Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Work Environment
Client Services/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2018
At Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) a lot of changes need to be made. Favoritism is a major problem as well as in-house gossip. I wouldn't recommend that anyone takes a job with CMHA. It is is an unprofessional place of employment that even practices sharing confidential information with outside sources.
Pros
Good Benefits, good pay
Cons
Everything else
Great company!
Housing Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
Overall good company. Appreciates dedication and great work ethics. Open door policy for critiquing of work flow processes. Diligently work to provide great customer service to all parties involved in daily activities.
Fun workplace
Accountant-Accounts Payable/Receivable (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2017
This was a fun workplace where I learned all aspects of the financials from receivables, to payables, to the general leger. I gained a lot of experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Funding cuts
A great place to work
Occupancy Technician (Former Employee) –  Trevitt/Sawayer AptsAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with CMHA. They had there ducks all in the row. Everything I leaned was because my property manager seen the strengths in me. I was able to be a leasing agent and a temporary assistant property manager.
Benefits
Cons
Wish they did not close public housing down
Stable company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2017
Was a good place to work for when they still had the property management division. There was a lot of overtime and I felt valued as an employee. It was like a big family.
Pros
Good Overtime
Cons
Laid off for closing property management division
Not a friendly place to work
Occupancy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43211May 4, 2017
OCCUPANCY TECHNICIAN
Assisted the Property Manager and the Assistant Manager by performing clerical work, which involved handling rental payments, computer data entry, recordkeeping and interviewing residents for application and rent certification.
• Performed routine and annual inspections of units
Everyday is a learning experience
Housing Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
I love the interaction with the clients/tenants. The potential to just learn something about them or from them can be very rewarding. A typical day at work can be just making sure everyone leaves with their questions and concerns answered with a smile. I learned to be better with face to face encounters. The workplace culture is mixed. I would not change that about CMHA. It teaches you to work with different personalities and temperaments. The hardest part of the job if you are not organized you can get behind in your workload.
Great Place to Work
Vice President of Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2016
CMHA was a wonderful place of employment. As part of the senior management team, there were opportunities to shape policy, staffing and future real estate to serve our clients by providing safe, decent and affordable housing.
Productive and great place to work. With workout room and showers on site.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2016
Overall great place to be employed by. Benefits, workout room, good clean working environment. Great Management. Enjoyable experience.
Pros
Good healthcare package
Cons
Nothing to say here.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2016
Family oriented and great benefits. Provides you with resources to help you develop your skills. Encourages health and wellness with great incentives.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work/life balance

Want to know more about Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority?

Ask a question
Productive place to work
Housing Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Very nice atmosphere. Supervision is great. Case load very high. Must be willing to work independently.

Customers are nice to work with
Exciting place to work with lots of opportunities to advance.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
My typical day at work was refreshing because dealing with different people at the counter made each day different, which helped me learn to deal with all different types of personalities. I was also able to promote into a management position where I was warehouse supervisor until my retirement and enjoyed my employees as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was preparing reports for our accounts payable department and the most enjoyable part was being around my co-workers.
Pros
Employee functions, picnics, lunches, etc.
Cons
None, enjoyed my job
Productive and educational
Assist Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed being Productive in Housing Low income families. Co-workers great to be around. hardest part of job was evictions. Most enjoyable was seeing the faces of clients when they received their first key to housing.
Pros
working invirorment
Cons
attending court for evictions
Standard is not debatable.
Driver/Pick-up/Light Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 24, 2015
CMHA is reputable and a prominent establishment to assist low-income to have independent living. CMHA set standards to enable an organization to have order.
fun job to have,
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Metro was a great place to work at! great job, great benefits, great co-workers, looked forward to going to work all the time. management was good and got along real well learned a lot more trades on the job and gained more experience
Pros
great co-workers, wonderful benefits
Cons
nothing
Painter/Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2014
Processing work orders for low-income residential housing through CMHA. Work orders consisted for maintenance repairs, installation, and painting. Supply pick-up at warehouse and delivery of supplies to units and office. Assisting the team with upkeep of property grounds, preparation for inspection of units, and facility projects assigned to the team. On the job training of new workers and follow up with management after job completion.
Good place to work - co-workers are excellent
Payroll Officer - Accounts Receivable / Payable (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Process payroll on a by-weekly processing for 250+ employees. Calculate all garnishments for civil division, child support, IRS levies and student loans. Calculate and process monthly, quarterly, and year end taxes. I really enjoyed this job, but the hardest part for me was being let go due to down-sizing
Pros
flex-time
Cons
lay-off due to down-sizing
I obtained great experience working here.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2013
I enjoyed my time at CMHA. I got some great experience working there.
Pros
Received great experience.
Position of service
Housing Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2012
There are some wonderful people that work there, however, it is difficult to move up. Hard work is only valued in the numbers and not true dedication. Poor benefits.
Pros
co-workers were great
Cons
favortism
It's all about diversity
Housing Advisor II/Float Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2012
I would see various clients and discuss their program participation and household income. It was great learning different personalities and cultures. I also learned how to deal with aggressive and disturbing personalities while still maintaining professionalism and great customer service.