your shift is over. Overall I learned to move quickly and clean vacant and stay over rooms to the customers satisfaction.
Pros
Supervisors would provide lunch occasionally
Cons
N/a
Terrible company to work for
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMSeptember 19, 2016
Their "Core Values"

Sincerity
Enthusiasm
Respect
Creativity
Honesty
Accountability

They do not follow a single one of these values. Worst company I have ever worked for in my 30 year career in Food & Beverage.

Different rules, treatment, and dispensary actions for different managers and team members. No consistency. Unclear about job duties and responsibilities. Unreliable and untrustworthy.

Based hundreds of miles away in Seattle, WA, they are unaware and uninterested in the rich history and cultural diversity of northern New Mexico.

Focused only on money and care very little about employee safety and morale.
Pros
Decent benefits.. but you will never get to use them.
Cons
Biased and uninterested in the truth or resolving critical issues.
Interesting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMAugust 20, 2016
Some times the team is good and other times not so good. Generally not a bad place to work at if you don't mind continuously changing schedules and unhappy coworkers.
Have a strong work team with fan
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 24, 2015
A typical work day is fan especially with client. There is not 'NO' for an answer or problem. Co-workers appreciate your contribution with high-fives. Management staff are down-to-earth with lower-level staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Less opportunity to grow
Luxury Hospitality Management Company
HR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2012
Columbia Hospitality is a great place to work! They offer a lot of great benefits and really try to live by their values. Anyone looking to pursue a career in hospitality with a heave focus on operations should check out CHI! They were also rated one of the best places to work in the Seattle Business Magazines Top 100 Washington Companies to work for Annual Report.
Pros
free lunch, pto policy, etc.
Cons
compensation, benefits, work life flexibility