Comerica Bank Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I worked at Comerica for as long as I could stand it. First of all, any sick time you take has to be planned(?) or it counts as "unscheduled" paid time off, which is basically the same as not showing up in their eyes. If you take more than 3 sick days, you get written up. I worked in an office with all males and they were condescending and constantly talked over me. When I finally brought it to their attention in a "lets figure this problem out" way, they started giving me the silence treatment. When I brought this problem to my branch manager, he suggested I sit and speak with them about the way I was being treated (which I told him I had already done) and his next suggestion was to report these people to HR. Being the only woman in the branch, I was not comfortable doing the same thing on a larger scale and expecting things to change or to not be retaliated against. When I brought my issues to another female branch manager she told me "Yeah, sadly that's just the way things are." The pace is very slow but for me was too slow. 75% of your day is spent calling current clients to try and get them to sign up for more services which worked maybe once every 50 calls. My branch manager actually had us start calling clients of other branches in order to try and get more business. All in all, the schedule isn't bad but the work environment was awful. If you have the option, I would look elsewhere.
Pros
easy schedule
Cons
Everything else
Strong bank culture
Private Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Comerica has a strong bank culture but many practices that are not in the client's best interest for a wealth management firm. There are not enough dedicated resources for private bank clients. Most importantly, they do not bring licenses over for their private bankers.
Its a job not a career
Retail (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 14, 2019
Many of the employees came into the company as a teen/ young adult, this is their first and only job. Many are unwilling to embrace change or share their many years of knowledge. Communication is poor much like their attitude towards change. In my experience it's a skill to pretend you're busy.
Pros
If you are agreeable you will become a lifer. Failing upward...
Cons
Lack of leadership.
great learning environment
Chip Reissue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 14, 2019
• Evaluated and validated commercial portfolio credit card programs to reissue microchip enabled cards
• Scheduled, managed, and conducted conference calls through Microsoft Outlook
• Provided delivery and tracking details via UPS carrier
• Processed rejected cards for reissuance
• Conducted quality assurance audits upon successful chip technology conversion
Pros
No holidays
Cons
n/a
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2019
most positions are routine based but employees are able to shadow other positions and network. The workday was not overrun with unnecessary meetings. Clear goals make up for low level of flexibility in the work day schedule
Pros
good managers are able to develop talent from within
Cons
pay scale
Not a fun play to work
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Not the best company to work for. Very traditional and isn’t open to new things. A lot of older employees who are not open to change. Some managers will blackball you.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Not a lot of PTO
Great place to start in financial services
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Sales/Service
• Meet or exceed individual goals for sales and referrals. Provide remarkable customer service through all customer interactions, opening new accounts, problem resolution, assist clients via telephone, safe deposit access, etc.
• Responsible for developing an in-depth knowledge of consumer products and services; cross-selling loans and deposit products to consumer and small business customers and prospects.
• Uncover customer needs through the use of probing techniques and other sales tools.
• Conduct outbound calls by using referral sources, walk-in sources, telephone or in-person calls.
• Actively participate in sales meetings and offer creative ideas.
• Provide transactional customer service, including but not limited to the following: accept and process deposits, withdrawals and payments and handle other over the counter and mail transactions.
Operations
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and Comerica's policies and procedures. Ensure compliance and completion of necessary compliance related training.
• Adhere to all Banking Center audit and compliance standards.
• Control losses by following policies and procedures.
• Accounted for up to 260K in vault assets by following all safety procedures and managing both electronic and paper trails on all cash transfers.
Teamwork
• Proactively assist management with daily activities and all other duties as assigned.
Ideal work place environment
Sr. V.P.-Sr. Financial Consultant/Investments (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Management encourages Team involvement at every level. Very supportive of new hires in terms of inclusion in meetings and open to hearing new ideas. Constructive criticism present in both directions was very positive for entire team.
Stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Poor management stressful and underpaid . Outdated teller systems and outdated branch. Main focus was sells and loans. Rules differ from each branch . Favoritisms for tellers that’s been there for years.
Game day
Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2018
Great teamwork.We worked good together. Comerica offer great classes to develop your skills. They had good retirement plans. Management was very helpful and very accommodating.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health Care

Want to know more about Comerica Bank?

Ask a question
Good place to work but could need consistent training
Bilingual Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2018
Good place to work , good workplace culture. Comerica was a great company to learn banking and provided great opportunities. Management and agents need better training or consistent refreshers.
Work life
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2018
I gained experience in collecting data
I learned data collection techniques

The company had a big problem with the lack of communication with its employees
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
lack of communication
Provides good stable banking for the commnity
Assistant Manager II (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2018
A typical work day was busy depending on the amount of customers and the magnitude of their requests. Most management decision were made with group input. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with their needs. The hardest part of the job was the challenge for robberies at any time.
Pros
Good Compensation for Monthly Goals being met.
Cons
No consideration for economic changes that affecting reaching monthly goals.
Good place for a career
VP Business Unit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2018
Flat organizational structure. Opportunity to demonstrate skills to upper management. Has to work on becoming a better known entity outside Michigan and Texas
Workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 7, 2018
If you have good management and a busy branch, it can be a great place to work. If your branch is slow, you are pressured to create sales constantly. There is way to much gossiping between management throughout the branches.
The company is disorganized and rigid.
Time was very important
General Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2018
My time at Comerica was typical everything was on timed schedule and that help keep the organization within the workplace. Deliveries and or pickups was very important
Lack of Manager's support
Lead Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2018
Lack of support from managers to grow or advance in career, even when you have great potentials and qualifications.

The work environment is slow paced and I love the culture of the bank which is based on Customers' satisfaction and excellence service delivery.
Old world culture
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2018
Sit down, work, don’t present new ideas, anyone who isn’t a white male is overtly ignored and overlooked on several instances since I’ve been here.

I was reprimanded for walking around the building. I was told I was loafing off even though each time was for business related reasons.

If management doesn’t like you, it doesn’t matter how smart you are, or how hard you work you will go no where.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
No future for male minorities unless you can sell in retail
Slow Outdated Systems
Customer Service Rep Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Comerica is the bank from the stone ages and have no signs of changing, upgrading, or keeping up with the times. Their systems need a complete upgrade.
Pros
Cons
Outdated Systems
Loan competiton
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 30, 2018
Great company to work for but the loan rates were not competitive as other Califonia Banks. Friendly branch employees and staff. You can create your own hours as long as you met your loan goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comerica Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight