Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers insights

Based on 2,043 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Respectful and understanding of employee needs

Featured review

Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Comfort Keepers feels like one big family. Scheduling Is very good. Job offers are great. Would highly recommend KC for work and services. Great working atmosphere

Pros

Much work

I enjoyed working with the seniors

Best part about working with this company is being able to get a hold of someone if you need help. The clients are great. I highly recommend the company

Great work culture, friendly staffs

The company is great, the hours our flexible and the company often goes out of their way to work with your schedule. The work environment is awesome.

The clients were really nice

Not a good company to work for, the pay was horrible and never got a 40 hour work week. Would work 3 or 4 hours then went home for the day. The one good thing about the conpany was the clients. All the clients that I worked for were really nice.

Underpaid

Little benefits with unfair compensation for office staff and caregivers. No flexibility for start and end time for office staff. No options for remote work. No career growth

You’re basically doing three jobs in one: nurse, cook, maid, but barely compensated. 60 hour work weeks.

Management doesn’t care for their workers, so look out for that. Called in at the last minute VERY often and they expect you to say yes. The pay does not equal the amount of work you will likely be doing here, it’s a tough job and the fact management only sees you as another worker, makes it harder.

Cons

No lunch breaks since you’re expected to be with your patient at all times

I think this company is a great place to work

If you don't have any experience working g with patients ,this a good starting g point to familiarize yourself with the skills you will need to go into nursing or to be able to provide caregiving for a family member

Pros

Can have some control over your schedule

Cons

A lot of driving

At comfortable keepers management doesn't care about employees needs and they aren't flexible and they will put u on assignments that you aren't comfortable with and then put u at fault for something wrong. This is not a good company and pay isn't good for the work you have to do!

Best part was flexibility and I am free to work on my own. Being able to move about freely inside and out and not be stuck in a office

Clients are great. Management changed a lot throughout my 3 years. Never knew my supervisor very well.Training was often required through online . In person training or meetings were maybe once a year

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Lack of communication between the management and clients. Pay rate.

Caregiver

They really don’t care about the workers. They just want to be sure that they have someone to fill the position. The manager is very rude and has a tacky attitude. You NEVER talk to the owner he’s always clueless on what’s going on. The assistant is wonderful and shows you how much she appreciates you. I wouldn’t advise ANYONE to work here

New employees beware

This company was great until it was sold. When new management took over, it became a hostile environment and an overall disappointment. The quality of care dropped significantly and the staff are treated poorly.

It is a good place to work pay Ch would be better. They care about their employees and their patients.

I liked working at Comfort Keepers it was a great experience. I cared about my patients they I had and their families. The coworkers at Comfort Keepers were great. My Supervisor there was the best ever.

Not a favorite.

*They have their favorites and it is obvious by the schedule. *Advancement is near impossible unless you know somebody.*Raises are given annually and it is by percentage only.*Overworked and Underpaid. *Complaints are heard but, nothing ever changes.*Lack of communication on the office part.*They give you shifts that you did not request. (12s, weekends, evening, overnight)

Terrible Management

Comfort Keepers located in Citrus Heights lacks respect for their caregivers and essentially just need warm bodies to place on assignment. They do not ensure the safety of those they employ nor do they value personal time. High pressure to accept any and all shifts with a threat of repercussions should a caregiver decline a shift and manipulative behavior by recruiting to push you away from potential opportunities with other care agencies. I would highly suggest taking your expertise elsewhere and seeking an organization that values you as much as they value the hourly rate they charge clients.

Great company

Great company to work for! During my interview they were super understanding of my situation and had no problem working with me. The pay Is good and I choose my availability.

Great staff/management

The best part is that you can set your own schedule and they GLADLY will work with you, starting pay could be more but overall a great job, best work schedule and the best clients.

The management is great!

I loved working there with my management but I was at the homes mostly and working with the elderly just wasn't the job for me, management was so understanding and helpful with the stress and health of their employees!

Pros

Great staff

After leaving a big Corp wanted to work at a small company where was not treated like a number but found out quickly it was not a good fit for me!

At first I thought was going to be a good place to work, a small company where I wouldn't be just a number. Ended up going through drama with them over them not putting their clients best interests first and decided it was not the right place for me! I felt like company or owner only cared about money and one reason why is they wanted me to go to a client's home with a 102 fever even after telling them pretty sure had contracted Covid and did, but was told to just double Mask and glove like that would somehow protect my client who was already a paraplegic with other health issues. Reported this type of behavior to health department and hopefully it will be resolved!

Wonderful Company and clients

Love Comfort Keepers! Scheduled me at my preference and locations. Enjoyed the clients and helping them as well as keeping them comfortable and active.

Absolutely a horrid company

There are no benefits. You are worked like a work horse and not a valued employee. They punish you if you miss three days no matter how long you've been there even if its an emergency. No benefits, sick time, PTO, grievance pay, and no opportunities for advancement. Their patients do not get the proper care needed. You are not valued whatsoever. There are no breaks or flexibility.

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pros

Cons

Long shifts Terrible management Can't call out

Fun meeting new clients

I've worked with this company along time .very understandable company and understanding Their for my needs as well as a employee I would work this company again in the future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight