Columbus Technologies Employee Reviews

Poor Management Top Down
Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
The client was one of the best places I have ever worked. I have been in the business for 16 years. However, my experience with Columbus the middle entity, as a contractor was the worst I ever experienced. From getting paid late consistently, slow response times, no annual reviews, a few condescending emails from the CEO in regards to his staff's incompetency in their respected positions. They do have some decent Program managers which I feel bad they have to be the liaison for this company. I do thank Columbus for providing me the opportunity with this client as the hiring process was acceptable. Because of this experience, ethically it is hard for me to recommend this company. If you do choose them, make sure you list out front what your expectations are and get it in writing!
Pros
The Client
Cons
working culture, staff are not in sync, incompetence
Great company. Great people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Challenged by daily activities and great fulfillment when accomplishing goals. Great management and support from the entire staff. Stable work environment with growth potential when you put in hard work and dedication.
Very Great Environment
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 27, 2018
I had an amazing experience working here. Great people, great environment and overall great experience. I learned and grew a lot in my communication skills and I owe It to them!
No longer in business
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 25, 2018
No longer in business. Great people, great benefits. Took very good care of their employees. Allowed for education and many advances to choose from.
provided a vast array of opportunities to gain administrative knowledge
Facility Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 27, 2018
Provided over site for the renovation and relocation of admin. as well as research staff for the National Institute of Health.
Procured services as well as equipment related to administrative and scientific work spaces.
Pros
I worked with the friendliest of staff members
Cons
The procurement process seems to delay progress
Enjoyed the 2 assignments
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 24, 2018
I learned something new everyday on my assignments, such as new soft ware. Management was excellent, good ethics. Working with Engineers, Directors, Editor, camera crew was interesting.
Pros
Good assignments
Cons
Short term contracts
what it is like to work with Columbus
Senior Prototype Machinist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 17, 2018
It ok to work with them, they are always after you about your time card information, but I can under stand that, but they are suppose to help with PPE but they very lacking at this and they are not help with prescription safety glasses. in all they are a good company to work through. and there is a hole lot of page work to fill out for employment through them.
Good job
Support Product Analyst (SPA) (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 14, 2018
Job automation and no advancement opportunities. Weak communication. Too many contracting companies. No team support. Feels like second class employee.
Pros
Great New Year party
Cons
Weak communication
Horrible
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 3, 2018
The best was when they advertised to bring in someone for more money than I was making and when I contacted them about it, they never replied. Another HORRIBLE Contracting company our Gov supports because they are classified "disadvantaged", you will be happy in short term but prepare yourself for a let down, these are part time yearly jobs.
Nice way to get a better position
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 10, 2017
They did not value my military experience equal to a college degree. You may be asked to complete a specific job and you may do it well, but without a college degree I received no increases in pay even though i was producing better numbers than college graduates who did receive the pay increases.
Pros
Easy to get on the team
Cons
Contracts run out quickly
Work Experiences
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 2, 2017
It was a great place to learn. I have learned so much in the two years that I have been around . I have unlimited access to all equipment on the Network with full access to network devices and read-only access to other devices.
Good benefits nice staff
Employee Relations Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Good benefits nice staff. Diverse opportunities in the DC area. Reviews every 6 months. Approachable project managers. Great way to get your foot in the door in otherwise exclusive positions.
Blatant indifference to employee concerns.
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  WJH Technical Center, EHT, NJMarch 20, 2017
When a co-worker raised an issue about a drastic change in compensation package a high ranking executive responded, in front of other employees, "Oh well, some people win,some people lose." He was not on the "losing" side of the equation.

It did not help employee morale.
Columbus
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245March 6, 2017
Same as above, contract work so I did the same work as above. Worked with the same people, everyone got along and work was smooth. Work midnight shift.
Company often came in to provide lunch to show appreciation
Administative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
Provided administrative support to office in the form of timecards, personnel, helping with budget, preparing travel and vouchers. Keeping personnel aware of guidance to rules and regulations. The hardest part was monitoring the staff to make sure that they did not do anything outside of government regulations. The most enjoyable part of the work was to accomplish a goal.
Pros
Company feedback
Cons
Some benefits could be improved
Agile and Flexible Company
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Columbus is small, dynamic company that is always looking forward and focusing on new opportunities. They offer many opportunities to grow and learn new skills.
Positive and Diverse Workplace
Program Coordinator/Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 7, 2017
Vibrant and ever-changing, Columbus is a company that is always pursuing new opportunities, In turn, Columbus provides employees with a multitude of opportunities to learn and develop new skills. Workplace culture is positive and supportive, even in the busiest of times.
very pleasant atmosphere, great supervisor
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 9, 2016
Columbus was a great place to work, if the contract had not ended I would still be there. Fun, energetic, great co-workers, everyone got along with each other, hope to have opportunity to work for them again in the future.
nice place to work
Subcontract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 10, 2016
nice place to work, opportunities for growth, nice co-workers, management was good, I would work here again although I believe a lot of the people/managers I did work with are no longer there
great place to work, friendly atmoshpere and staff
Sr. Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 10, 2016
was here working on a 5yr contract that has come to an end, would love to stay but at this time no other contract available for me to stay on.