Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 3,418 reviews matching the search See all 3,733 reviews
Unprofessional management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 16, 2019
Alas, the managers were scoundrels. They perched on their branches and guzzled their grogg and their mead. Many rumors afoot of mutany but no one dared.
Pros
managers didnt care about certain things that made the ahift go by quicker.
Cons
lots of sketchy people at night, not a safe hotel to work at during the night. Management didnt take safety concerns seriously.
Nice work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 13, 2019
the work is relaxing, I like the atmosphere and especially my manager is an excellent boss.
overall good place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Felt heard and appreciated by management. Clean work environment. Felt valued. Good Christmas party that included children of employees, and Santa. Good Christmas bonus. Was well trained. Learned a lot of new skills. Great Head Housekeeper at the time. I asked the old GM for a raise everyday for a year, it wasn't until he resigned that I received one.
Pros
friendly staff. good bonus
Cons
no health, dental, or vision insurance, paid poorly
poor managements
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 10, 2019
clock in make sure cleaning cart was stocked with linens towels rags cups toilet paper pads and pens and trash bags and soaps and all plus cleaning supplies to sanitize rooms to satisfy customers standards
Pros
none really
worked nights
Temporary Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Selma, TX 78154February 10, 2019
worked late nights alone, assisting costumers with what they need. management was fair. day to day was usually slow assisting people at night when issues arose
Fast Paced Environment
Account / Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 9, 2019
Opportunity to meet new people daily. Also the opportunity to excel your job skills and develop more. The company is a demanding because this is 24/7 Environment.
Uncoordinated and understaffed at best
Evening Hotel Manager & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Incompetent owner. Everything was run by the GM and managers. The wages were horrible and honestly not all of the housekeepers had their green cards. Sometimes we would be paid in cash and not compensated fairly by state and federal law for overtime.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
Long hours low pay
Long days with little to do
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WYFebruary 6, 2019
Good place to work but days could be very boring with a lot of standing around while working at front desk. Could be made better by staying productive with other things such as homework or cleaning.
Experience 3 to 5 years
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 6, 2019
Make beds dust vacuum say 10-20 rooms and if done with ur borad u can help others I think comfort Inn is a very nice company to work for I never really had a problem with comfort Inn or any other employees I think I'm free in will be a great job to work at you get the line know your employees and I know some of your usual customers
Comfort Inn has changed its name since I last worked there.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCFebruary 5, 2019
I was expected to return to work 3 days after I had my son. I worked 7 days a week and when I had to cover other shifts, I still had to work mine. Family owned and they only hired certain people for certain positions at the time I worked there.
Pros
You got a discount when you stayed at another choice hotel on vacation.
Cons
Needed better pay for the hours worked.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 4, 2019
As a Front Desk Agent, I quickly learned the entire hotel operation. I would recommend anyone willing to learn about hotels to work at Comfort Inn and Suites.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Short Breaks
Comfort Inn Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I wa a waitress, hostess, cashier, cook, housekeeper, front desk helper.I enjoyed working there because I enjoyed meeting all new people visiting the Hotel And Restaurant. I greeted everyone with a smile and communicated with everyone. Hardest part was when we were short staffed.Catered a lot of parties.
Pros
We received 2 fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch.
Cons
Making a rude customer feel better about their day.
Horrible Management/Owners
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chisago City, MNFebruary 4, 2019
Poorly ran, management is bad, lacks professionalism. High school setting, management company HORRIBLE, pays employees $10.00hr. and expects professional rooms, when front desk and manager are lazy
Pros
Cons
Management/Owners/Management Company
Bad place to work.....
Guest Services Agent/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Apalachin, NYFebruary 4, 2019
I cannot think of any team member that enjoyed working at the Comfort Inn. The management team did not treat staff well and did not have the appropriate items on site for staff to do their jobs.
Pros
Meeting new people/customers.
Cons
Place was not a good job to have.
Very interesting
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 2, 2019
You'll meet many nice people from all over. At times there will bebstress . But i had a lot of good times and love the business of hospitality. I miss it andbwould love to get back in. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Ownership
Good Experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MEFebruary 2, 2019
The job itself is repetitive as you'll be cleaning hotel room after hotel room, but the people aren't bad to work with and management is even better.
Everyone is supposed to leave at the same time so if you fall behind, your coworkers will come to help you out and if you are ahead of schedule, you help out your coworkers. There's a lot of individual work but teamwork is essential.
Pros
Lenient with breaks
i loved working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 30, 2019
loved my job but had to leave because of health issues that prevented me from completing job tasks that was my responsibilty so i voluntarily left to take the slack off the other girls and someone new could take my place
Working her for almost 2 years felt taking advantage more and more everyday
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLJanuary 29, 2019
I like what I do coustmer service is what I do check people in and out . Taking payment and helping guest with what they need . Job was only 6 min from my house and super convenient. Pay wasn’t terrible but I work 6 days no action days no sick days no benefits and not chooose of my shedual taking days off was a battle and management is very poor there’s only one manger from everything
Pros
Convenient 6 min away from my house
Cons
No bengints, no over time, one days off
Job life
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Its a nice environment. Friendly guests and employees. Little hours of work. Not enough benefits. My honest opinion is that it was a nice experience to learn something. But its' not something I want in my career life.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Not enough pay
Slow-Pace, Horrible Management
Breakfast Host | Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2019
I worked there for about 4-5 months and it was great for awhile but recently after getting use to the job I became faster at JT and finished my task more faster and efficiently, although my boss didn't enjoy that I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight