Comcast

Comcast insights

Based on 4,807 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Lots of work life balance

Spend too much money on equipment and not enough on people. The environment is the easiest to work in but the staff is sometimes under skilled. If remote HR is almost invisible.

Could have been better

The stress with the customers just made you feel like it was you versus the company and customers. Management never really had your back at all. Need to have employees back more

Good people, solid work life balance.

Great place to work. However, it is corporate so there is a lot of politics to get funds or new tool adoption (applies to the tech side of the company), if you have an idea you really need to sell it or risk getting replaced in the meantime.It really depends on the team of course but for the most part, they hire good people who want a work-life balance.

Pros

work-life balance, caring managers, nice coworkers

Cons

politics

The work was easy but managements were the worse, I worked with different managements all over the states, they’re all the same sh..t.

I have 6 years experience with cable and worked with different companies as (Comcast, Cox, spectrum and WOW communications) in all over the states. Comcast is the worst place to work in, I’d not recommend it to any new techs. Always treat you like trash, doesn’t care about the technician, giving you a hard time, changing your life to a stressful life.

Pros

Not a single one

Work from home

I enjoy being able to work from home and the medical benets are top notch. Wr also get a great discount on courtesy services. And 4 free tickets a year to Universal Studios.

Great

I love working here i’ve only been working for the company about a month by its comes with so many perks and benefits I didn’t see myself having a long-term career I thought I was just going to be another job but I am going to strive and do my best to become the best at this company

It was overwhelming after the 2nd year cause we started to take calls for 10 other states other than Ms

I enjoyed my commission every month Good pay and benefits they also changed up the commission several times and it was about 300 people working had room to grow

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Very Stressful

So far so bad

Undertrained , lack of sympathy , overworked under appreciated, inconsistent in many areas and components toxic work and uncomfortable work culture.

Xfintiy sales professional

Imagine real estate agent but instead of houses. Cable and internet. Good benefits good pay good people alot of time for work life balance and meetins

Mixed Feelings

Great benefits and team. No job security. They have fired really good people who was good at their job. Company has a lot of potential but has many internal issues

Good entry level position

Great company but the pay is not worth it. The culture is amazing and you can move up in the company. The pay should definitely be more than what it is starting off!!

Great benefits

3 years stressful environment , crazy metrics and insane requirement when you are on FMLA and the performance need to be complete also internal metrics changes and no records are file

Poor work life balance

There is an on going poor work life balance issue. Overworked, never enough people on staff, poorly compensated when knowing people who work for other companies doing the same work and their starting rate is much higher than ours.The flexibility in shifts is non-existent.

Comcast has great benefits and my department had great coworkers. There is room for advancement and encouragement to do so. The management is fantastic.

Don't Do It

Very stressful, required to sale. Company is greedy it's all about the money you can make for them . The people in corporate has no knowledge of what's going on with the regular workers. If so they would make better work decisions for their people.

Good job

Very well put together company. I've worked 7 year with Comcast. They pay well, and take care of there employees. If you are looking to join the cable industry, this is the company

Take the good with the bad

Everyone stays because we genuinely like the people we work with. There are politics definitely involved when you are seeking promotions. HR departments and COEs within HQ and divisions are not as diverse as they could be, and there tends to be a glass ceiling for a lot of folks.

Pros

Work with great people, great resources available to get your job done

Cons

Pay for some hourly positions is very low, lack of virtual HR positions available - have to look external for growth opportunities

favoritism

The Comcast region for big south and Parts of Georgia is full of favoritism if your not in with the management team or part of the click crew then your days are numbered.

Pros

work from home

Cons

Culture and fitting in if your not part of the click

Lack of growth

There are no clear career paths. HR promotes internal advancement but they do nothing to help. Hiring external candidates over tenured employees at much higher wages is very discouraging.

Fun before covid

Every minute, every second is watched and recorded. When we were in the call center the culture was fun and i loved going to work. Once covid hit working from home was all work no fun.

Used to be good now going downhill

Asking for to much for not enough pay. Used to be a fun place to work but changes in management have changed that. Coworkers are blonde people but upper management needs to figure it out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Comcast with

• Comcast
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?