Comcast Employee Reviews

Found 12,673 reviews matching the search See all 12,764 reviews
Great place to have a career
CommTech3 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Great place to work. I had to relocate temporarily to another state for family medical issues ( had to resign after nearly 19yrs ). Great benefits and decent pay. Great staff. I really enjoyed working there.
Great benefits, horrible phone calls
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 18, 2019
Comcast is an amazing company to work for but they have a ton of rules and you are stuck on the phone all day with the most angry people ever even though I was working for a inbound call center they were very pushy on sells
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Sale sale sale!
Both Cable and Cable Advertising are a great product to sell.
Ad Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Was disappointed how they handled promotions. There is a DOS system that was used to find areas of serviceability. The hardest part of this job is the charge backs.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good Product to sell
Cons
The constant changes
Field Trip Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I have nothing good or bad to say about this company, I feel that you are forcing me to write a review. I have nothing to say and would like to move forward
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It was good got what it was worth
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
This was the first job I had when I moved to Georgia so it was only temporary. I did enjoy my coworkers and my boss was easygoing. I had fun in training and everyone was nice
Decent Benefits -- Call Center is Brutal
Advanced Products Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 17, 2019
The pay is okay for the positions offered... Comcast services are included as a benefit. Promotions were few and far between, I worked there for 5 years, over time, the abuse from the customer interactions became too much to handle.
Pros
Benefits, Large Company
Cons
Negativity from customer interactions becomes too much over time
it was a good place
Csr rep at C3 for Cox communication (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2019
i had some personal issued that made it so i left but the place it self is great. the work was not hard the environment was usually very fun but could be serious and get stuff done
Comcast 550 Kirland WAy
NOC Technician III (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 17, 2019
Comcast seems to hire only 30 and under. And was the most hostile work environment I have ever worked. Which is sad to see in todays work environment. They have no training modules in place for new employees. Training was non-existent.
pushy sales tactics
CSC Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2019
company has pushy sales tactics. you are expected to hit goals and management pushes sales first customer last. deceptive sales tactics all around. no wonder the company had to change its name to Comcast to Xfinity, was named worst company in America
Decedent Overall
Project Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I worked for Comcast for over 15 years. They offer good benefits and very good pay. There was still a great deal of Nepotism in the organization but it was becoming better my last year employed.
Pros
Discounted Services, Good Benefits, 401k
I’m very depressed working here
Communications Technician II (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJanuary 16, 2019
They drive you like a horse and don’t compensate worth the work, lots of hazardous work, they tell us because we get free cable we aren’t compensated what we should get payed. I would rather take the compensation and figure what I want for my services
I was a hired temporary
Field Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Sarasota County, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I was a hired temporary to assist in a computer program to help route drivers. For me it was a sharp learning curve. However, I enjoyed the people I worked with and the job it self.
The temporary pay was very low but I needed a placement and was very grateful to learn a new program and skill.

The whole team office is being moved to Palm Beach Florida from Sarasota Florida.

If I lived in Palm Beach, I work want to work there again.
It’s a paycheck, def not a career.
Communications Field Technician 4 (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Pay should be higher for the work you do.
Micromanagement becoming increasingly popular
Defective equipment. Hard to sell a product that doesn’t work
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Mandatory OT, micromanage, poor communication between departments
na
Cable and Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
nice company to work for when the season is in high impact. Overall when the season changes if you are contract it is hard to locate work, and that leads to no pay, which affects you if you have a family or other obligations.
Before The Transfer
Communication Technician 4 (Current Employee) –  Cambride, MAJanuary 15, 2019
This review is based off the Florida Comcast not Massachusetts Comcast, I wouldn't want it to be completely negative.

Typical work day would consist of 6-10 work orders(Houses/Business) per day, workload will dictate depending on what is found at each job and time completed the work.

I have went on to learn the basics of Fiber optics(reading levels/fusion splice/replace fittings), I feel as if I have mastered the Comcast Coaxial troubleshooting. They have taught us to use various types of meters and different equipment.

The hardest and the best part of the job is the customers.
It's the worst feeling in the world to tell a customer you cannot fix their issues and will be fixed a different day, also the best part is when you fix issues that have been going on for sometime and they have multiple techs out that couldn't provide the fix/solution to the issue
Pros
Freedom of your own work pace, 6% 401k Match, decent pay
Cons
Unfair Tech evaluations, lack of leadership, no corporate support
Fun and Fast Pace
Project/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Comcast. Spent a lot of time outdoors and meeting new people. I learned many of the skills I have today while employed with Comcast.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Working Weekends
Working at Comcast
Construction / Contractor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, IL 60008January 15, 2019
No structure when hired here. I had to develop my own procedures and follow them. Learned the business as I went along. No real training provided. Confused on what was expected.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Reviews
pays great
Sales Rep/Retention (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 15, 2019
comcast is wonderful place to work. it pays great becuase you make good commision. There is alwyas in oppertunity to sell. The only issue is that theres always new promotions comming in and out so you have to be able to let the customers be aware of the change.
They say they care, but they don't.
Communications Technician III (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJanuary 14, 2019
HR isn't there for the employee, they're there to protect the company. You're told one thing, and then another thing happens completely opposite. They always want more and make it next to impossible to advance in your position. And if you want to move to a different department, they make that next to impossible too.
Rewarding Customers
Nirvana Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed helping our customers the most. I was a specialist who dealt with Sales, Billing, Escalations and new Services. I did enjoy working in the call center environment.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
Constant stat changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

54K
43.9K
33K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comcast.

Powered by Comparably