Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 2,155 reviews matching the search See all 2,251 reviews
Be prepared for 24/7
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 5, 2018
The franchisee I worked for had extremely high turnover in every position. There is always a reason for that, so be forewarned.

The demands of the position changed significantly several times during my short tenure. The phone rang 24/7 even if it wasn't your turn on call. There is no balance of work/home life and compensation in no way reflects the sheer amount of hours required. Caregivers are frequently unreliable, call out often and resign at the drop of a hat. Franchise owner hires and fires on a whim. Your loyalty will NOT be reciprocated.
Pros
Developing relationships with seniors and their families.
Cons
24/7 on call, deceptive bonus structure, no work/life balance
Great place to work for
Personal Care Aide and Companion Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
Low paying for what a care giver does. Caring for clients is worth a lot more than what the pay is. Raises are not fairly distributed. Miss 3 days out of the year and you get no raise. If you do get a raise your lucky and it’s only cents not dollars.. some care givers are still
Making what they started with and have been with CK for years...
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low paying job for the amount of things caregivers do
Need new general manager
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 27, 2018
The company is a good place to work. But the General Manager is a Monster. Very stressful. It has to be the General Managers way or no way. Does not care about employees at all. Back stabbing going on all the time. They need better management and benefits for there employees. Better pay for there caregivers. They are way underpaid for what they do and they have to drive there own car and are not compensated enough for that.
Pros
Owner was great.
Cons
General manager was a monster.
Can be fun at times, but mainly stressful.
Companion/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 10, 2018
The work is stressful at times, not really any benefits, pay is lower than most other jobs, the staff is nice in the office. Not much room for advancing unless you do it yourself. Paychecks are picked up at the office unless you have worked there for a considerable amount of time then your allowed direct deposit. Overtime is pretty hard to get unless the office really needs you they don't like to give you overtime. Very small amount of paid time off. You can pick up open shifts.
Pros
Friendly office staff
Cons
Not great benifits, very little time off, alot of stressful situations
Flexible schedule, many clients to choose from
CNA/ caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 10, 2018
After working for Comfort keepers for 10 years i earned less then $3 rase. There's no extra pay for weekends. No retirement benefits. They took away the client i loved with less then a day notice and instead offered me cases that didn't fit my schedule. When i refused, they terminated me but refused to pay unemployment saying that i quit. I'm grateful for the clients i met and experience i gained. But many clients complained that company don't care about people, and i could see it for myself.
Pros
Extra pay for holidays, christmas bonus, gloves supply, flexible schedule, many clients to choose from
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no monetary recognition, people come and go all the time
Wonderful people to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Johns Creek Comfort Keepers are amazing people who are open to working along side their employees. They are humble and down to earth. Its an amazing way to get into healthcare because they make it obvious they care a great deal about their employees and treat us like family!
Pros
flex hours, choice of jobs and radius keeps driving to a limit
Cons
pay is low for work performed, no insurance or benefits
Great working environment
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland, INDecember 12, 2018
Productive working environment, flexible working schedule, compassionate management, steady consistent work,great working atmosphere, overall it's a great working place wish they would provide benefits in a little more hourly wage
Cons
No benefits, call offs have to find their own replacement
Great company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 6, 2018
Comfort Keepers is a great company to work for. It one of the best I have ever worked for by far. Money is not as important to me as a piece of mind. I enjoy...love the work I do! Comfort Keepers cares about their employees. They have usable benefits. They put employees first! They have flexible scheduling. The will also keep you working if you care to work. This is a company to finish your work years with and I will.
Stressfull type of employment but great office support
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
Training was very plentiful with office staff backup always available.
Taking care of seniors with major health issues such as dementia and alzheimer's takes an enormous amount of patience and compassion. Typical day with a patient involved bathing, dressing, feeding, medication reminders , shopping, paying bills and trying to keep the environment and their mood as upbeat and positive as possible. Planning outings, events and doctor appointments. Transporting patient to appointments and visits with friends and family was very important to enable the patient to still have a sense of freedom and independence. The best part of the job is the ability to give the patient quality of life just by being yourself and being with them. The worst part of the job was watching them decline and eventually pass away.
Pros
The smile on their face when they saw you.
Cons
the low rate of pay, no paid overtime and no benefits
Highly Unrecommended
Nevada County Representative (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 27, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. The Owner is not fair with wages or employee compensation. He does not believe in raises, even if you have been with the company for many years. There are no employee incentives. They do not train there employees properly before placing them into the homes. I would not recommend anyone work for this company.
great company to work for
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 8, 2018
I highly recommend this company to work for, I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat, I loved working for them, excellent benefits, great bosses, excellent training seminars, keep you up to date on all you need to know about your patients and their needs, great pay, excellent move possibilities, just a great overall company to work for.
Pros
very good insurance, great hours, god pay
Save your time.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 18, 2018
I’m a current worker. Honestly the pay is unfair. It isn’t enough for what we do. At all. Aides started at 9.50 & cna I believe 10 or 10.50. If you’re anything else below those you’re most likely gonna get 8.05 or 8.50.
You only get a raise of a few cents every year. The raise you get is 2% of your wage. (And that’s if you didn’t call off more than 3 times or have been tardy a lot)
I’ve never had a vacation and anytime I’ve asked to talk to someone about it they ignore my emails. Scheduling team only cares about themselves and add things to your schedule without telling you.. and when you contact them about it.. you receive their attitude. When you speak to anyone higher up, the scheduling team seems to hide their faces and put the blame on the ACTUAL workers while they sit on their butts all day and lie about us hard working caregivers.
They either fire a lot of office staff members or those previous workers finally realized what a horrible place it was to work in and left.
They OVERWORK you any chance they get. Or you make no hours. There’s no in-between. There’s no balance.
I’m only still working here because I’m still searching for a better job and I have a client i just can’t seem to leave just yet.
Save your time, energy and life. Don’t apply here and end up having to leave stressed, overwhelmed and exhausted.
Pros
Lovely clients. Flexible sometimes.
Cons
Poor pay. Low raises. Overworks you. Selfish office staff. Money hungry staff memebers.
Flexible hours, Poor pay
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PA 18360November 26, 2018
I like CK for the most part. They give raises yearly and would probably do so more readily if you ask, but really the pay is overall poor!! Not the best place to work if you expect advancement or good pay.
Love my client she is like family
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 6, 2019
Owner should value his employees more. Low $ w/o health insurance,Office workers has great benefits, we don't, we drive our vehicles every day without mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Clients and building relationship with them.
Cons
Health care and pay suck the worst no mileage
Not the best
HOME HEALTH AIDE- FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 14, 2019
The management and CEO of Comfort Keepers are very friendly, but they do not pay hardly enough and offer absolutely no benefits. To go along with that they double schedule workers for the same job.
Okay place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 9, 2018
Okay place to work. Not a forever type of job. Traveling a lot and all over the place. Management is okay, not the best. They promise you more hours if you do them a "favor" then you end up not getting the hours promised.
Pros
Friendly clients
Cons
No benefits, No hours
Its a fun place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 13, 2018
Everything is good there ! The managers are great ,its easy to get time off you just have to submit a time off sheet 2 weeks ahead of time! You get raises every year
Like the people there
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 13, 2018
I like the ladies in the office and they do try to assign you to hours that you need. The main problem is that we are doing a lot of work in the seniors’ homes and sometime it’s things others would not want to do. The pay is ridiculously low. I can’t take it and will need to look elsewhere and may go into another line of work. I can’t pay bills on this salary.
Pros
Nice ladies in the office and some great clients
Cons
The pay is ridiculous
Management problems
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 20, 2018
I never knew when I would get home I worked 7 days a week .Yes some days were only 2 to 3 hours but I never took my work clothes off because I was always running from here to there . When hired they told me see if you can do for 90 days if so I would get review and small raise .The pay to start out was $10 .After 90 days I called nothing after 6 months I called nothing 7 months I was finally called in .Had excellent scores on review no problems.I asked about raise .She said no raises for the first 2 years .i was upset .The office takes off on holidays we don't .My clients depended on me to be there rain or shine to bath them,cook ,clean ,even sometimes cry. With them because their having a bad day .We were expected to work every other weekend and alternating holidays which were double time .I had to drive a hour to the office if I needed anything..I don't think they knew what the caregivers go through .Sometimes work environment is not the cleanest ,clients can be bossy .over all if your willing to work your butt off for $10 and expect nothing else go for it !!!!
Pros
Point system to earn extra things
Cons
No breaks, management
non-compatiable pay, no room for advancement, long hours, way too much travel for the pay.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 16, 2019
It is a rewarding job caring for others who are not able to care for themselves but the pay is below average for an mother of two to pay bills and pay for food. Typical work day is traveling from how to house caring for individuals from anywhere 2 hours to 4 hours per client. The hardest part of this job is working and not making enough money to cover bills, no room for advancement, .25 cent per miles and you can be travel all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new clients and caring for others.
Pros
you can make your own schedule
Cons
low pay, unappreciative management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comfort Keepers.

Powered by Comparably