Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers insights

Based on 1,500 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Flexible work place

Flexible work place. It was very interesting because the job assignments were always changing.

You are respected as a professional

Your ability to choose your own work schedule. You have the opportunity to earn more money and you are compensated for your mileage in between clients.

Pros

Continuous improvement

Cons

Employee engagement

Good flexible hours

Can work as much or as little as you need. Admin is good at fitting hours into your availability. Pay/compensation above average for similar jobs after a short probationary period.

Liked my job here

Ok place to work, my boss is an understanding caring boss. At first you are going all over the place until you get a set client. Don't get much of a yearly raise.

Cons

Great calling but no work life balance

I started 2 months ago and got let go today.. I liked the idea that I can help families by looking after their loved ones at the best to my ability... Downside tho is no day offs to rest and when I asked for a few days not two weeks off for a family event they let me go near the end... Not gonna get into how California is killing the work force with the Covid restrictions... That hindered the quality of care I could have given..

Pros

Great calling to help

Cons

No work balance not enough pay...for the Covid stress.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Family- like atmosphere

The individuals who represent the company as a whole is Respectful, understanding, willing to help along the way. They offer a huge amount of training before placing you in the field.

Pros

Good Pay Rate

Cons

Accumulating hours within your availability window

Shows you what you are worth as an employee and person.

Having now worked for almost three years with Comfort Keepers I have been working with this company and can safely say that they are one of the best companies I have ever been with. They have shown me my worth as an employee and as a person. It has helped me grow, learn my limits, and they have been so good to me overall. I would highly recommend this job to anyone, regardless of age. I started here with no knowledge at all, now I’ve learned so much.

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers and management

Good company to work for

Company needs people as a whole. The job is tough at times, but caring for any disabled person is tough. The company lacks training for certain situations you may encounter.

Pros

Schedule is good

Cons

Pay is a little low

Company as a whole needs better trading for staff

Need better trading for staff your provided a word document of self learning which isn’t really tailored to your specific position. It is a stressful job so don’t go taking the job if your not up for a challenge

Great place to work!

I enjoy my 12 hr/wk evening shift. I feel as if I am making a difference in the life of the person I take care of. The time spent as a caregiver is truly a rewarding experience.

Pros

The office staff is very accommodating when time off is requested or a day needs to be switched.

Jobs at Comfort Keepers

See more jobs

Loved the company but the hours were not as stable as I wanted. I would still be therI hated to leave, it is one of the best places I ever worked.

The job was more Hospice Care so the hours were not always stable. I loved Comfort Keepers but eventually wanted stability. Best place and biss ever.

Pros

Management and Clients

Cons

Hours were not always stable.

Rewarding place to work

Comfort keepers seems like a really rewarding company to work for. Orientation will have you amped and ready to make a difference in a clients life! I love how orientation was small enough for us to really feel like we were getting the information we needed to do our job at the best of our ability.

Management has favs

Was hired when things got very busy and other staff with same degree was out on vacation. What is there to basically catch them up on the things they were behind on and then Upon their return I was let go

Pros

office HR

Cons

company management in cali and local

You get what you put in

Very challenging at time, but very rewarding. You really start to make connections with some of the clients that you work with. Office staff is really nice

What stands out are the people you interact with in the office are friendly.

I love meeting and helping others and this job will give.me the perfect opportunity to help those who needs help. The management has a friendly rapport with you and they are there to help and assist you in your endeavors.

Pros

Opportunity and flexibility.

Relaxing but caring workplace, fun and purposeful

Good company to work for, they believe in you and want you to succeed. The whole team is great, and you can earn your CNA with them. They are really flexible with your schedule as well.

Not recommend

I had a terrible assignment where everyone was quitting! There was a family member who was with the client who would be drinking and was very condescending! I went to their office voice my concerns and the police were called. I was later fired for my “demeanor”. Many of the other staff members there were complaining on my FIRST DAY. I felt as though my life was in danger. NOT RECOMMEND also TERRIBLY low pay for the area.

Cheap company

When I was employed at CK, there was little training and the pay was horrible. My first clients had dementia which I knew little about. I had to watch YouTube videos to lean how to handle those difficult situations. My first raise was a whole five- cents.... Yes, a nickel. Insulting!

Pros

Caring for people

Cons

Low pay and no advancement

Not organized.

You can have a full time job and they will still call you with an assignment. You can be on an assignment for them and they will call you with another one for the same hours. They can be a good company if someone gets them organized. The Representative should check your profile for availability before calling.

Nice People, not a lot of room for growth

Nice People, not a lot of room for growth. The office is very nice in an Irvine business park. There was a lot of management turnover right when I started.

Use to be fun

This use to be a fun and great place to work. No raises and the pay for milage sucks. Won’t change the pay for milage I pay more in gas then what they are willing to pay!!!! With gas prices being as high as they are, I can’t afford to work there. They are adamant they will not change the milage pay. .40 per mile. It doesn’t even pay for a gallon of gas!!! Not a good place to work as far as pay and gas milage. Other companies start out 13.00-15.00 an hour.

Pros

Cons

Low pay not much reimbursement for as milage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comfort Keepers.
Powered byComparably