Comerica Bank Employee Reviews

Never work for Comerica
Financial Advisor - Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2018
As a financial institution it is the worst. Terrible management and a horrible platform. I am so happy not to work there anymore. I would recommend to stay away from this company.
Great company
Retail Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 12, 2018
I had a wonderful manger, who was supportive of my growth and made me feel like a valued team member. Managers can make all the difference anywhere you work.
It was amazing
Banker (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 10, 2018
To work here was a previlage, maternity leave was nice and well paid. I was given the opportunity to baby bond and paid vacation and holidays are also a plus. Flexible hours so as long you give advance notice. Wonderful place to work
Comerica was a fun place to work. It was a decent company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee) –  16 Mile Rd. & Garfield Clinton Twp., MINovember 6, 2018
I worked in a few different areas. I started out as a bank teller. Did that for 4 1/2 years, then moved out to Branch Operations as a secretary of the all of the procedure manual writers. Then went part time and moved over to the insurance department as a secretary. The positions could be stressful at times. For the most part an enjoyable place to work. Management all did a great job and ran the areas with ease. The hardest part of the job was always making sure you did what was asked of you and getting it done in a timely manner. An enjoyable place to work with all of the staff.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work.
Cons
Stressful at times meeting all of the deadline.
This Job is a good place to start for a banking job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
its a good place to start in banking because its a smaller business bank where you get to know the clients. Its slow pace and not as fast as a bigger bank.
Pros
Good to learn teller
Cons
small teams and branches
Comerica bank is a a company that will expanded your
Technical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 1, 2018
Comerica bank was a good place to work I worked there part time thit was a secure environment. I learned that this bank worked on an old mainframe data base system. The culture was non verbal people really kept to themselves and worked alone with little communication.
The hardest part of working at comerica bank was driving and the long district and working part time. I enjoyed learning to work on the mainframe environment
Pros
The dress environment
Cons
My driving time was consume
Poor Management
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
If you have a poor manager, the job experience will be bad for you. They have very high sales goals. If your manager is not a good, experienced coach, you will struggle to teach yourself what you need to know to get through the job. Upper management has extremely high expectations. Even when you're past your goal, they never stop expecting and badgering you for more. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Needs new managers and human recources
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2018
Everything falls back on management discretion so there is no consistency on Flex time, work from home, promotions and job descriptions. Won't pay for overtime and just tells you to come in late one day within the pay period.
Pros
It's a paying job. There is a cafeteria in the building.
Cons
Location is off the main heart of down town, always caught in sporting event traffic, parking is two city blocks away
great place to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 30, 2018
I worked as a QA tester for the development team, experience on sales and service modules in a completely agile environment. worked on manual and automation testing
Absolutely Hate It
Credit Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2018
Pay is garbage, advancement opportunities are as well. If you enjoy making pennies for the work you do...this is the job for you! Management doesn't know their A-hole from a hole in the ground. Favoritism is rampant, and unless you suck up expect to be passed up for any promotion. Actually got called into my managers office so she could inform me of a 1% raise...laughed in her face. Run away from this position as fast as you can!!!
Relaxed atmosphere
Operations clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2018
Enjoyable and nice place to work, knowledgeable, informative and challenging. A position in the brokerage department, co-workers were great, the interacting with other departments was pleasant.
Good workplace culture.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 20, 2018
Good management. Fair and consistent. This is the type of place you can work for the next 10 to 15 years, The pay is little better than other banks out there.
Pros
Good long term place to work
Cons
Not one of the leaders in technology and new innovations.
Not good place to work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
Not a good place to work. Management is no good. The left hand don't know what the right hand is doing. We are just a number to upper management. Always short handed. One person has to do 3 person job and don't get paid for it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I was well compensated, but had little time for outside of work.
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 9, 2018
The culture at Comerica Bank has significantly changed as many of the tech jobs are being moved offshore and infrastructure moves to the cloud. I hired in as a part time employee and stayed for 25 years, most of which were good years.
Pros
good people
Cons
little work life balance
very successful
Trust Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 8, 2018
Very friendly team player always go an extra mile to help out other. Love to work on new project. Love to listen to problem to help other with other problem.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Professional
LOAN ADVOCATE/LOAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Metro Detroit, MIOctober 1, 2018
confidentiality is a priority..., trustworthy..., customer service focused..., volunteer opportunities..., some flexibility in schedule..., training programs offered...
Good management/ Great benifits
Head teller/CSR/CSR trainer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 29, 2018
I worked as a teller in the beginning and the went to the call center.
Answered 150 calls for balances, order checks, copy of statement and fee questions. Promoted to Team Leader because of ability to perform at that level. I learned everything about being a teller, cashing checks, making deposits, doing cashier checks and many other operations. The Call Center had the best workplace culture. I worked with 3 Managers that were beyond terrific. They truly cared for everyone and always found time to talk to you, if you needed it.
The hardest part of the Team Leader job was taking escalated calls.The most enjoyable was working on a one to one basis training the representatives on how to refer.
Very unorganized and ghetto
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2018
I did not like working here the coworkers and managers are rude and inconsiderate. The customers that visited already had a bad attitude because of previous customer service they experienced here.
productive work place
Returns/Bankruptcy/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48152September 21, 2018
My job is a reliable and safe work place. I currently do data entry . I have been employed here for 17 years and customer satisfaction takes priority in my job.
Pros
relaxed, team building enviornment
Good Company
Commercial Credit Analyst, Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2018
Good company to work for. Was employed by them for 3 years and was provided with lots of opportunity to grow, learn and advance. If our paths crosss again, I would like to work for them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comerica Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight