Columbus State Community College Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioDecember 14, 2018
Friendly workplace. It has been a pleasure working at Columbus State (23 yrs). Cols State is a great place to work and meet all different of people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough work space.
It is where the world is going
Adjunct Instructor, Department of Modern Languages (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2018
For education, best value in the area. Highly recommend. As for teaching, an important consideration is whether you want full time employment or not. If you can afford the part time salary, the environment is excellent, but do not expect full time to happen soon or perhaps at all because of budget restrictions.
Pros
Students, environment, colleagues
Cons
Lack of advancement
CSCC was a good company to work for
Adjunct Faculty/Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2018
This was a very fulfilling career. The student were eager to learn and the staff were great. I loved this position however they were not hiring full time staff.
Department was great to work for as a student
STUDENT OFFICE ASSISTANT OF EMSS OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job was finding stuff to keep me busy, I worked with great people and it was the perfect balance for my class schedule. I felt as though I was needed and welcome within the group.
Pros
SERS was an option
Cons
no benefits and min. wage
Challenging position with multinational students
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed the age group (18 - 50) in the accounting and finance classes I taught. The students were primarily transferring the credits to OSU and were easy to teach as they were attentive. I particularly liked that I taught 2 of the Brutus Buckeyes. The most difficult part was the turnover of students each quarter.
Pros
Great student participation
Cons
Short time spent with students
Fun place to work, Not a whole lot changes, Always work to be done
Multimedia Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2017
CSCC has been a great place to work. If you obtain a position that fits your schedule, you are pretty much set for as long as you want to stay. If you obtain a Full Time position, even better. Not often does a FTE position become available, Part Time PT is nice and you get limited benefits but it is extremely hard to advance. CSCC mostly hires in by contract with state approved funds unless an existing FTE position become available. Each department has their own system to accomplishing tasks, sometimes it is difficult to work with another department but once you have a relationship, its typically a smooth and collaborative effort. Management is extremely flexable and goes to great lengths to make associates feel comfortable. Its fun to interact with faculty, staff, and students, in a diverse community on the campus.
Pros
Flexible Time, Rarely overworked
Cons
Limited Access Time, when the campus closes, staff is not permitted in the building and it is strictly enforced.
CS is great
Bookstore Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
Director is awful to work for.

I also don't want to do this review anymore.. so I am just writing this so I can continue with what is important to me!
Working with students from all the world was an excellent experience.
Supplemental Instructor Leader (Former Employee) –  CSCC ColumbusOctober 12, 2018
I worked as a Supplemental Instructor Leader for English as a Second Language. Working with students from all the world was really fun and interesting.
School
Business Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2018
It’s ok there but they can do things to better there school the teachers didn’t help you that often if something was going on in your personal life at all
Nice environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
typical day at work is a fun environment most people are pleasant to work with. Depending on the semester determines how busy you are.Management is decent. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and students.
Pros
free education
Cons
political
Great colleagues, great environment, light work
ADJUNCT MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTOR/TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Teaching adults to meet their academic goals, but also their personal goals.

Teaching here means that you do more than dispense information. You will become a mentor/advisor in how to become a good learner. And you will become an encouraging factor for the many non-traditional students who are returning to school.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Only 12 hours er week permitted
Great Experience working in my field of study.
court liaison (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
Great Experience working in my field of study.I appreciate the opportunities for growth and development you have provided during my tenure. Thank you for your guidance and supported
Pros
field of study
Fun place to work.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I work as a student ambassador at Columbus State. My job was mainly to get in touch with student, connect with them, and to get the outside world to notice and help Columbus State. My manager is awesome, and work environment is quiet and relaxing which helps in getting the job done smoothly. I enjoyed reaching out to other people and giving tours around campus.
High requirements, low pay
Learning Support Specialist II - Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2018
Frankly, the college, like most, relies too heavily on adjunct and part-time, single term contract educators. Most academic positions require a masters degree, but pay less than minimum wage annually (though hourly, they're double minimum), even with a full hour or course load.
productive, fun , and good temp
Cashier and customer service- DX book store (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2017
its fun easy, nice managers , it was temporary job so no benefits but I believe for full time they do have a good and nice benefits.
pay is decent but easy.
Working for CSCC
Adjunct Instructor Faculty (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2018
As an adjunct you can expect to have much freedom in the classroom but not a lot of support from the administration.
It was an enlightening experience.
See my reviews on RateYour Professer.com
I enjoyed my time there
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Columbus State Community College. The hours were beneficial and the environment was open and understanding. I highly recommend doing the work study program
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Expires upon graduation
Freedom
ADJUNCT PSYCHOLOGY PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2018
You are given the freedom to attend workshops and gain insights into other departments as long as you have your work completed.

You work as part of a team!
Pros
Freedom to learn about other departments
Cons
Nothing gets done in a timely manner
Fast-paced, but yet relaxed at the same time; a thorough community college experience.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
CSCC is a phenomenal place to work, with students that are hard working and driven. That many of the students have to pay out of pocket for their education often means they are personally inspired to get work done.
Pros
Good curriculum.
Cons
Budget Cuts.
Excellent environment
Supplemental Instructor for Radiology Program (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
I was a supplemental instructor for my Radiographic Medical Imaging program. It was a great way to make some extra money helping other students in the program.