Columbia Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Supportive
Psychiatric Clinician Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Supportive team, good supervision especially for difficult cases! Many opportunities to develop clinical skills. Team is available, good oversight, clear processes set out for jobs.
I have never been treated so badley.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 1, 2018
The town is great. The hospital looks good all seems well until you start work. The male physicians are egotistical and abusive yelling and berating you as you try to do your job. I stated male because I worked with many female MD and they were respectful and interested in your point of view and lacking in any ego driven behavior.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Hostile work enviroment.
Overall good
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 24, 2018
Collaboration between departments was usually good. Planetree philosophy really cared for the patients. Management had too many people compared to what was needed
Little Gem on the North Coast
Senior Leadership (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 16, 2018
Wonderful place! Feels more like family than a hospital. Great benefits especially for a small hospital. Leadership constantly looks for ways to improve employee engagement and patient satisfaction.
Good training ground, bad management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORMay 30, 2018
A good place to get ground level experience. Culture is muddled with a lot of talk and not much action. The hospital is basically run by a dictator, beware if you are taking a middle management job and above.
Well, management is dishonsest...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  ASSTORIA, ORMay 17, 2018
Unless you really need a job... This is a bad place to work. By my count over 20 managers have left (or been fired) during the last 8 years. I have been in mtgs when the CEO has lied about relatively inconsequential issues. Forget about #me too. They brought back a manager who was a "friend of Harvey'", to the disappointment of many. They pay low wages, as this is a impoverished rural county. MGT TOUTS "PLAINTREE" because they have no comprehension of compassion. Management listen about employee concerns. And the electronic medical record they implemented in in 2014 was sad in many ways. A learning experience that was not heeded!
Pros
Free coffee - AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS!
Cons
Troglodites in management--game of thrones material!
High Stress - Cut-throat environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORApril 7, 2018
This facility went from having a friendly, working environment/employee relationship to a cut-throat, money greedy corporation that has little regard for it's employees.
Pros
Good benefits/hours
Cons
Low pay - poor management -
NA (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORFebruary 22, 2018
I really like working here at CMH. The hospital is growing and I feel secure.
The best part about working for a small hospital is that if you have something to say you are going to be heard. There are lots of opportunities for staff to participate in committees.

The benefit package is excellent, best retirement plan I have ever seen. Onsite 24/7 gym, generous paid time off, company parties, discounts including 70% off medical bills, and so many more great things.

The work life balance for most departments is above par, managers truly understand and care about your life outside of work.

Advancement seems biased and the management team is a little cliquish.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, generous paid time off, company is growing
Cons
Would like to see more advancement opportunities
I have exceptional coworkers.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORFebruary 12, 2018
An excellent place to work, I took the job knowing that there would be day shift potential coming in a few months. Over a year later I am still on swing shift and I do not see my family enough.
Pros
Cafe discount
Cons
Very busy shift for one person and no one on-call.
most employees nice
Laundry Aid (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJanuary 13, 2018
the management is less than desirable they turned their heads when the other employee injured me and they just wrote me out of the scheduling like I was a no body
clean and safe to work there.
Nurse Aide, office work (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 9, 2017
Very good supervisor to work with. Clean environment and happy and healthy workplace. The salary is good and everybody is so friendly and cooperative. I earned a lot of experience by working there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
I had to move
Internship
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 27, 2017
My experience was as a intern for the medical assistant program, I enjoyed the hard work and learning experience there. I learned what I needed to work on and have bettered myself since then. my typical work day consisted of bringing patients into the rooms, checking vitals, charting, cleaning rooms and setting up for the next patient. in Endocrinology I did A1cs in the physician lab. I also worked in wound care which was a lot more stressful for me if given more weeks to work there I feel I would have done a much better job.
hardest part for me was taking vitals and cleaning rooms in wound care. I liked the people I worked with they were all very helpful, in teaching me .
Good hospital, great employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 12, 2017
Overall good environment for all involved. Fun and enjoyable place to work and good environment for experience gaining. Great staff in all departments.
Cardiology Clinic
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 29, 2017
Our Department is a Team that works great together. When one member is out sick or an appointment a team member steps in and fills the gap to provide quality of care for all our patients.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 14, 2017
Overall a good place to work. People are friendly but there is a disconnect in communication throughout the organization. They are fantastic to patients and they have great benefits.
Pros
The people are great
Cons
Advancement from within is tough
Not a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 14, 2017
To many bossy people to much critiasizm, to messy overwhelming housekeeping. Lot of gossip very hostile environment and very little communication. Would never recommend doing housekeeping there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication, hostile environment
What I learned
Transitional Leader, Maternity Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORMay 1, 2017
I learned what it meant to work at and manage at a critical access facility. It was very interesting to me the mount of services that were provided as outpatient services since the in-patient beds are limited to 25.
nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 1, 2016
customer service taking care of patients needs daily dressing and meal prep helping patient when they needed something electronic charting reporting patients health to nursing staff.
Terrible employer!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OregonJuly 12, 2016
I worked for this establishment for 5 years. There are more managers than they have beds in the hospital. The physicians verbally abuse the staff and get away with it. The managers have no clue what they are doing and they treat the staff terribly. It's not only the hospital employed physicians but most of the physicians around the community that are terrible. Mistreating patients and way too expensive! Do NOT work or go here!
I enjoy working as a team with the RN's on my unit.
Same Day Surgery, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORNovember 13, 2014
Admit and recover and discharge surgery patient's. Recover and discharge Endoscopy patient's. Telephone pre-op surgery patient's. I enjoyed working as part of a team and connecting with my patient's.
Not having enough rooms to admit surgery patient's. I enjoyed the nurse's working as a team.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
No relief shift if we had surgery patient's past our scheduled shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss