Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,840 reviews matching the search See all 1,924 reviews
personal assistant
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 19, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at Comfort Keepers. My time there was a life time experience, love meeting new people, talking to them and make them have a better day every day. I wish the pay was better and have some opportunity to grow.
Pros
Relaxed scheduled
Cons
low paid
Great place to work. Flexible hrs. Great staff and co-workers.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2018
Great staff and co-workers. Great place to work. Lots of support from both staff and co-workers. Flexible hours and employee incentives, such as gas cards, employee recognition, etc. Family and clients are awesome.
Pros
Gas cards, prizes, employee recognition
Great management
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA 17701July 16, 2018
The management was great, and worked with your schedule. If you did not feel comfortable at a client's house they found a different client for you. The pay could be better.
Pros
Cons
Pay
It was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 16, 2018
It was an OK job I loved working with our customers, and I like working alone doing housekeeping. It was ok but they messes my check up and they had problems so they got new owners.
Pros
It was Ok sometimes
Cons
The management
Care giver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 15, 2018
I would have to assist residents with showering, housekeeping, transporting them to doctor appointments, or running errors for the. I learned to appreciate the little things in life. Management, they were ok. I would get called off work, then find out they sent someone else in my place. Culture I am uncertain. Hardest part of job, get attached to clients, then they pass away. Most enjoyable part of job knowing I made a difference with someone
Pros
flexible hours
Ok Place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2018
People are nice, not the best pay, but overall if you like working as a caregiver it is a good job. The clients could be tough but staff is pretty nice
Change, Change, Change
HR (Former Employee) –  WIJuly 12, 2018
The mission of the company is wonderful however there is constant upheaval. Very challenging place to operate successfully. Transient workforce, emotional client situations, pressure to meet goals.
Pros
great colleagues, autonomy, flexibility, opportunities for advancement
Cons
.compensation mediocre for what is expected, lots of grey area, frustration
Care Giver
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJuly 12, 2018
Taking care of some one can be a vary tiering and wear on the body, but if you have the patients and like caring for people and have the patient then it can be fun and become a natural.
Pros
Loveng your job
Cons
Being good at what you do
Nice place to work.
Caregiver/HHA (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 12, 2018
Nice place to work. You meet many different people, only thing bad I could say is that... I wish they would take care of their workers a little better. Often times their would be problems with the workers and the clients and in their eyes the client is ALWAYS right. Which is NOT true or right. They don't give you a chance to let them know what's going on. Another thing the workers really do a lot with some of the clients and they don't get paid very much at all.
Pros
Nice clinets
Cons
traveling and the pay.
Overall good company.
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 11, 2018
I have enjoyed working with the various clients through Comfort Keeper. They have been there for me when I had to take time off for different family matters or personal time. You make your own schedule. Hours are always available. I don't like how they do the pay scale, but that's a whole other story.
Pros
Quality training
Cons
Pay
Clients are great
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 10, 2018
Clients are wonderful, scheduling can be a pain for both caregiver and clients. You don't always get to have the same clients so you go to new clients houses quite often.
Wonderful organization
Part Time Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2018
CK is caring towards all, caregiver and the people we care for. They work with us to accommodate our needs and the needs of the client. If you love helping people and being a companion, it is a great company to work for.....strong training and support.
Boring workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people. So I enjoyed my job. Just get boring when. You there and have nothing to do til it's feeding time. Overall a good job and company.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No breaks
I like playing cards with her
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 9, 2018
My day at the clients house its goes pretty fast. I get the client up for the day. She gets to the restroom to clean her self when she doesn't want a shower. And then I start preparing her breakfast. And the i do what she wants me to do
Pros
I do her breakfast
Stressfull type of employment but great office support
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
Training was very plentiful with office staff backup always available.
Taking care of seniors with major health issues such as dementia and alzheimer's takes an enormous amount of patience and compassion. Typical day with a patient involved bathing, dressing, feeding, medication reminders , shopping, paying bills and trying to keep the environment and their mood as upbeat and positive as possible. Planning outings, events and doctor appointments. Transporting patient to appointments and visits with friends and family was very important to enable the patient to still have a sense of freedom and independence. The best part of the job is the ability to give the patient quality of life just by being yourself and being with them. The worst part of the job was watching them decline and eventually pass away.
Pros
The smile on their face when they saw you.
Cons
the low rate of pay, no paid overtime and no benefits
Poor place too worknot enough pay or hours
Office (Former Employee) –  MuskegonJuly 8, 2018
Not a good place too work you never get hardly any hours pay is not good no chance of advancement.show favoritism too people that they like. Can't never get a day off they have a excuse why not too give it too you.there office staff has no experience they also dress unprofessional.
Pros
Nothing pro about it
Cons
Bad place
The company is no good their can't keep a office manager
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 8, 2018
The paycheck bounded very little clients plus their can't keep a office manager or employees I would not tell anyone that their are hiring. No way would I very go back there
Productive and fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 8, 2018
Excellent and very helpful staff, management and supervisors. Basically you feel like a family member there. I highly recommend for anyone who loves to care for others
Good company reputation in the industry.
Caregiver to Senior Citizens (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 7, 2018
Everyone I have come in contact with in management in this company has been personable, reliable & devoted to their work. A great placement agency in the community.
Pca
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJuly 6, 2018
had the ability to meet several differantl people, care for their needs and see to it that they were confortable within their own homes. Did activities, conversed with family members and got to know each client on a personal level. My boss was great and always saw to it I had work. She would send me to the newest clients due to her faith in me and my ability to care for the clients and train others who came in behind me. Her love and compassion for the job easily rubbed off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight