Comcast

Comcast insights

Based on 3,928 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good pay, boring

Its a good job, but can be very repetitive & boring. After long enough sometimes you feel like you arent really progressing, and it starts to feel pointless.Pay is good though, decent job for sure.

Pros

Pay, consistency

Cons

short breaks, repetitive

Great incentives

The work was a typical call center with high call volumes. I didn't necessarily love the shift I was assigned but overall Comcast is a great company to work for with great benefits.

Not bad

Its corporate beauracracy at its finest. Not a great place for outside of the box thinkers. Nothing operates on logic just policy. You'll question your morality and ethics often when conducting business with customers. It pays well above the median range for this type of job.

No comment

Great company to work for just don't have any pre existing ailments because they will accommodate in the beginning then find a reason to fire you. Overall rating is a 3.5

Comcast provides excellent benefits however, the stress comes from the companies failure to not have a accountability department. Too many mistakes made and customers call in and curse us out due to broken promises. They need to revamp the way they train employees and also management. Also they need to change the way they do paid time off because work and life balance is impossible if you have small children company

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good Pay, Company provided complimentary lunch frequently. BAD place to work

Horrible Management and Unrealistic Goals to meet. Pay was good but in order to get the most out of the job and to be even a little motivated to go back you had to make lots of commission.

They put up a good front.

They put up a really big front, telling you all about how great it will be to work there and selling you on all of the benefits. If you care about actually helping customers and feel bad about misleading people though this isn't the place for you. I stayed for almost 3 years because of the pay, but in the end I left due to moral reasons and extremely poor management.

Benefits

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Solid Organization

Comcast looks out for its employees. Allows the flexibility to do what you think is best for the customer and company. Can be hard to be in cable industry in this day and age, but I think Comcast is on the right track.

Pros

Flexible schedules. Great Management at local level

Cons

Some decisions from higher up can negatively impact morale. on occasion

Stressful

If you like having amazing benefits but in a stressful environment this is the place for you. You usually will get stuck with a bad shift and never 2 days off in a row, they do pay more for the later you work at least.

Pros

Benefits, discounts

Cons

Everything else

Very poor and stressfull place to work

Not a good place to work, company uses you for everything they can get out of you and then disgards you. Only concern is the product and the product only, employee moral low and stressful

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Management and supervisors poor

Great pay/incentives/commision

You can make LOTS of money working for Comcast Business as a CAM rep but only if you are an EXTREMELY good sales person. If not then that position is BEYOND stressful, draining, and mentally taxing. And if you don't do well enough in sales you could come to work one day and just be fired, so job security is non-existent.

Competitive Company

This company allows for growth with many available shifts. There are stressful parts of the job, and it is extremely quick-paced. For individuals who don't like much down time and are good with people, this is the job for you.

I hated being the rep I'd spoken to when a customer

I hated being the rep I'd spoken to when a customer. The training is completely a loss when you get on the floor. They have a "tell them whatever it takes to get them not to cancel on that call" offer them more than allowed to, hang up if needed, basically be that person that if you've had to call Comcast, and speak to a supervisor? Always told send to their voicemail, which I caught them just deleting over and over without even listening. Quit shortly after I actually started working the job itself

A great place to work

You get up to 3 raises a year. The health insurance is good, the 401k company match is up to 6%, everyone is celebrated for who they are... the most inclusive company I have ever worked for. Zero tolerance for bullying. Incentives are fair and commissions are paid monthly as well as a quarterly bonus.

Work in progress

Comcast as a whole is a great company we follow a very specific plan but the opportunity for advancement leaves something to be desired becoming a supervisor is difficult because rather than looking for talent with in they prefer the outside sector where often time the agents have more training than the supervisors managing them

Comcast is ok but it depends on where

If you work in the CARE division it is misery, the employees are treated like another number. If you work in the business class or in the corporate offices its like working for a completely different company.

Great place to work, taught me a lot.

Good stepping stone position. A lot of room for advancement if willing to commute to Denver. Popularity seems to be a deciding factor with hiring supervisors. They do give you exceptional training in customer service, coaching, de-escalation techniques and sales techniques.

Great benefits, great pay

If you work hard, you make commission. You can work your way up in the company, with the opportunity to get a raise every 7 months. Great employee resource groups and many events he’ll to be able to network with other employees. Great mentors and the opportunity to sit down with a coach one a week for one on one discussion. Overall a great place to work

Pros

Courtesy services, tuition reimbursement, incentives every konth

Cons

Waking with irate customers can get stressful at times

Room for advancement.

I like the flexible hours and the fact that overtime hours were offered. I also liked that the pay was hourly but you were also able to make commission on top of that as well. I liked that team meetings were held every day but were brief enough so that we could get back to work. I also liked the open door policy that we had with our managers, We could talk with them onw on one. I liked that. I liked the team environment.

Pros

free stuf

Cons

short breaks

Best job I have ever had!

Great company! I wish I had known about Comcast before. Benefits on day 1. Paid training (9 weeks). Casual dress (jeans, shorts). Ping pong, Foosball and basketball. The company WANTS YOU TO SUCCEED. Commission every month which is easily obtainable on top of your hourly wage. If you want a career, you will find it here. (Call center) Minnetonka, MN

Comcast is the Worst

Comcast is the worst. Customer are allowed to cuss retention agents out the agent has to take it, disconnecting the call is not allowed. That is abuse

Pros

Cons

Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comcast.
Powered byComparably