COMBINED TECHNICAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

good place to work
Data Collector (General Clerk I) (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GADecember 18, 2018
The amount of hours in which each person was fair, the quality of work was appropriate for the job and supervisor was able to be a good supervisor due to his work experience.
Excellent place to work
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ft Bragg, NCJuly 10, 2018
I have been fortunate enough to have had a job I really enjoyed going to everyday. I had the pleasure of being on s small 5 man team surrounded by intelligent people with the same mindset as myself. “Do whatever is needed to complete the mission”.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Lost job due to buget cuts
Great experiance
DATA COLLECTION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAMay 30, 2018
This company provided me an excellent opportunity to develop and improve my managerial skills. CTS provided excellent training for data collection processes.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 4, 2018
Very interactive with the supervisors, the workplace was not overwhelming. The new experience that came with the job was awesome. They train very well and go over most scenarios that could occur.
Great team leaders
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Great interaction with team members and team leaders. The job description accurately described the position and responsibilities. If offered an opportunity to work for them again I would gladly accept.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Contract position
Worth The experiences.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 23, 2017
The repentance was one of a kind yet the management was a battle between to different groups. One from Fort Hood and Fort Bliss. I was engaged to be a computer annalist then with all the politics found my self in operation to a in a room to charge battery.
Pros
Exsperiance
Cons
Wont take others from the Ideals
productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 4, 2017
They don't have a ping pong table. A typical day at work is busy. I learned a lot. Management is good, The workplace culture is military. The hardest part of the job is being out in the elements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie.
Challenging program
General Clerk II Colorado GD (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2017
Supervisors were on the go on training base and job performance. Learned about Military lingo and exposure to new weapons systems. Very little communication between management and the group, and working culture was lightly expose to us. No hardest part because job was enjoyable nonetheless and we were aware of job performance before accepting it.
Pros
Long working hours woth good remuneration
Cons
Weather inclement changes
My Prospective
General Clerk II (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX / Fort Bliss, TX, WSMRJune 28, 2017
All days met at a pick-up location and were driven to area for data collection.
Learned Military Data Collection parameters.
Management was not done well in our team from the project side.
Most upper level staffers were from the Company Headquarters with very little for locals to be part of the Upper Management.
Hardest Part is to collect massive amount of data with very little communication.
Most Enjoyable was going out to sites that were untouched developments.
Pros
Nature, New Point of View, New Experience
Cons
Management, Not Valued too much
Good for 11 years and closed
Service Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 8, 2017
Great company for 11 years while I was there. The owners split apart and the company closed. Big contracts in NYC. The 1980s were booming with Halon and we did tons
Operations Lead & Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Enjoyed working for the military.
Providing soldier with new and improved equipment.
Enjoyed working with co-workers and supervisors.
Great pay, and benefits.
Enjoyed the different types of equipment, learning what the army has grown to.
Pros
Working with soldiers and Co-workers
Cons
Time spent away from family
Military job duties
COMPUTER OPERATOR I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2017
This job was centered within Edwards Air Force Base and provided a unique and rewarding atmosphere. The job required 12 hours a day for a 6 day work week. Worked with military personnel within a secure environment. Very supportive civilian support staff.
Military work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 28, 2017
It's a great place if you need fast large lump some of money, you meet some nice people, and get to travel to places and learn about some of the stuff our soldiers have to go through and work with. Not a permanent job, there's possibility of rolling over but it's a 50/50. No benefits as it's a contracting job.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits, temporary work
Everyone worked hard as a team
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 8, 2016
Management worked along with the teams. If we got in the mud to collect the data, the higher ups did as well. Hours were long but understandable since data was collected over 24 hours a day but the pay more than made up for it. Just wish it wasn't temporary
Pros
Pay was worth it
Cons
Temporary position
Great work environment with co-workers
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 7, 2016
I learned how important OTC was to the military.
I had great co-workers.
the hardest part of my job was working away from home for long periods of time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great co-workers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
working away from home for long periods of time.
Great working with military members.
Maintenance Machinist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 22, 2015
Excellant benifits,Hours,pay.Great work place machines and equipment excellant. working with co-workers and military members was a great experience.nice to have hollidays and weekends off.
Pros
Supporting military
Cons
Contract job
Obligation
Electronics Technician II at CTS (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 19, 2015
I am sorry but i do not wish to release any infor mation about my employment experiance that I or any of my co-workers have had at Combined Technical Services.
Co-workers
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Everyone that I had to work with in this job were awesome. Even the management that I was under were very involved and loved hearing your opinion. I'm glad I got to experience working for this company.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Company relocates for every contract for the most part.
(JLTV) Joint Light Tactical Vehicle
Data Collector II. (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 7, 2015
Three vendors compete for the replacement of the new JLTV to replace the Hum V in the military. These vehicles were of stick confidence. I learned how to collect data for all the 10 JLTV's, kept inventory on all parts, reacted with data management on a daily basis for ensuring all paperwork was accurate for data input. I supervised approximately 30 employees which 15 were of Combined Technical Services and 15 were the vendors that owned the vehicles. I had to keep account of each and every thing that was done to the vehicle. Took all accountable actions for weigh ins on the vehicles to ensure that they were not over weight with the soldiers and their equipment. Kept data on live fire missions and when vehicles went to the field for 24 hour spans. Kept PMCS on vehicles, fuel intake, mileage and etc. Close interaction with co-workers by issuing vehicles to maintain data on daily. The hardest part was when a vehicle broke down and was bought to the motor pool and all data had to be captured, every tool utilized had to be captured and etc. until the vehicle was restored.
Pros
Great learning for how military will be protected by new vehicle
Cons
Maintaining data on reck vehicles.
Good pay. uninspired co-workers
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwrds Air Force BaseAugust 9, 2015
long work days or nights, difficult co-workers but the money is great. I was only given one day off a week and worked 6pm to 6am. still cant complain as they do compensate you for the strenuous schedule. Just do you're job and show up on time and you can do well. try to stay away from the bickering co-workers.
Pros
pay
Cons
night shift coworkers, night shift 6pm to 6am and one day off a week.