Comforcare Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic Bosses, cultivate hostile office environment
Care Coordinator, Adams County (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 26, 2018
Unhealthy culture of backbiting, and creating and perpetuating negativity towards staff and amongst co-workers.
After I gave my 2 wks notice to my bosses, they poisoned the entire office staff against me, and treated me hostilely. The pay was good, but the environment was toxic. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. They don't care about the clients, only the profits. You end up working from sun up to sun down, with the bosses never feeling like you're doing enough for them. No support.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic, hostile Employers, toxic office personnel
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2018
Be flexible for shifts and you will get A lot of hours. Also be open to how far you want to travel and you will receive many hours a week.Their is educational reimbursement.And health insurance for those who qualify.
Pros
Gift cards for gas
great
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Lanham-Seabrook, MDApril 17, 2018
Overall is great job is great benefits are good job security is advanced management is the best its always something to do to keep you busy never get in the work if you dont like what you are doing
Loved my clients! No benefits & low pay was the only reason I had to leave. Single mother & couldn't afford to live on that wage
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 9, 2018
Leaving Comforcare was extremely hard because I loved my clients. I couldn't provide for my children on my hourly wage and we didn't have any benefits or PTO. Helping people who couldn't help themselves is my passion! I have a huge heart & it is so sad that this industry can't afford to pay their employees more just to survive. The staff was great and I would recommend the company to those in need of home health care, but when you're working mostly with people on Medicare it's hard to pay your employees a decent salary. Otherwise Comforcare was a great place to work!
Productive and fun
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2018
Loved our in services. They always make you feel like family. I could easily get my schedule changed if needed to. They were always available in the office.
great company but so much heart break
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
working with the elderly is such a rewarding job , but at the same time its heart breaking because you get attached to them and treat them as family.Then comes a day they die ..and thats the only tuff part of the job .Its heartbreaking
Pros
the bonds of friendship you make with your patient and their family
Cons
the day the patient dies so much heart break
Wonderful company!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Best employment opportunity that I have been offered. They have wonderful management and easy hiring process. Would highly recommend to anyone who has experience.
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILJanuary 7, 2018
Had a good experience working for this company. They were very efficient and a pleasure to work for. The coworkers were efficient and always on time. I really would recommend this company.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Caring and giving and flexible place to work
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNOctober 20, 2017
I work with two male individuals, on Monday -Wednesday I would take one male I would only work with him for two hours, I would help him get dress, and take him to work. On Monday and Thursday I have another individual I would assist him by being a companion, I would cook for him, take him out in community, on appointments to the doctors, clean his room, making his bed changing bed sheets, take out trash. I learn to be more compassionate, I learn about some illness, learn about the needs of my clients, and others that I work for. Management has treated me with the up most respect, I have enjoyed working with them. The workplace culture is diverse, the hardest part of the job is working with people who can't help themselves and knowing that they want to and seeing the frustration in there faces when they try. the most enjoyable part is watching them smile, seeing them accomplish there goals.
Pros
Feed us during inservice
Cons
No benfits
Great people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MISeptember 29, 2017
I have fun working for comforcare, for the clients that i had, it is very laid back if you are looking for something not so stressful and easy, it perfect for someone who will enjoy taking care of elderly and disabled people.
great for schooling
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2017
I have worked for this company for about 2 years. I have been with the same client. Comforcare worked with me while I was in school and was very flexible.
Satisfactory work
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 21, 2017
Helping elderly and disabled people in home with daily activities. I learned a lot of patience and time management. The management are very friendly, understanding, and flexible. Hardest part of the job is lifting and transferring patients. Most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of helping others live their best lives possible.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
somewhat unorganized
Hostile, Toxic Work Environment.
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJune 17, 2017
Owner belittles & yells at you, talks about other employees with you. Insults your intelligence in front of other employees. Turn over with personal because of their uncaring attitudes. Employees quit without notice. Your hard work goes unappreciated. Office Manager lies on you to keep herself out of trouble.
Pros
Cons
No benifits, No Vacation Pay, No Appreciation.
Professional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 11, 2017
ComForCare Home Care has the most professional leaders and caring healthcare providers and caregivers. They do sincerely care about their employees and clients.
a good place to work
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 17, 2017
doing what i enjoy taking care of someone that needs a little help.the hrs are what i want and i get to meet alot of different people.i pick the hrs i can work into my busy schedule. the people in the office are very dedecated to our clients as well as us. i do my best to help people adjust to extra care n i put their needs as important n making them feel c0mfortable
Pros
i choose my on breaks
Cons
satisfacation of helping someone
Very stressful.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 7, 2017
My main complaint is that the hours did not work for me. I had just had a baby and was having to work in the middle of the night. There was no way for me to change my hours.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Terrible hours
Nice place to work,friendly staff,and nice cleints.
Field Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WISeptember 19, 2015
A nice place to work,but you have no benefits and if you didn't have any clients you didn't have a job.The pay wasn't very good either.
Pros
Nice staff and clients
Cons
Pay wasn't good and not a secure job
Very flexible hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Goodlettesville, TNJune 16, 2012
Called to peoples home to care for them. No health benefits. Management very nice, just a start up company and she could not give me hours I needed
Pros
patients fun to get to know
Cons
could not get enough hours