Columbia University Employee Review

View all Columbia University reviews

Nice place to work.
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Very busy environment. I learned how to be careful in mixing chemicals for cleaning. Management, was on board with new ideas. Hardest part of the job was getting some employees to work as a team.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
need more meetings to develope team work efforts.

Other Columbia University Employee Reviews

Relaxed work places
Nextsource temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time there hopefully in the near future I will be able to go back and work permanently. Being it was a temp job different places I worked
Pros
free lunch and breaks
Cons
temp job
Great workplace
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
During a typical day at work I will come into the office to make sure that everything is ready for our first patients and I will assess my staff and evaluate their progress on their assigned work and discuss priorities. I've learned that it is important to have a can do attitude in order to get through the day and know that everyone your work with whether good or bad, is indirectly mentoring you at all times. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when to stop working, since it is always busy. I tend to work longer hours for that reason. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am part of a team that manages to make it work throughout the day, no matter what type of day it is.
Pros
Great benefits, meeting new people
Cons
low salary, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight