Columbus Regional Health Employee Reviews

Great place to start
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 21, 2018
I applied 3 years in a row and finally got hired here. I love the patient atmosphere and being able to help some of the sickest people. Long days seem to go by quickly and you wind up working half the time a normal person would.
Pros
3 day work week, lots of pto
Cons
Long days, large turnover
Clean, efficient, pleasant and patient-centered place to work.
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 30, 2018
Small town, Indiana would be the best way to describe this architecturally rich, small town. Columbus Regional Hospital is the second largest employer of the city of Columbus, IN. behind Cummins. You will find a load of pleasantry once you step inside!
Pros
Expanding/growing, concerned with the care of the patients and their experience.
Cons
A parking garage would please the majority!
Productive and fun
Environmental Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, IndianaSeptember 18, 2018
The employees are fun and friendly.
Willing to help you.
Motivation is a big part of our job.
I had trained in several areas in case I needed to fill in.
Pros
Nice hourly wage
Cons
Short breaks. Little overtime.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 13, 2018
Pharmacy management is terrible, uncaring and oblivious to all problems. The pay is outrageously bad at $12, you can’t even afford to live in Columbus on it. You regularly get called in on your one day off and get in trouble if you say no. Unable to keep people, turnover is probably the worst in the hospital but has raised no flags with upper management.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, Short Lunches, No Breaks
Grwat place to get experience at but doesnt pay well enough to afford you're own living costs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 8, 2018
It's a great place to gain your experience and knowledge about the job but it doesn't pay well and can be quite stressful at times. Most of your coworkers are very helpful and management as well when they're around and not in meetings constantly. I couldn't afford to stay at CRH. Cost of living in Columbus, IN is quite high. Overall I would give it a 3 out of five star rating.
Pros
Discount in the cafeteria for employees, helpful coworkers, job&personal life balanced, Pto, 401k ect.
Cons
Low pay, stressful, hard to put in vacation or doctor visits unless its 1 months ahead of the schedule which is absurd
Needs improvement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 30, 2018
Columbus Regional is a fast pace work place.
In the department which i worked there was a large turn over rate.
Processes need refined to prevent errors.
New Employees need ample training before being expected to work independently.
There needs to be more management involvement in daily processes.
Pros
Pleasant environment
Cons
No room for errors and retraining in trouble areas is not part of processes.
no comment
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INAugust 17, 2018
Columbus Regional Health is a good place to work, but I feel the upper management should be more involved with all staff of the offices. There are issues with some managers that are often overlooked and not addressed. Pay/raises are not the greatest, given the workload that is involved.
As a CNA, I love working with the patients. Have learned a lot and become a better CNA. I treat the patients as if my family that I love.
CNA / Patient CareTech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 15, 2018
CRH is a great place to work. We at CRH have annual competencies each year. Since becoming a CNA, I have learned a lot and become a greater caregiver. We have good management that works with a persons school schedule. We have a variety of patient lift equipment preventing staff injuries. The best and most enjoyable part of the day is caring for the patients. The hardest part of the day is when a patient dies that you have become close to.
Pros
Receive discounts at various businesses around town, and a discount for your meals, urge you to continue education.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
The hospital is a nice place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 24, 2018
The hospital is ok. Just don’t like the team members coming in that don’t aspire to be anymore than just doing their job. Newer employees don’t seem to worry about doing a good job or care.
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 29, 2018
After working as intern for a summer and having a rotation here, I have only wonderful things to say. Everyone works well together as a team. Lots of opportunities for continuing education on site and becoming certified in different specialities.
Pros
Great staff, able to advance
Typical day
RN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 22, 2018
A typical day included care of patients varying in acuity with the assistance of well experienced LPNs and Care Partners. I worked oncology, so the hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and their families and assisting them in their health issues.
Great People. Not enough of them
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 8, 2018
There are usually not enough employees to do the required work. The people are generally friendly, The management is usually nowhere to be found when needed. You learn quickly to do tasks for yourself and fix things that aren't functioning properly, The management is nice but ineffective.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough staff
The organization needs more diversity
Employed PRN (RN) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 20, 2018
It is difficult to advance within the organization There is no diversity at the hospital administrative level. A larger hospital took over the organization, which hopefully will result in more diversity.
Pros
Partnership with another hospital.
Cons
Difficult to advance within.
excellent rehab
Primary inpatient acute rehabilitation therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 15, 2018
acute rehab - experienced staff, dedicated employees. community involvement opportunities. The job was demanding but colleagues friendly. opportunity to do community outings with patients , opportunities to run support groups and develop programs.
Great facility
Cardiovascular and Imaging Services Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 7, 2018
CRH is a great company, with great staff and great leaders. CRH provided me great mentor ship for management. I am very grateful for the opportunities that I was allowed.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Great Comapny
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 24, 2018
I have nothing to complain about when I look back on my 20 years of service at Columbus Regional Health. The company offered great benefits, I always felt my job was secure and I had no issues with laboratory management.
Nice small town hospital system
Certified Six Sigma/Lean Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 23, 2018
Good place for healthcare workers. Nice hospital with modern facilities and competitive pay. Staff remains up to date and current in healthcare processes and treatments.
Good place to work very comnpetitive
Biomedical Equipment Technician II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 8, 2018
Columbus Regional Hospital is a pretty good place to work. There are pros and cons just like with any job. They value education and training and always seem willing to send you to train. There is plenty of work. SO you have to be motivated so that you don't fall behind.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 4, 2018
I did not like working there.They did not have good benefits. The managers in my section were not qualified to manage. There was too much drama and not enough work.
Management depends on department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 30, 2018
When I worked there the computer charting system was new and not user friendly at all. There were major problems with it drastically increasing the number of nurses needed to do the job correctly.
Pros
Great teamwork in my department
Cons
Stressful work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbus Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight