Columbia Pike Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

this company is growing
VETERINARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAJanuary 14, 2019
its a fast paced hospital, most of the employees are cool. , management will work with you, which is a plus. do your job and you will be ok. no room for growth, you are either a tech or a receptionist, no other growth opportunity.
It’s ok
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAOctober 24, 2018
It’s a great place to work at if you’re young but the pay is low. The work environment is fast paced which is good. The people you work with are really nice for the most part.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Awesome staff and doctors
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAOctober 15, 2018
Ive been going to cpah for many years and i love the overall experience there. The staff and doctors are very caring. I would highly recommend this clinic to others
Up and coming, great environment, and very educational on their products.
HEAD RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAOctober 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at CPAH from my daily interactions with the huge volume of patients that would be coming into our 24/7 urgent care clinic. I enjoyed taking my time out and personalizing their experience, making them feel like a VIP. Our customers are our future and if we don't take care of them someone else will. Even though I have separated from that job my recommendations for owners and job seekers still go there first. They have really came from the bottom up and I praise there moves.
It was a good job. It gave me some of the experience I needed for what i would like to become later in life
Vet Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 27, 2018
It was a stressful day there. but what hospital isn't? It forced me to learn quickly and adapt faster. it was only a summer position so I could not stay. though by the time it came for me to leave I didn't really want to stay. the management had changed and so did some of the staff. I have nothing against them I just liked the way it was run before. Yes, I understand that there is always change in a workplace. I was very pleased to see how diverse the staff was. it pleased me, even more, to learn how hard working they were. what I loved most was working with the animals. it worked out well in my favor that worked with them more often than the people.
Fantastic
Veterinarian Technician (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 6, 2018
CPA has a great work atmosphere. The staff is very close-knit and can be thought of as a second family. Overall, I love working at CPA and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a new job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Must work holidays
Productive fun place, great experience.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAFebruary 25, 2018
Daily general care included walking and feeding,
administering medications.Including standard procedures on our patients appointments.
I learned so much about pet care. Through training I learned how to assist in medical procedure. As well as to how to perform routine procedures.
The hardest part of this job was after surgery cleanup, it was lengthy detailed and methodical.
But I loved the animals.
Pros
Great employers.
Cons
All good
Horrible place to work
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAOctober 15, 2017
I have witnessed unethical treatment of animals and most employees act like teens in high school. Hours are never guaranteed and favoritism is very prominent. They pay horribly, they offered $13 an hour for a licensed technician. You have to wait a year before you get any type of benefit.
Pros
Discounted pet care
Cons
no breaks, long hours, low pay, no health care
Production, busy, and enjoyable
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 10, 2017
Good people, good place, at times stressful, satisfying work, lots of great animals and client. They train you really well. Overall it's a good place to start a career
Amazing Staff
Head Receptionist /Part Time Kennel Asst (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAMarch 6, 2017
High Volume
Recently became an ER
untrained staff
caters to lower income families
Family owned
Caring staff
overworked veterinarians
offers boarding and grooming
Pros
lovely coworkers
Cons
poor management
Columbia Pike Animal Hospital was a great work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAFebruary 7, 2014
Columbia Pike Animal Hospital was great experience for me, my day was very interesting being an employee with this company. I loved all of my co-workers, and my management was the best. My job requirements were, answering telephones, Xeroxing, Filing, Scanning Documents, making appointments for our Columbia Pike customers, and also our future customers as well, and also working side by with our Doctors on duty.The most enjoyable part of my job were being able to come to work everyday and see the beauty of all those precious, and loving animals. I've learned to really love and an appreciate them even more. I also leaned a lot about my job duties, being able to performed them better, and I learned the greatness of being apart of a wonderful team at Columbia Pike Animal Hospital, and everything I learned will follow me were ever I go.
Pros
Being able to learned, and get that wonderful experience to grow as an employee.
Cons
My health benefits were not able to cover my cost of some Doctors visits.
fun, youthful staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VADecember 7, 2012
fast paced , learnhow to go high tech chaged a paper filing system to a paperless one by taking all the paper file down loading them to a compute system.
Pros
doctors often treated staff to lunch
Cons
distance