COMDOC Employee Reviews

Parts reclamation technician
PARTS RECLAMATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Stow, OHMarch 8, 2018
What I do is tear down multi-functional printers, as well as being in charge of various programs that we do here. I also was required to train any new hires on our job to help them become acclimated quickly. I also learned how to use a tow motor, learned inventory control and how to be better at time management. The management here at least in the building that I work is very good. I enjoy the people I work with I just need a change to my personal situation with my daughter. I would honestly say the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with.
Pros
Fast paced and enjoyable work enviorment
Cons
No room for advancement
good job culture
Production Print Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 27, 2018
well run midsize company with a well defined process to do your job and succeed in that job, pleasant environment with opportunity for advancement, well run.
A great place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 18, 2017
Comdoc is very flexible and wants you to achieve success and make money. They make every attempt possible to help you and truly care about you as a person and employee. You are pushed to produce results and most importantly get acknowledgment and reward as an end result. It truly is a great place to work!!!
Great Job with lots of experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2017
Since this was my first copier repair job, I found it hard to keep up with all the expectations they put on the technicians. After coaching from the managers i found it easier to deal with
Pros
everyone s willing to lend a hand
Great Company, needs better management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2017
Typical day consists of prospecting new clients, cold calls, etc. The overall company is great, however local branch management can be very negative.
Great place to work if you're "in the club"
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2017
There was a time when I loved my job. That was when I was fortunate enough to be "in the club". I could do no wrong. Without warning, people who were your friends turn on you, you get put under a microscope, and the witch hunt begins. Found it immensely humorous that I was so incapable that they ended up hiring two people to do my job! Oh yeah, and the person they held in such high regard to oversee the hunt ended up addicted to crack! Gotta love it. Those were just their In-house ethics ... the way they treated their customers was hugely unethical. Hidden price increases, used pieces of junk equipment, switched serial number plates ..... the list goes on. If you enjoy being tossed out like trash after you've been used, you've found your home! However, if you value yourself at all and want to keep your self esteem, find someplace else to work.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Compensation, management, ethics, etc.
Fun environment! Great company! Pay you above and beyond! Good management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 19, 2017
Best product in the industry hands down! Great people to work with and fun environment! All about working smarter not harder. They treat you well and many incentives, you'll make more here than anywhere else in the industry
Lousy place to work.
Sr FIeld Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2017
No training provided. Their concept is paper in paper out.
If your a brown noser then this is the job for you.
Terrible territories,2 hour drive between calls not unusual. Atrocious at getting you proper documentation and to cheap to property train you.
Team leaders chosen by who is buddy buddy. Super micromanaged. Your a number chaser not a real field engineer. Would not recommend this if you have pride in your work.
Oh, also when you need a part, God forbid it's used because it's not going to be clean, and often because they have no clue that machine really are different you will be lucky to get the right or properly working part. Avoid working for this circus if you're a professional.
Pros
You hava a job.
Cons
Terrible training. Being sent to work on equipment you have never seen. And no docentation
I would recommend ComDoc to any technician with a good work ethic.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for. There was, of course, a great deal of driving to and from customer locations but, dealing with diverse personalities was rewarding.
Pros
Good management and great training and support
Cons
Extensive travel
Run
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2016
Stay away from this company, they have gone way down hill since being acquired by Xerox. Local management has no training or experience and are very unprofessional.
Good Old Boys Club
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 16, 2016
Unless your already "inside" the family, there's little to no opportunity for job growth here. Sales areas are stale at best and you have to fight to get those areas. Sales practices are deceptive at best. Automatic price increases and fees are hidden within contracts and go unmentioned when contracts are completed. Is it a sin to sell a church a used piece of junk with increasing cost (and likely more machine than they'll ever need) and then service it with used and generic parts? High turnover in all departments.
Pros
a paycheck (sometimes)
Cons
Calling themselves ethical
Good place to work but could be better.
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  OHJuly 12, 2016
My typical day at work is working on copiers and printer from account to account. Half the equipment I learned and the other half I had to learn on mine own because I had no training. Management has been helpful. The company is very slow to move or hire someone else. I was covering over 200% of a area for over 9 months.
Pros
No manager riding your back watching ever move you do.
Cons
They are slow to move in every way so don't expect a raise soon.
Trash
HP Dell Lexmark Printer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 16, 2016
Evil people are protected all the way up to HR.
Proof that nice guys finish last.
Great at taking you from gung-ho to wanting to run away.
ComDoc
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for! It truly is a family atmosphere that makes work enjoyable! I recommend ComDoc to everyone!
I was in the internship program which taught me a lot about customer service and customer care reports.
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYJanuary 20, 2016
My typical day at work would be assisting sales reps with presentations and how to assemble various copy and fax machines in front of potential customers. I would do follow-up calls for inactive accounts or accounts that already existed.

I learned that hard work creates results with inactive accounts. I also learned that you need to carry yourself in a very professional matter when dealing with all different types of customers.

My management team was great. I would be assigned certain tasks and have deadlines to meet and report back to the sales reps. It was a fun environment because their was a new challenge everyday.

I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. They taught me a lot and I would ask questions when I was unsure of how to approach the situation and they would be very helpful.

The hardest part was knowing it was an internship and no positions with the company were available with the company long term.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to different site locations for the copiers and fax machines and meeting new people.
Great place until sold to Xerox
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  uniontown, ohioDecember 30, 2015
The HR department is run on the friends and family plan.

I really enjoyed my job until we sold out to Xerox, everything changed at that point.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
discrimination
N/a
Supply Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHNovember 13, 2015
At this time I do not wish to answer this questions; other than my direct co-workers were a great team to work with. Management within the department was poor, lack of communication and "team work."
Cons
No room for advancement / poor communications
Solid company
Senior account manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2015
Good work environment.
Invested in lots of employee training. Reasonable pay.
Hours were a bit much for salary though they did fill positions to ease burden on those who were overworked.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Overtime not covered.
Freedom to "manage" own job on a day to day basis; no micromanaging
Akron MPS Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2015
Work from home and in the office and customer visits; flexible and make own appts. with customers. Great coworkers and managers. Hardest part is not knowing what your schedule will be like from one day to the next in terms of appts with customers etc.
Pros
Nice work environment; flexible
Cons
Low wages in comparison to other companies with same job titles
Comdoc
Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 11, 2015
Work life was not good due to management. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the bad attitudes every day. One great thing is learning new things every day.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMDOC. Our community is ready to answer.