Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

good
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYFebruary 27, 2018
good place to work. stays busy, staff is friendly, management is very good and works with you. would go back for higher pay and benefits at least. 3 stars
For the most part, I enjoyed the job.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 27, 2018
I loved meeting new people from all over the country. Long term and return guest were my favorite because it allowed you to get to know them better. Management was lacking.
Pros
Meeting new people
Nice place
Night Auditor & Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 27, 2018
Nice atmosphere, not stressful, guest and coworkers are easy to get along with. The only stressful time (even then it is minimal) is when there is a convention or school event and the hotel is sold out.
Fun place to work, always meeting new people.
Laundry/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 27, 2018
Very fast paced work which i like. The employees were nice to work with, always willing to help a hand if needed. Management was great. Would of stayed longer but wasn't getting the wage or hours i needed to live.
Pros
Fast paced work.
Cons
Not enough pay or hours.
Fun place to work enjoyed who i worked for and how the company was run
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 27, 2018
I worked night audit,it was easy,laid back I worked 5 days a week.and ot if necessary.They have different owners now but my experience with the past employers were excell6
Pros
Laid back
Loved it
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, NEFebruary 26, 2018
My overall experience was nice . Met alot of people from all over the United States was always something new. I found myself excited to go to work. The manager was not bugged or annoyed by questions I had even after working there a little while . Very much family welcomed
Pros
Different people all the time
Cons
Wish it would have paid more so I could pay bills
Managment was wonderful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my job starting out, the management and staff was very friendly and willing to train the right way. The job was very easy to learn and the system was easy. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked swing shift 3-11 which was hard on my personal life and no breaks since you are the only one working there at the time. It was a little nerve wracking being a female and working the late shift alone because of the location and a lot of people would come in and out.
fun but stressful
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 26, 2018
if you like to clean this is the job for you
can be hard on busy days
people are very friendly and fun to be around
no structure
not very organized
Pros
friendly and understanding staff
Cons
low staffed, never kept employees
Words cannot fully explain
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Manager was never there except when owner showed up. Delegated all his duties to asst mgr who basically ran the hotel. Owner, lazy and didnt follow policies.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Too long to list here...
Stressfree work place. Go at your own pace. Long as you finish your rooms on time.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Busch Gardens, FLFebruary 25, 2018
I think you should at least get paid 10 hour or more. You can sometimes be cleaning a dirty room that needs extra attention too. Sometimes you may have an easy room. Not much cleaning as others. I think for the troubles of cleaning some nasty rooms you need to be paid more. Especially with the bending, pulling and lifting things.
Pros
Discounts on stays at hotels/ motels
Cons
N/a
was a good work place for the most part, had its ups and downs but i like my job there
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 25, 2018
i enjoyed working at comfort inn i knew my job very well and was good at it. loved working with my mangers and front desk staff. it did have its ups and downs, when it become slow season for housekeeping but over all i liked my time working there.
Good Introduction Job to Hospitality Industry
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Working at Comfort Inn and Suites was a good introduction job into the hospitality industry. As a front desk associate, I had the responsibilities of checking people in and out, creating and canceling reservations, calling other hotels on their availability, helping out guests with luggage and room problems, etc. While this was a great learning experience, it wasn't all the fun to deal with. People who would come to the hotel would come down to the front desk all the time to complain to me about brownish stains under the toilet seats, black ash coming out of the air conditioning, being locked either in or out of their rooms due to faulty card readers or deadbolts, and constant wifi problems. All these issues were because of insufficient funding to fix the problems, and so nothing would be fixed resulting in me dealing with the backlash of guests at a constant rate. The management team at this hotel were great and were their to help in anyway.
Pros
Only 5 minute drive from where I live
Cons
You sometimes get horrible guests to deal with
Productive Work Place
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2018
Very easy job, quick pace, nice staff. There was not a steady schedule but opportunity to work additional hours. Training was pretty easy as well. Good part time or starter job
Pros
A lot of hours during the spring and summers
Cons
pau
I love working with the public.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAFebruary 23, 2018
Working for hotels is a very complex job. Normal daily duties are normal, however each encounter with the public is so unique. I loved working with guests and making sure their stay was exceptional.
Pros
Working with public
Cons
No benefits
housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
some days are good is ok work with new people clean up rooms and see new people com from all the world to see Cleveland Ohio and enjoy there stay here and want to come back the hard part is sometime people are to mess in there rooms they leave it looking crazy sometime that the hard part about this job i would like to some day go back years from now that all i have to say about the comfort inn and management always did good job to on there end i can say
Great Place to Work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Sylva, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I loved working at Comfort Inn. A typical day for me as a front desk associate was about 8 hours. I interacted with guests and members of other departments. Everyone is really nice to work with and you can always go to them if you have an issue with anything. Management is fantastic. They always try their best to make sure you are equipped with the items and knowledge you need to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints from guest. Sometimes thing go wrong that isn't your fault, but you are the one there so sometimes a guest will blame you. It's hard but it is manageable. The greatest thing is getting to meet some really great people and working with great people too.
Great job overall
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at comfort inn. Everyone who worked there was friendly. It was a very long time and long haul job. People were great. I would not have wanted to work anywhere else.
Pros
Great people
awesome
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, OHFebruary 21, 2018
loved my coworkers. loved getting to meet new people here on pipelines and gas and oil projects. always had something to keep yourself busy. friendliest owners ever
Clean & stable environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Darien, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Very clean and well maintained hotel. Hotel also has wonderful management & staff members. They are affordable, clean & laid back relaxing environment. They offer a breakfast bar in the mornings as well as an outdoor swimming pool area. Very safe location next to many fast food areas for your convenience.
enjoyable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I did enjoy working here. fast paced work. learned different parts to housekeeping. management was helpful. nice coworkers. beds were hard to make. did a variety of jobs