Columbia Sportswear Company

Columbia Sportswear Company Employee Reviews

Good Company
Great benefits to working at Columbia along with a great product! Sells itself and relaxed atmosphere...management training was none existent for me and had to work off past experiences
A perfect first part-time job
Working at Columbia has shown me a lot the work was great, but it was that some of the management would stir up unnecessary drama and would cause a lot of stress on the whole team. I would recommend working here, and if you’re given the opportunity to move up in the company, I suggest you take it.
Fast paced
Extremely busy store,must be able to shift tasks/ multitask quickly. Management/staff communication poor..because there are many employees not all info gets to everyone leads to confusion.
Excellent Work Envronment for Salaried Associates
I appreciated working in a new contact center during a growth period and through organizational change. However, once the objectives shifted to production it became a daily grind. Much as the company emphasized work-life balance, the customer contact environment was no more than KPIs and metrics.
Pros
Great amenities, comparable to other outdoor apprel companies
Cons
Can be too rigid for hourly jobs
Lots of walking!
It's a great company to work for. The managers are nice and respectful. The people that work there are nice and respectful too! Best place I've ever worked at.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good company to work for
Good company to work for
great benefits, salary, paid time off, retirement / 401k, medical, dental, vision, work environment, clothing discounts for multiple brands.
fun place
Working at Columbia is great because they are flexible on my hours and they are very friendly to employees and customers. Managment understands and tries its best for all employees to be successful and succeed in the company.
Fun, but serious workplace
It's a good company for beginners in the work industry. The current managers are very friendly and they have made some changes in corporate, so the company feels safer to climb the ladder, if you wanted.

The genuinely care about how people are treated and now show it. I love the flexible hours and the ability to do more than one career, if you choose.
Pros
Helpful managers
Cons
Not much room for creativity, constant manager changes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Columbia Sportswear Company?
great workplace
overall a great work eviorment and people will help you to succeed and its good pay very diverse and full of different people its a nice place to work
It is a good workplace for beginners and for anyone who want to earn some extra with basic hour pay and can have up tp 40-hrs per week for part timer
It is in the mall so it's very open and at the same time, hard to find a place to rest or sit down. This is the only reason why they got 4 star to me. Beside than that, the manager and all the colleagues are very nice and easy to work with.The negative side of the job is sometimes they force you to get a specific goal in that hour.
Pros
coupon, discount
Cons
short break, only standing
Warehouse work
Typical warehouse stocking and picking. Not much to it, same thing every day. The work was pretty independent, I don't think i really even knew the names of the other people i worked with. We just showed up, did our jobs and went home. Very inclusive though, I feel like they hired people from all walks of life. So if you're in a pinch and looking for work, this is a good place for steady employment.
Really good company
I worked at this company for a couple of months. It was a very good experience, very friendly, great management, the company really cares about your family life and will bend to make sure they are right.
manager wise
Great team work and family/friend relationship. Fast training and organized. Big company with big goals and deadlines. Very good products material....
This job was disappointing
If you are looking for a fast pace, fun environment, this is not a great choice. It lacks leadership and this is not a company that truly cares about its workers. They do not consider that you have a life outside of work and they will not help you if you have a conflict. Lots of gossip and backstabbing... exhausting and unprofessional.
great environment great people
would recommend working at columbia if you enjoy a fun place to work
casual and relaxed environment

managers get along very well and help employess

no pressure
Horrible
The management is horrible.They sit in the back while everyone else struggles up front.They get angry when you don’t know the policies of the store even if you don’t know what they are.They will put you in places you don’t know.This was a horrible store
amazing staff and company
Job is layed back with lots of friendly staff, the company takes care of their employees really well. flexible work schedule. great atmosphere. amazing discounts.
productive and a fun work environment
I had a lot of fun at the Columbia branch and got the opportunity to learn lots of cool facts about the products. I was also able to get to understand how the whole processing system works. From when they get the product to when they sensor it and put it out onto the floor for customers to buy.
Great place to work. Lots of benefits and perks. Recently able to work from home. Along with a huge responsibility, it was a fun time at work, Donuts 1st of each month!
Pros
Perks, employee discounts, work from home.
Cons
No concern/plan for long term employees
Fun fast paced workplace, No commission for sales.
I liked being able to connect and help customers on a personal level. The only thing that caused me to leave was that my sales output wasn't matched with bonuses or commission and I couldn't afford to live on just their base salary
Productive and fast paced
Learned gladiator technology to due with placing orders in boxes for other companies. Constant fast paced work area at all times, not for someone that is slow or low energized. Hardest part would be maintaining the same job for more than 2 months as there are multiple lay offs within the 3 month contract period. The people are very kind and supervisors are very straight forward people, very easy to work with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Sportswear Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Columbia Sportswear Company.