Columbus City Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and prideful
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2018
A typical day in the Columbus city school district was full of energy because the children that we served came from all different backgrounds and cultures
Inner city schools with high numbers of minority/ESL students
Elementary Educator K-8 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2018
Pays well, and fellow teachers and school employees were friendly and helpful when you asked (mostly). Discipline throughout schools could be difficult.
Pros
you can really make a difference in kids lives.
Cons
sometimes stressful trying to maintain order in class
Good Place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Columbus City Schools although I believe that the pay was never enough and did not provide me with enough compensation or enough benefits
A good place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2018
I was a paraprofessional working with excellent teachers in grades 1 and 2. I was in the lunch room and on the playground every day. This was the first year of busing for desegregation in Columbus Schools.
business place
Teacher/Reading Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I liked my job and it was a good fit for a period of time. I was keep busy with assignments and daily tasks that where part of the job and instructional program.
Satellite worker
Columbus (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Get in start your day, stay to yourself so you can keep you job. Maintain the books and keep the inventory, prepare food and make sure that the temperature are good
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Short hours
Productive Environment
Paraprofessional Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Great workplace!
positive environment!
supportive staff!
growth!
learned a lot
A highly collaborative work environment
Student Safety Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2018
The Columbus City School district, the largest school district in the state of Ohio is a great place to work. There are over five thousand employees and fifty thousands students. The opportunities to transfer departments is vast. You can be successful if you are hungry.
All for the children
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  4405 Scenic Drive Col, Oh 443214January 9, 2018
I enjoy serving the teenage children. I don't know if the children are getting any good nourishment at home so it dose my mind good to know i'm able to serve the children a healthy lunch in the afternoon;)
Great times at school
HR Personnel Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I met a lot of nice people and learned a lot, overall this was a great opportunity.

I would have preferred a position interacting with kids. The management needed better people skills.
Very busy environment
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Oakmont ElementaryJanuary 8, 2018
Support to 450 students and their parents, 40 staff members with no assistance. The hardest part of the job was lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and assisting the children and their parents.
Highly political and competitive atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  270 East State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215December 21, 2017
I never had a minute to use the restroom, I had to come early and stay late to complete tasks on time. Job security is absent. I wanted to make a difference in the lives of the children and their families, however, being too friendly is frowned upon.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
NO paid vacations for Secretaries in school buildings
Excellent Learning Opportunity
DP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215December 15, 2017
So many learning opportunities with various software. The data center was the core for the entire district. Training and releasing new products all happened at the data center.
Pros
Stability employment and retirement program
Cons
Top heavy with administrative staff.
Good place to work part time
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2017
Interaction with students was positive. There were some behavioral challenges that I was able to redirect.Management is good. Staff at schools were engaging and helpful.
Things and rules change yearly
Class B Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2017
It is a great company to work for as far as benifite and pay. Sometimes it can be a little stressful, but the supervisors and higher ups do their best to accommodate their employees
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short hours
Great Compensation and Benefits
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2017
This job has great benefits and compensates very well, but can be very stressful, especially if your not use to working with children. The inner city children need your attention since you are usually the first face you see.
n/a
Certified School Bus Driver/Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2017
Transporting students to and from school and extra-curricular activities, learned about highway safety laws. Management was cooperative in cases of employee safety concerns, job training. The hardest part of the job was staying focus on traffic and disturbances on the bus with students. The most enjoyable part of the job being part of an organization that promotes equal education for all of its students.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Leadership
Administration (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2017
Great leadership, difficult circumstances to work within, good pay, long hours, you have to have a heart to serve others in this environment because the issues educators deal with is very daunting.
Dint like them
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 21, 2017
The job is too under paid. Them kids are bad ell and the busses don’t have air and u only work 5 hours a day it’s goid if u like have a lot of kids and need a kid friendly schedule
Pros
Days off are awesomev
Cons
Bad kids
Fun workplace
Title District Substitute Teacher - Education (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2017
Columbus City School District is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for a part-time job. I really enjoyed the kids. They made my experience remarkable.