Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels
68Average

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
good experience , I learned alot from it and gained most of my customer skills here. Working here made my realize that customer service is more than a smile, it is about understanding the guest !
That hotel is nasty 🤢 they got bed bugs and prostitution And the owner know all of this he to cheap to take care of this hotel they need to shut down ! They always repairing rooms the heat don’t stay on customer always complaining about noises!
Terrible experience . Low pay. No break working for long periods of time. I like the workers but company it's too cheap to pay their employees. The owners too cheap.
VERY VERY VERY Horrible place to work. The ownership "Capitol Investments" is horrible and does care about it's employees or the property. They are rude and very disrespectful.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Extremely busy and rewarding
Only 7 miles from Washington DC, always have something exciting going on with the people coming to tour the DC area.

Made lifelong busy clients
Pros
Friendships
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The managment always had an employee's back when needed. Paychecks was never a issue and the benefits helped most employees out. I highly recommend this place of work for anyone looking for a job.
The staff members are wonderful but there is no place for advancement within this company. Lack of respect from some of the management and professionalism.
i do not want to leave a comment about this company i work here; they system is making me leave a comment..
they need to pay more and care about the guest and staff
Pros
manager has open door
Cons
never get breaks
I set up breakfast and tore it down at the end of the breakfast hours.
I enjoyed meeting people and attending to their wants and needs.

Many times I had to replace items that were eaten up.

I had many positive experiences there.
Pros
The manager made Xmas a great event by giving wonderful gifts.
Cons
I couldn't get more the $11 an hour and was suggested by the manager to look for something else.
count money, run reports, greet guests-answer questions or concerns. listen to complaints and choice best option to fix, assign rooms, look at incoming reservations, look to see if any check outs need additional attention. Work reports. Enter groups for upcoming dates. Run billing- email who needs to be invoiced. Coordinate with housekeeping on guests with concerns or who is staying late or over. Delegate to maintenance on task for the day. Answer and direct all 3 phone lines. Make keys for incoming guests and order gift shop items.
Pros
the guest.. interacting with them
Cons
no benefits, low pay
You get no breaks or lunches unless the general manager schedule adequate coverage. which she only schedule 1person for the front desk per shift. Which 90 percent of the time no one else is available to cover you for breaks.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
no breaks and lunches
Ownership takes a personal interest in wellbeing of Team Members. Owner works on property in conjunction with GM and helps mentor team.
Tenured Hotel satff pulls together as a family !
Pros
Cons
Older Property
Doing this job in a an excellent environment with a highly professional team. Here, everyone can have a promotion. I am a part time employee, therefore, I do not have many chances.
Pros
Have free meals and coffee/tea during working hours. Also, have the privilege of having room reservation at lower rate for employees.
Cons
There is no health care benefit in this hotel.
Always exciting to come to work.
I always learn to keep a smile on my face, no matter what.

The management is great, could be more consistent.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is making everyone else problem my own.

I enjoy going above and beyond for guest, and seeing how happy something so big or small can be.
Pros
holiday pay, healthcare
Cons
short on supplies, management
It was fun a different environment had a blast learning the system and how they work got to meet pleanty of new people o. A daily bases
This hotel has a team players all of Us work together to provided great guest satisfaction. It is a great satisfaction to be part of this team.
A typical day at work would include assisting guests and checking them in and out of rooms. attending phone calls, working with computer reservation system, booking reservations and billing guests as necessary. I learned how to keep calm in situations where guests were not compliant. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing positive feed back from guests and receiving additional recognition for excellent customer service.
Pros
great manager
Cons
healthcare
I worked overnights as a night auditor. I have learned how to manage my time to accompany to guests and other staff members.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
limited healthcare, no pay raise
great place
work depends on what time of the day one is working. great management. flexible hrs.as of now i think the staff has changed since i worked there
A typical day at comfort inn was 9 to 5pm. I learned the voicing your opinion makes a difference there. The general manager listens and do what they say to keep employees happy. a Google perks plus business.

Management works together well and everybody's not pressured.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the Google perks.

These is not the best wages to balance life.
Drive van to pick up/deliver customers to/from airport. Perform other duties, such as: move items to/from rooms, keep walkway to building clean of leaves and debri. Learned how to deal with people of different diversities. My co-workers are easy to work with as is management. The hardest part of the job is moving items such as refrigerators. Most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers.
Pros
Like driving
Cons
Schedule changes, low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight