Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

Long Days
Sales Representative/Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 24, 2018
The days start early and end late. It is a 100% commissioned based job so if you can't sell life insurance you are not going to do well. Insurance is a tough sell....
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Insurance is a hard gig
Too many charge backs for me.
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2018
Door to door selling every morning. I learned that we needed a lot more training. People nice in the workplace. Management was not very well managed. The hardest part was making 3000.00 dollars and getting 2000 dollars taken as a chargeback. the most enjoyable was selling people life insurance and being thanked for it.
Cons
chargebacks, no training
This Career is not for the Timid
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Sales School is their major investment in you. They teach you how to use Ipad they provide you to be successful. They help you find your Why. Class becomes a group of friends cheering each other on. Sales school is also a time to work hard. Study Tables are provided every night. Instructors really care and want you to succeed.

First week is critical and usually has appointments set up my manager so you can watch and increase your rate of presentations till you should be able to go on the field solo.

Local office is also a positive environment. Success in writing policies is well rewarded with , pay, recognition and trips.
In short, more than 50% of why I did not succeed is on me.
Pros
Great atmosphere, very positive
Cons
100% commision
Too corporate
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Not enough flexibility to work at your own pace. Too many meetings and way too controlling for an all commission position.
They hire anyone that has a pulse. Major turnover!
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
The company has began to make a lot of changes all at once. They do not give us enough time to adjust. Seems like they are adding
changes every week.
Pros
working from home
Cons
overload
Productive and fun working environment
Insurance Agent ; Resident (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2018
The insurance Business is a very challenging carrer in itself. You have to be determined and self motivating otherwise you will sink in this industry. Most importantly you have to determine whether or not you can go without pay for a while atleast until you can establish a good clientele base which can take some time to build up. I think for the most part you have to have one of two things going for you when entering this industry; either you find an insurance company that is willing to pay you a base salary or hourly wage until you are able to build a clientele,or you better have at least 3 to 6 months worth of income saved up in order to feel confident going into it.
Pros
Great money once established
Cons
Takes time to start making money.
Tried to sell disabilty policies
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2018
Morning meetings everyday and deceptive practices. Strict adherence to the company script and the company has a bad name. the meetings were constant and the business practices were suspect.
SE MI needs more help in metro Detroit
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2018
Many teams leaders lived more than 30 mins outside of Detroit but had sales reps in Detroit. The team leaders were not really willing to help you work in your "everyday" area which did not provide duplicable success.
Pros
flexible schedule, work remotely
Cons
unsafe locations for adps, poor division of leads
Provided policy reviews and updates for customers and sales presentations to prospective customers.
INSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
Great company to begin your insurance career. Excellent training in Chicago which certifies you and equips you for field work. Weekly ongoing training is available and support. Limited customer base which is recycled among associates. You create your sales by adding new customers to their client pool.
Pros
Great training on products and procedures in Chicago
Cons
Customer base is shuffled among associates. No ownership of customers policies you write.
Combined Insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 28, 2018
I did not like working for this company. Very competitive and stressful. The hours did not work for me and my family and there was very poor management.
Combined Insurance
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Combined is a friendly and supportive culture. Compensation is commission only. Work is difficult and compensation is not enough. Company has a supportive Culture and if you can sell insurance this is a great place to work.
Pros
supportive culture
Cons
commission only
Very motivating enviroment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2018
Didn't like the charge backs. The team of people that I worked with are awesome. They really work as a team and are there to help anyway they can. The meetings are very uplifting and helpful to get your day started.
Wouldn't recommend
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 21, 2018
I wouldnt recommend working here unless you a) are single b) have no kids) and c) love getting micromanaged and being babysat over the phone every day
Pros
Cons
Screw you over when you quit. Word of advice. Read every contract you sign thoroughly.
Very compettitive
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 20, 2018
I learned a lot at Combined Insurance. However, it took me away from my family as we had to stay away weeks at a time to service our clients in various locations. It was commissioned. The most enjoyable part was having a manager that was positive and provided a lot of support and encouragement. It was one of those jobs where you had to earn your stripes.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Commissioned salary, a lot of travel with little time off
Flexible work hours. Some markets better than others
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, COMBINED INSURANCE (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 16, 2018
Your success at Combined depends on your own drive. There is no set work schedule so the amount of money you make depends on the amount of appointments you make per week.
Pros
Great training and bonuses
Cons
They take back the money they paid you if a client cancels their policy
cold calling and no sales means no pay
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Danville, VTAugust 14, 2018
nothing good about this company. if tou see an ad for this Co, run as far away as you can. They will tell you anything to get you, because that is part of there pay, management get paid to recruit clients
Pros
Cons
to many to mention
Productive and work fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRAugust 7, 2018
Good company to work for. But only paid if you sell insurances, otherwise you don't have a basic salary or car allowances. You have the opportunity to growth as a professional in the insurance field.
Pros
Owner of my time. Free weekends
Cons
No basic salary. No car allowances
Read first before applying/interviewing
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  SCAugust 6, 2018
Where do i begin? I will begin with the good stuff. You get a free airplane ticket, hotel, and $125 for eating during training.

Now on the real stuff.
MICROMANAGEMENT TO THE T!! YOU WILL BE CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES PER DAY. And the question will always be...how are your numbers?
You will not receive any real leads...All the leads are cold or your friends and family. And I am sorry, but I do not want to continue to bug my friends and family to purchase insurance.
IT IS HOT!!-You will be required to stop in at random strips and go speak with the manager. And unfortunately, if they are busy, you will not get an appt.
GAS/MILEAGE-YOU will burn an enormous amount of gas and put a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle.
Sales Training weekly!
Pros
Free $125 gift card and airfare
Cons
micromanagement
Heavy Travel
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 5, 2018
Lots of traveling with this job with a lot of time spent away from home. A lot of expectations with not a lot of help. Working alone is common with a lot of prep work.
Good training program Tough job
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed the culture and learned a lot about sales
they have an old business model that requires a lot of prospecting
and cold calls this is not for the weak minded. I was able to reach my sales goals but most agents don't.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Poor leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight