Columbus Hospital LTACH Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 26, 2017
Supervisors are very unprofessional. Highly discriminate. Always threatening to fire. Nurses and aides cuss on the floor constantly. Always complaining
Pros
Offer continuous education classes. Ok pay
Cons
No formal orientation on hire. No team spirit among aides. Always complaining. Lazy
excellent work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 16, 2017
very friendly, great staff , take very great care of all the patients. clean, neat and energetic work environment, i felt very comfortable and at home at all times
Very comfortable workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 11, 2017
One thing I loved about Columbus was that the employees were very friendly and helpful toward each other. Regardless of your job title everyone was treated the same and had no problem helping each other. The main focus was the care of our patients even if we at times had to go outside of our job description.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
could have had better management
Horrible Workplace
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 21, 2016
Horrible Place to work. Not upfront about job duties. You could be hurt when doing 1 to 1 observations. Management is a joke and will fire you at any given time.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, Not enough Staff
November 11, 2016

Pay and job duties are explained during interview process and during hiring process. Employees sign an offer letter stating salary and they sign a job description. Pay and duties are never a surprise. It is not our policy to fire someone without cause.

Clinical Liaison
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 2, 2016
Be aware.

Poor management, poor communication, and poor leadership skills.

Job stability does not exist at this company.

Training does not as well. Nothing is never what anyone really says. Would say take notes but that does not matter either. This is not a company to build a career. It's a job.
Pros
People were nice to talk to.
Cons
Everything!
good placed to work
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 25, 2016
a typical day at work is helping the patient with anything they need.good placed to work really nice management helpful co-workers the hardest part is at night
I love to help my patient.
Nice place to work and learn.
Perdiem therapist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 30, 2016
I like the diversity of this place it brings out the best on each staff. Great place to work for an ICU setting. So far I have been paid on time.
Worked here for a month , they don't pay u on time
Per Diem therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 9, 2015
This place is horrible , they don't pay on time and don't pay me for the last week I worked there. They expect you to take on students and bill for them
Pros
Staff is ok
Cons
Hr, rehab manager and accounts payable suck
November 11, 2016

When a person is hired as a 1099 contractor, they are not paid through HR or Payroll, but through Accounts Payable. Contracted personnel are paid on a monthly basis and only after completing all patient assignments. If a person leaves without notice and does not complete their patient assignments, they are not paid for the unfinished work. All of this was explained upon hire.

Productive environment, with something new to learn daily
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2015
Balanced working environment, self starting initiative needed daily, management was proactive and maintained employee moral through constant communication and employee enrichment activities. Patient communication and satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the day, the hardest part of the job was patient loss.
Pros
Great working teams, monthly employee meet and greets
Cons
Sometimes no breaks and 24hr on call and weekend work
June 16, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, patients are admitted on all days, and at odd times: it is the nature of a hospital and with such an important role it can be challenging.

Great opportunity to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 4, 2015
Work in this hospital complex
But when you see the results of this becoming pride.
Patient care and the opportunity to observe recovery - inspiring.

Excellent management team

It is a place to gain experience in the hospital with the highest level of quality.

For the energetic and hard-working this place allows you to quickly grow.
Horrible.
Full Time Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 17, 2015
Worked for them for two years. All of a sudden management sucked. With no notice, i was changed to per diem from full time. And not just me a bunch of us. Before that insurance was like $600 every paycheck. Cancellation after cancellations. They wete taking out money from our paycheck for life insurance and they weren't paying them, got a letter from Colonial stating i missed payments. Whattt. Crazy.

Have 8 ICU UNSTABLE patients. Thank God my license is safe. Left right away.
June 16, 2016

We do not change a person from full time to per diem without their consent. Health insurance was never $600 per pay, even for the best plan with family coverage. Shifts were only cancelled when patient census was low (as outlined in the employee handbook every employee signs), and the cancellations were based upon employee type (per diem first, then part time, then full time).

Warning!!!! If you care about your lincense and people don't do it.
Columbus Executive (Former Employee) –  ColumbusNovember 8, 2014
Profits before patients!
Profits before staff!
Profits before supplies!

Will you get payed this week? Who knows.
Will you get fired this week? Who knows.
Will your insurance be cancelled? Who knows.
How many icu patients will you have, 5,6,7,8?

Spin the wheel of misfortune!

The caring staff and innocent patients are the victims. How sad!!!! Somebody please help them!

Multiple counts of:

Gross mismanagement!
Gross negligence!
Gross misconduct!
The list goes on and on.........

It's not worth the salary offered.
You worked hard for you license, dont be stupid and lose it here.

This review is honest and not a bias or hate response.

Please do your research on the owners of this
Hospital and meadowlands hospital for yourself. The evidence is overwhelming!

You will thank me later!
Pros
You learn survival skills. Similar to being in Iraq!
Cons
Not enough character space in this section to enumerate.
Long drive very tasking
Controller - General Accounting (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 9, 2014
I would go in do cash every morning than whatever else needed doing the CEO really was lacking in being able to listen to people who knew what they were doing I learned a lot about Medicare and reimbursements the CFO taught me so much about LTACH hardest part was trying to keep the place afloat I loved the people I worked with plus having all the responsiblity on me
Pros
they didn't really worry about me
Cons
the drive and unstable nature
Productive work and an great learning experience
Rehabilitation Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work involves assisting patients with activities of daily living, and reporting any changes to the nurse. Also, assisting the Physical Therapists with treatments. The Management staff work together, and the co workers work as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with human suffering. The most enjoyable part is assisting and comforting the patients.
Pros
Staff Recognition
Cons
Short breaks
LTACH facility exellently appointed.
Senior Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 22, 2014
LTACH is a wonderful environment. I learned more there in 3 years than I did in my previous 9 years at other positions.
Pros
Acute care facilty excellently appointed.
Cons
Job Stability
Bad Management and Very Poor Job Security
Private (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 28, 2014
During my employment, I've learned a lot about the health care field. I enjoyed my job because I have a passion for what I do; however the intense, un-called for stressful work environment that this hospital brings is very unnecessary. You're health eventually becomes affected and the job literally makes you sick. You're constantly on egg-shells about if your will have your job the next day, if you will get paid on pay-day, and how long the hospital will remain open.
Pros
Experience is literally like nothing you will ever experience (good and bad), as if you make it here, you can make it anywhere.
Cons
Rarely get to enjoy your lunch break, poor management
Excellent team along with learn experience
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 7, 2014
We cared for Long term critically ill patients. Everyday was an experience to learn from advance wound care to ventilator weaning trials along with cardiac monitoring. My fellow nurses were stellar, relocation has provided new adventures and experience in hospital setting.
Pros
small medical staff, huge learning experience, excellent options to support and educate family members
Cons
relocated, small hospital size