Comfort Keepers
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 3,590 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Comfort Keepers feels like one big family. Scheduling Is very good. Job offers are great. Would highly recommend KC for work and services. Great working atmosphere
Pros
Much work
Very flexible but sometimes I feel like schedules do not allow have workers best interest in mind. They also just changed their pay scale so workers no longer get more money for hard shifts. They instead receive a flat rate based on how well you follow their rules. They are not always clear with their policies. It gets very upsetting when your shift gets canceled​ at the last minute.
Cons
they don't pay for milage, a lot of loop holes
Not that of a secure job, you get hours and sometimes families cancel out of the blue. The management will throw you under the bus if they make a mistake. The pays is minimum wage and no benefits. Which will be find if you're not the main bread winner in your household and just looking for some extra income, it gives you some introduction to the medical field. So if you want to build your skills and resume or get any feel of the medical field.
Pros
Flexibility, entry position of medical field.
Cons
Management throw you under the bus.
I would never recommend no one to work here the management is very poor there disrespectful they play with your hours and money they don’t care about your personal life or thing you have going on my whole 5 months with then was terrible
Started there and things went good for a week until I got my covid vaccination and had to call out bc I physically could not go in with the side effects I was experiencing.... Then I was fired. They were aware I was getting my second shot. And being in the health care field I assumed they would understand that the vaccine came with the possibility of severe side effects. Unfortunately that didn't matter. Working in the office I heard complaints about people being sick or changing their availability and called lazy and have rude things said about them. Overall VERY unprofessional work environment and company who doesn't value their clients safety nor their employees.
Pros
They had coffee.
Cons
Everything else.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Worked here for 4 years and still make less that 10$ an hour. Mandatory 12 days on, 2 off. So you only get 4 days off a month. They call you night and day to pick up more shifts with helpless older people. It’s so sad really.
Pros
Morally rewarding
Cons
Low wages, 4 days off a month
I only have one complaint about this company and that is there are no raises or bonuses given. I’ve worked here for years without receiving anything other than one raise because minimum wage went up. Other than that nothing! I would like a year assessment and quarterly or yearly raises or bonus to show appreciation.
I am excited for my journey as a caregiver for comfort keepers.Mrs.Katelyn did a amazing job with a orientation i gained so my knowledge and it was very helpful.
I'm a caregiver and currently just got into the office working part time, helping out. I've learned all the different clients, their wants, needs, personalities, and what they could and can't do. I realized some want more companionship, others need breakfast/cooking, cleaning, or even running errands. I've learned a lot in the office with scheduling, answering phone calls, and doing paperwork. The management staff is so supportive, and very understanding. I don't have a hard part about my job, I enjoy all of it!
A typical day has me visiting with and providing care for persons needing some extra help.Since day one I have felt right at home with my coworkers. I feel comfortable asking questions and am supported by management in a way that makes me feel valued and appreciated.
Pros
Autonomous position where I decide what days and hours I want to work, I work with more than one client in a day, the care provided and length of stay varies with each, I'm fulfilling a need for my client and their family, I get to hear the wonderful stories of their lives, management can't be beat
Orientation great, training has me eager to start , great people to work with, pay rates are acceptable. I think this would be a great job with benefits.
Comfort Keepers is a great company with great values. The management at this branch is amazing, they always strive to make sure you feel appreciated. There is definitely room for improvement, though. I think that caregivers deserve to get paid more & management could be better at respecting the days & times you set aside for working. The work/ life balance is not there but other than that, it’s a good company to work for.
Comfort keepers is a good company to work for. Just like every job out there it has its good and bad situations but, the good out weighs the bad by a lot! Management does do their best to communicate and show appreciation as much as they can. I have been with comfort keepers for about a year now and I’ve been matched with really good clients. The pay is pretty good for the work that is completed. I would highly recommend comfort keepers to those who are looking for a position in home health that have a little experience. Comfort keepers does alright with providing trainings to learn new things from as well as refreshing already known information.
I can work as much or as little as I want with a wide variety of clients. Management works to make good fits with employee and client. I enjoy having regular clients on an ongoing basis, plus can always pick up more hours if desired. Most clients are very appreciative of my work with them. As an industry, home health aides are underpaid, but CK is working to increase pay and be a competitive employer.
I loved my job, I loved my clients. I didn't mind picking up extra shifts when offered. I really enjoyed my job. I couldn't ask for a better job. This was my favorite job because of the people I worked with.As with any it is what you make it. It isn't about money so much when take on this kind of work.
Pros
Very heartfelt.
Cons
The video online training very slow.
Going to clients homes companionship, Medication, Reminder. Non- Medical Errands. Depend on client needs. It was and honor working there. I do recommend as a company to work for.
The lack of professionalism with upper management is unbelievable.I personally felt unappreciated.,not valued. Often times Management favored with a particular group.Only the strong survive with is company.
Pros
My two former co-workers.
Cons
Lack of professionalism with upper management
Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. Management is horrible. Extreme turn over due to the poorly ran company. I have worked in professional settings for years and this was by far the biggest joke.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Micro managing, high turnover, poorly ran company
They really care about people and treat their caregivers well like they want you to be successful. You get to work with lots of clients or some people just want one client. Office people are super nice and helpful and they know so much about helping seniors.
Pros
They listen, give pto, reward you when you do extra, have flexible hours.
Cons
They don't always have clients near me and sometimes I have to drive a long way if I want to work
Owner is inspiring to work for and she heavily involved day to day! Leadership team has been amazing to work with and the caregivers are compassionate and incredible.
Pros
mission, values
Cons
tough client situations
people are friendly, happy to help , and enthusiastic.company gives care to the elderly so they can remain in their own home as thriving secure people
Pros
cash bonus incentives
  1. Employee Reviews