Comerica Bank Employee Reviews

Good Company
Commercial Credit Analyst, Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2018
Good company to work for. Was employed by them for 3 years and was provided with lots of opportunity to grow, learn and advance. If our paths crosss again, I would like to work for them again.
Comerica is a strong commercial bank
International Trade Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Comerica is a strong bank with an active corporate culture focusing on sensitivity and share holder safety. Credit structure is designed to be constructive to the economies in which the company operates.
Good Experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 14, 2018
Got a good experience and friendly staff to help each other. I almost one year worked there and i learned a lot from different person.
Good atmosphere and learned a lot from senior management
Pros
Good Staff
Banking
Client/Server Operations Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 14, 2018
The department I was in was very busy not enough people.
Good company to work for and great people, like a family in my department.

The hardest part of the job was there was not being enough people.

I enjoyed working with the people everyday.

I would suggest not staying in one department for more than 5yrs that way you gain more skills.
Full of politics!
Senior Asset Based Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2018
Full benefits (health insurance, 401K,....) but all the perks (bonus, Christmas party, even morning coffee...) were cut off! If you disagree something with the boss and follow the chain of command, the higher boss won't listen to you unless you "personally" know him/her more than your boss!
Pros
Full benefits (health insurance, 401K, ...)
Cons
Full of politics, absolutely no perks at all (even morning coffee!)
it is good to stay there for two to three years only
BANKER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78703September 9, 2018
you will not be rewarded for your hard work. i am working hard equal to two people but no raise or promotion. i am mentoring bankers while i am a csr. so i need raise.
Workplace that is stuck in the past
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 8, 2018
So I work in a special program, but from what I can see on a day to day basis, Comerica's technology is stuck in the past and they are hopelessly trying to catch up to their competition. There is a lot of innovation that they are trying to achieve, but recently there have been numerous layoffs in attempts to maintain profitability. As a result, responsibilities are stretched across multiple roles now and there are less people to support its many projects. Advancement? You'll be lucky if you maintain your position if you have not been here for 10+ years, but again even those people were let go in the recent layoffs.

Comerica also has almost zero remote working job placement unless it was specifically agreed to in a contract. Despite this being the era of globalization of workforces, Comerica also requires that all of its workforce and information stay within the United States.

Their technology also is highly obsolete from the glitch-ridden and slow hardware to the antiquated software that they have employees using. For a long while, they maintained workforce management for their call center through Excel and only just now obtained legitimate software of that nature.

Overheard at one of their various town-hall meetings is the phrase "Comerica, bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow," and it fits aptly. Even as a customer, which they force all of their employees to be customers in order to enlist with direct deposit for paychecks, their banking systems are regularly unavailable (at least once a week) and you can expect to have a major outage at least once every
  more... two months if not more frequently.  less
Pros
It pays the bills
Cons
No advancement potential, ambiguous project specifics, obsolete technology, no remote working capability, very few or weak benefits package
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 3, 2018
Comerica is a great place to work, team environment, provides you with the tools to do your job. Flexible hours, promote team work , great benefits, I am a team lead in a call center
Pros
offers snacks
Cons
snacks are not healty
Enjoyable and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 29, 2018
Great team environment. Motivational contests with other branches or other team members. Great opportunities to learn new processes and new jobs, great on promotions from within.
Pros
Great team building environment
Cons
Difficult to open new accounts not enough new customers
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Receivables Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Comerica Bank. I had an awesome manager and was promotion three times to higher position in Trust Real Estate Department. I work with a great team whom displayed open communication skills and personal motivational skills.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Child care reimbursement
CSR/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2018
Ive been at comerica for about 7 years now. I started as a teller and have worked my way up and switched locations once. It's a great place to work, great benefits.
N/a
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2018
Great culture, fun time recruiting. Rigid on structure, can often take a while to get promoted. Loved coming into work every day. Definitely recommended.
Dont have anything to say
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 23, 2018
No answer because this place didn't care about their employees and sells was their main goals not making customers happy. There was no room for better opportunities. The company dont give any good raises and can care less about employees just worried about making money off of customers.
Pros
Vacations
Cons
Never give good raises
Very Professional Organization
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 22, 2018
Professional culture, substantial support and training to employees, good product selection for clients, team work is an important component to corporation
Worst experience ever.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 18, 2018
I really would not recommend Comerica to anyone. HR doesn’t care that management is poor. Not really diverse, I felt uncomfortable everyday. The way the bankers and management basically taught customers how to structure was wild to me, I come from a background of banking and have never in my life dealt with such a company. If you want an easy job, apply but, be ready to do a bunch of things that is not in your job description, deal with incompetent managers, a very outdated system, and
Pros
Off on Saturday.
Cons
Poor management and HR, they do not follow the bsa or federal laws, hires anyone to be a manager without proper training
fun easy and flexible.
job teller (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 17, 2018
great place to work whether it is full time or part time. staff was very friendly, flexible hours and easy tasks. only downfall was trying to upset any additional items.
ok place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 16, 2018
Management is horrible. No work life balance. Nothing interesting about the job. No appreciation is shown for any work you do.Management is horrible. .
Very professionally run and well managed
Trust and Estates Wealth Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Comerica and would recommend this place to someone who is looking for a stable career. There is also opportunity within Comerica which says a lot about the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cannot think of any
Excellent organization. Limited advancement opportunities.
Senior Credit Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 10, 2018
Comerica Bank is a first class organization with ample training and learning opportunities. Unfortunately, opportunities for career advancement are scarce.
Pros
Flexibility, training opportunities, technology
Cons
Scarce career advancement opportunities
I really enjoy my job at Comerica Bank
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Comstock, MIAugust 8, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. The people work as a team and are willing to help our customers with any financial need they have. Management at my banking center is fabulous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comerica Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comerica Bank.