Columbine Health Systems Employee Reviews

Sweet residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 22, 2018
The residents are AMAZING, but the work environment is very stressful and there is lots of drama which is not good to have in a work place, not many benefits are included and the salary is low, you do not get the hours you should.
Cons
Low salary, stressful work environment
Nice, helpful employees!!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 1, 2018
Hardworking caring individuals who always puts patients happiness first!!! Not many unhappy people in this facility, people here are easy to talk to!!
Pros
free lunches for dietary staff, health benefits are great
Cons
Can't think of any!!
Loved this Place
Activities Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
Great environment, fast paced and always something new everyday! I learned that working with the older adult population can be very stressful but is also very rewarding in the end.
Management is poor
New Mercer (Former Employee) –  FTCApril 4, 2018
If you work there and have a problem with any type of workplace hostility, or violence...forget going to your immediate nurse mgr, or supervisor. Not at all supportive. Mgt. will also get angry with you, and hold your job over your head for talking to someone above them too. So it goes without saying that the culture is not what they make it appear to be. Beware of the nurse managers.
Cons
no breaks, or lunches, if you leave the floor someone will tell you to come back, It adds up over time, "giving" you paycheck away like that.
Weekend Admissions
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 5, 2018
slow on the weekends majority of time with nothing to do during the down time but when it was quick, there was almost too much for one person to handle. very stressful and nit picky about things. management was bad and degraded me rather than helping me fix my mistakes.
Cons
no breaks
Cna
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 27, 2018
Management was great when I was there. Patient care was the primary concern, keeping staff happy was also very important. I am applying there again as a matter of fact.
Not treated fairly for type of work and type of hours
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 25, 2018
I loved working here because of the residents, not because of my management team and other staff members. I liked maybe 2 other employees because they genuinely seemed to care about you and your success there.
I had worked the midnight to 8am shift and it was fine, but your called a "receptionist" but it's more like a glorified housekeeper. You have to do laundry all night and press the laundry after it's dried. Which is fine, I didn't mind it but the job title is just a bit off. Wasn't expecting to do that.
Everything has to been done a certain way and if it's not you're basically screwed. You'll get written up, shown how to do things a dozen times and in the end still get terminated.
You're not allowed to take any days off, if you do you'll get written up, and/or terminated. Even with a doctors note that you were ill.

All in all. I loved my residents. Didn't get paid enough for all the stuff you have to do as a "receptionist" (glorified house keeper) and you'll be terminated if you take time off. It's good for a mom who would like a job on the side or maybe a college kid who doesn't want a social life.
Pros
2 dollar shift meals. Your residents.
Cons
Low pay for hard work, raises never happened, not allowed to take any time off. Everything.
good place to work
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 12, 2018
i enjoyed my time at columbine but i left because there was little room for advancement. additionally, my position had me on call every day so i never really had a night off
High paced, physically demanding and emotionally rewarding.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 22, 2018
Being a CNA is very physically demanding, and I would not recommend it to any one who is adverse to cleaning fecal matter, urine or throw up. It is a very fast paced job, and at times you can be responsible for fourteen residents at a time. What this means is you will not sit down any until the end of the shift when you start paperwork, and you will most certainly have people waiting for you to help them. If you can handle all of this then it is a emotionally rewarding job because of the relationships you build with the residents. I met some really wonderful people who cared about me as much as I cared about them. The reward comes when you get to emotionally support these people in hard times. Management can really understaff a shift, which makes residents and resident's family very upset with you, not the manager.
Pros
Good pay with lots of opportunity to build relationships.
Cons
Risk for physically injury, understaffed, under appreciated, hard physical work.
Small Business Vibe
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 14, 2018
Columbine is a great employer if you are okay with a stagnant career, lots of stress and responsibility, and low pay. They do maintain a small company vibe, which is nice because you do feel that your achievements are recognized. Unfortunately the compensation is quite low for the amount of responsibility that some are requested to take on. I have also experienced managers who are disorganized, unreliable, and outdated. For a company with the obvious financial resources, they seem to struggle with joining their competitors by embracing current technologies and ideals. The owner and CFO, while very kind and fun to work with, seem out of touch with their employees. They are often heard in the hallway discussing their lavish trips and vacations, while employees managing millions of dollars each month don’t even make $50k per year.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and small company vibe
Cons
Outdated management and low pay/benefits
Great place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 17, 2017
Its a very good job, and I would recommend it to LPN's. I learned time management and grew strong relationships with staff and residents. The work place has a very good culture and they are willing to help new nurses learn. Management is very nice and does their best to listen to staff.
Productive workplace, fast paced.
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 4, 2017
Very fast paced environment, residents can make things stressful but overall they were sweet and caring and Columbine Health Systems provides experiences that you will take with you forever.
Poor management
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Loveland, Ft Collins, WindsorNovember 8, 2017
The focus is more of the profit of the company than the working conditions. Being short staffed is the new norm. Higher staff turnover than when I started. Seems like employee feedback is not welcome either.
Great place to work and gain experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 28, 2017
Lemay Ave. Health and Rehab is a great place to work because the staff is helpful and friendly. It's also a great place to learn and practice as a CNA.
Amazing residents and coworkers, terrible Management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 19, 2017
Used to be a ab alright place to work, got new management and everything went downhill. New manager does not value employees or their opinions, does not take responsibility for mistakes. Extremely underpaid for the amount of work required.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, residents are amazing
Cons
Terrible managment, underpaid
Great environment, lively and fast paced
Activity Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 7, 2017
I loved working with the staff, I love the residents and how caring and loyal the staff are to provide their every need. I really enjoyed the culture, and to what great extent these individuals would go to in order to provide the best quality of care.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
no pay
This place is like family
Certified Nursing Assistant in Skilled Nursing (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 27, 2017
Being a local company, this company is like family. I was treated very well when I was there, and enjoyed my first medical job experience there. Would recommend to others as a first medical experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Underpaid for CNAs
Great place
PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 10, 2017
Great place to work--they have always been accommodating with my life and school schedule. The management is very clear about what is needed and required of you.
Great company to work for
Dietary Cook / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525June 23, 2017
great benefits, good hours, friendly staff.
prep and serve meals to residents that are assisted or independent.
responsible for keeping work areas clean, organized, sanitized, ect.
knowledge of health code requirements for food and beverage storage and maintain documentation
attend and participate in continuing educational programs
Very nice place to work. Absolutely amazing staff. Very rewarding job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 14, 2017
I love working for columbine it is an amazing company. Very good benefits and pay. The staff there is amazing.i would recommend anyone to work there they have me an amazing opportunity to establish myself.
Pros
Wonderful staff and co workers
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbine Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Columbine Health Systems Reviews by Location