Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51K
Found 2,892 reviews matching the search See all 3,143 reviews
Laid back workplace, management was far and few between
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 22, 2018
I would usually work a shift by myself, shifts generally lasting eight hours or more depending on if your relief were to show up. You could end up working a full sixteen hour shift if the relief did not come in, though the pay was fairly decent because of this policy. Management was rarely seen or heard, but they did a good job taking care of the place. I was hired on by a friend and subsequently lost my job due to said friend.
Pros
Free cookies, lots of down time.
Cons
Somewhat low pay, very long hours with no breaks between.
good but no advancement
chief maintenance (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2018
houseman plumbling pipefitting maintenance pool room repairs outside guest unload trucks fix all problems in the motel help house keeping out
Pros
fair
Cons
fair
poor management
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Village, MIMay 21, 2018
it was a great place to work in,but after the new general manager the hotel transferred to the worse place ever ,there were harassment and the general manager didn't do anything about it..after 6 years of working hard no one appreciate it.
Wonderful workplace
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 21, 2018
I love this job, very nice management, great place to work. flexible hours great pay, advancement and raises. Good benefits. Overall great place. Guest friendly
It is a bearable job but some days it just does not feel like a cohesive unit.
Front Desk Employee (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 21, 2018
I actually did like the hotel as a first job it was not stressful. Although it did sometimes have its inconsistencies, which began to sway me into not wanting to exactly be there anymore. Then communication began to fail between coworkers and management, which made it feel like less of a team.
Pros
very chill environment to work in.
Cons
No designated breaks for front desk
Productive and family oriented place to work, and fun
Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 20, 2018
I absolutely love working here, everyone is family Also Everyone wants to know how to make your day go better. They work with your schedule, as long as that you want to work and show up for work when scheduled.there is nothing difficult about this job, Everyone helps everyone, if your running behind, there will be at least two to three co-workers willing to help you get finished. Even the management will get in there and help, I love them, they are awesome, and will do anything in the world for you. Overall a great place to work.
N/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 20, 2018
I cleaned rooms as well as did laundry on certain days. It's simple work and your days go by fast. We have days that are slow but when they pick up it gets pretty busy.
Ugh
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMay 19, 2018
The job and management was great starting out but it offers no benifits, no security, no real advancement, and not really the 5 year plan most are looking for. Great if ur just needing work but not if your looking for a career
Fit my schedule
Front desk agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIMay 19, 2018
Fairly easy job, usually catch up work 2nd shift did not do. I did come out of my shell and learn to speak with guests and help them wherever needed. I learned how to handle complaints as well as compliments. I guess if I selected one thing as the hardest it would be handling unruly drunk guests on Fridays and Saturdays. Enjoyable part would have been meeting people from all over the world (japan, Germany, Canada, France ETC)
Pros
room discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work if you need a job quick.
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 19, 2018
Had this job as a temp job while living out of my home state. It was a good working environment and most of the coworkers there were pleasant enough. Working the third shift/night audit position was enjoyable. Pay was alright. Dealing with upset customers or vagabonds was the worst part of the job but it was an overall relaxing and enjoyable position.
Horrible management
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 17, 2018
There was too much favoritism in this job. I cant speak for other locations. Just this one had alot of drama inside the hotel. See the drop rate of how many people just quit.
cleaning the rooms
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2018
When i was working here i loved cleaning the rooms and making the beds. The restrooms were not that big. It did get busy around January because of new years but i didn't mind i liked staying busy. The didn't take that long to do and I had 12 to 15 rooms a day when I was working there.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short lunch
Horrible
Night Auditor/Front Desk agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 17, 2018
Management is HORRIBLE. They have teenagers running the place. The hotel itself is falling apart. I remember specifically that the roof at the entrance inside the building leaked every time it rained. Leaks through the hotel rooms. DIRTY rooms. Staff is lazy.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything.
not allowed to full fill gm obligation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 16, 2018
owner would not allow operational knowldge to enhance the property. I was consistantly micromanaged. Ihad no input to operations, was moreless a baby sitter
Pros
staff
Cons
owner
Easy going working environment
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here because of the laid back company culture and easy going coworkers I had around me. All comfort Inn hotels may not be like this.
Delightful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 15, 2018
Working at the Comfort Inn & Suites was a delight and I feel as I was treated like family. A day on the job was simple, but challenging to over come the daily communication with strangers and meet their needs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMay 15, 2018
This is a great place to work and stay the suits are beautiful and well kept the staff is friendly and provide quality service, The breakfast is delicious and the front desk manager always has a smile and a freshly baked cookie for the guests.
Pros
close to entertainment, clean
Cons
lack of staff in the evening, a bit pricey unless you have coupon or club discount
No salary or insurance
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMay 15, 2018
Love corporate comfort suites. Did not care for locally owned and management. No insurance or enough finically to maintain for the shifts and responsibilities. I worked over fourth hours no time and a half or raise the first two years. We a great team working any shift and I did maintenance on the hotel. Really love the job but no money or confidence of gaining grow within the management of the local owners hotel. Did not honor there flag over maintain the highest standards due to lack of money and ownership by a individual. We received the gold and platinum awards our team. Time to return to work and build with a great new company.
Pros
Clean great team.
Cons
No healthcare or overtime or raises.
Nice
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 13, 2018
Great worker’s. A typical day is very peaceful and quite. I’ve learned to work at a fast pace and to get the job done on time. The management is awesome. The hardest part about the job is the location, other than no problem’s. Every one welcomed me and helped me through the day. The up and down the stairs is a good work out. No one bother’s you while working. It’s a plus that they are near food place’s and a store. I liked my manager and she assured me a job to come back to.
Excellent management and benefits were great
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 13, 2018
The managment always had an employee's back when needed. Paychecks was never a issue and the benefits helped most employees out. I highly recommend this place of work for anyone looking for a job.