Columbus Regional Health Employee Reviews

Grwat place to get experience at but doesnt pay well enough to afford you're own living costs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 8, 2018
It's a great place to gain your experience and knowledge about the job but it doesn't pay well and can be quite stressful at times. Most of your coworkers are very helpful and management as well when they're around and not in meetings constantly. I couldn't afford to stay at CRH. Cost of living in Columbus, IN is quite high. Overall I would give it a 3 out of five star rating.
Pros
Discount in the cafeteria for employees, helpful coworkers, job&personal life balanced, Pto, 401k ect.
Cons
Low pay, stressful, hard to put in vacation or doctor visits unless its 1 months ahead of the schedule which is absurd
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 13, 2018
Pharmacy management is terrible, uncaring and oblivious to all problems. The pay is outrageously bad at $12, you can’t even afford to live in Columbus on it. You regularly get called in on your one day off and get in trouble if you say no. Unable to keep people, turnover is probably the worst in the hospital but has raised no flags with upper management.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, Short Lunches, No Breaks
no comment
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INAugust 17, 2018
Columbus Regional Health is a good place to work, but I feel the upper management should be more involved with all staff of the offices. There are issues with some managers that are often overlooked and not addressed. Pay/raises are not the greatest, given the workload that is involved.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 24, 2018
I have nothing to complain about when I look back on my 20 years of service at Columbus Regional Health. The company offered great benefits, I always felt my job was secure and I had no issues with laboratory management.
Decent place to work. Management is very poor!
Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 26, 2018
The management at CRH is very poor. There are a lot of the same managers in the same position that have been there for 25+ years and no longer have what it takes to keep up or properly manager. The company overall is decent but they seem to make a lot of poor financial decisions and the employees end up getting the short end of the stick because of it.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor communication
As a CNA, I love working with the patients. Have learned a lot and become a better CNA. I treat the patients as if my family that I love.
CNA / Patient CareTech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 15, 2018
CRH is a great place to work. We at CRH have annual competencies each year. Since becoming a CNA, I have learned a lot and become a greater caregiver. We have good management that works with a persons school schedule. We have a variety of patient lift equipment preventing staff injuries. The best and most enjoyable part of the day is caring for the patients. The hardest part of the day is when a patient dies that you have become close to.
Pros
Receive discounts at various businesses around town, and a discount for your meals, urge you to continue education.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 4, 2018
I did not like working there.They did not have good benefits. The managers in my section were not qualified to manage. There was too much drama and not enough work.
Needs improvement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 30, 2018
Columbus Regional is a fast pace work place.
In the department which i worked there was a large turn over rate.
Processes need refined to prevent errors.
New Employees need ample training before being expected to work independently.
There needs to be more management involvement in daily processes.
Pros
Pleasant environment
Cons
No room for errors and retraining in trouble areas is not part of processes.
Clean, efficient, pleasant and patient-centered place to work.
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 30, 2018
Small town, Indiana would be the best way to describe this architecturally rich, small town. Columbus Regional Hospital is the second largest employer of the city of Columbus, IN. behind Cummins. You will find a load of pleasantry once you step inside!
Pros
Expanding/growing, concerned with the care of the patients and their experience.
Cons
A parking garage would please the majority!
You get paid for what you do
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2018
This is not a bad company to work for. The pay is good and the benefits are even better. Especially the medical and dental plan, the vision not so much. But with all of the great pay going around, do not expect to receive much support from your management team.
Great place to start
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 21, 2018
I applied 3 years in a row and finally got hired here. I love the patient atmosphere and being able to help some of the sickest people. Long days seem to go by quickly and you wind up working half the time a normal person would.
Pros
3 day work week, lots of pto
Cons
Long days, large turnover
review of CRH
Laboratory Department Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Good place to work. Not great.Good work environment. Insurance benefits are good. Strict on attendance. Managers are nice and bonuses are given sometimes
Productive and fun
Environmental Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IndianaSeptember 18, 2018
The employees are fun and friendly.
Willing to help you.
Motivation is a big part of our job.
I had trained in several areas in case I needed to fill in.
Pros
Nice hourly wage
Cons
Short breaks. Little overtime.
Great People. Not enough of them
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 8, 2018
There are usually not enough employees to do the required work. The people are generally friendly, The management is usually nowhere to be found when needed. You learn quickly to do tasks for yourself and fix things that aren't functioning properly, The management is nice but ineffective.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Company sucks!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 5, 2014
This place sucked to work at, most coworkers were whiny and lazy. The charges nurses play favorites and make the hard working cna's do the lazy ones jobs. It is a very stressful environment to work at and is not worth the stress or money to work there. They treat their hard working employees like the stuff on the bottom of your shoe and praise the lazy one's who sit on their butt all day. It seems like doing your best was never enough and patient care is not put first.
Pros
Some of my co-workers rocked, direct patient care was rewarding job
Cons
sometimes no lunch at all, constant belittling of hard working employees, and praise of lazy ones.
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 29, 2018
After working as intern for a summer and having a rotation here, I have only wonderful things to say. Everyone works well together as a team. Lots of opportunities for continuing education on site and becoming certified in different specialities.
Pros
Great staff, able to advance
Cons
Nice place to work for, lots of teamwork
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, IndianaOctober 14, 2014
Worked at a desk from 8am to 5pm scheduling patients on the computer for outpatient tests and procedures. I learned a lot about what is required to be able to complete these tests. I worked with a very good group of people. The hardest part of the job was that it was extremely detail oriented and you had to be able to keep up with an ever changing program. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients, dr's offices, and hospital departments each day.
Pros
Great Benefits, Job Security
Cons
With the cutbacks areas of importance are being missed such as adequate training.
trained well for valuable skills
Cashier, grill cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 29, 2014
Management was professional and skilled. Good employees were appreciated and utilized. I was given the chance and learned many positions.
A typical day was approximately 800 customers through my line as cashier, before or after I was either grill cook, deli or steam line.
My co-workers were skilled and were strong support and made busy times look easy.
The combined ingredients above made the job enjoyable 99% of the time. I've taken what I learned from there to every job I've had since.
Pros
Excellent benefits and good attendance earned good time off
Cons
None, until a new dept. manager took over.
The hospital is a nice place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 24, 2018
The hospital is ok. Just don’t like the team members coming in that don’t aspire to be anymore than just doing their job. Newer employees don’t seem to worry about doing a good job or care.
Typical day
RN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 22, 2018
A typical day included care of patients varying in acuity with the assistance of well experienced LPNs and Care Partners. I worked oncology, so the hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and their families and assisting them in their health issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbus Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight