Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers insights

Based on 1,500 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Not a Good place to work

there was not anything productive and fun unless the family took the individual out and the caregivers went along i really do not have anything to say good in in reference to this company , your job was always threaten and they did not follow there policy and procedure management did not show that they care about there staff they used staff against each other it was not a good place in the end to work they tell your business to each

Pros

sick pay

Cons

there was no breaks until the client went to dinner

The pride of caring for our clients

I enjoyed the care I was able to give my clients while employed by Comfort Keepers. My boss at the time in Ringgold Comfort Keepers was an amazing man to work for. He was bought out and I no longer work for them but I'm sure the new management is wonderful too.

Stay away from them

Unbelievable how bad of a agency they are would not recommend them to my worst enemy they promise stuff then bait and twitch. Save yourself the energy and just don’t apply to them .

Pros

Zero

Cons

Dishonest about clients and their actual care needs

Love my job

I truly love my job, my client and coworkers. Most days are easy, all depends on your client. Management is great and my bosses are wonderful. Pay is good.

Bad company

I don’t want to work there anymore! Very bad workplace! Toxic staff and toxic working stations. They are bad to the caregivers too!!! No sick pay or holiday pay for the caregivers! I feel so bad for them!

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Terrible Place to work

Little to no communication between office and field staff. Pay is never on time and even when it is it is grossly under the amount it should have been and there is no direct HR number. clients are unhappy 95% of the time due to lack of communication. All an all a completely unorganized company. Would not recommend, there are other agencies that will treat you better and pay you better

Very difficult and thankless job

No work life balance. Constantly harassed at all times if you are on the clock or not. Always short staffed , always hectic environment. Unprofessional office staff.

Cons

Short staffed, terrible work life balance

Ran by kids who never cared for anyone

Very miserable place to work. As a employee, you were asked for input/ ideas & then you turn around & get in trouble for what was asked of you. It seemed like every department was out to get each other. & upper management fed into it. So there was no sense of teamwork. You were definitely micro managed. You literally got in trouble for everything here. But they were actually nice people just not the work environment I wanted to be in & not the management style I wanted to be under. I rather work under people that have done the job.

Pros

Good pay, food, good benefits

Cons

Terrible owners, demeaning work place

Shows you what you are worth as an employee and person.

Having now worked for almost three years with Comfort Keepers I have been working with this company and can safely say that they are one of the best companies I have ever been with. They have shown me my worth as an employee and as a person. It has helped me grow, learn my limits, and they have been so good to me overall. I would highly recommend this job to anyone, regardless of age. I started here with no knowledge at all, now I’ve learned so much.

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers and management

Overall good experience

Good communication with management. Flexible schedule. Most client within easy drive distance. Clients appreciate you and I’ve always had good interactions.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay

Jobs at Comfort Keepers

See more jobs

Not a good company they don’t back up their workers / you are forced to take shifts

I thought this company was nice but the staffers take sides & they give shifts to who they want to & try to send you far places if your new they are not a fair company & that includes the main managers & the bosses …. Their caregivers they hire sometimes don’t knoe what they are doing ….

Pros

Nothing is free

Cons

Their health care is a joke

Underworked unless you are willing to drive at least 40 miles every day

Overall would not recommend working here. The hours are terrible and you’re o my offered clients who are ridiculously far away. You are not paid for mileage unless you have multiple clients that day, and these clients can be as far as 40 miles and you do not get compensated for it. You use your own vehicle. They only offer shift bonuses after they see nobody wants to take them instead of offering the incentive FIRST since we have to drive so far to care for these people. Overall you will not be valued or appreciated as a caregiver. If you refuse to work certain clients they will stop offering all together and you will have to call and request shifts. They never give you a full scope of the client until you agree to take the shift which makes no sense. Seems like new management is desperately needed and some honesty.

Pros

Very flexible work schedule, pay rate is fair

Cons

Hardly offered shifts, commute to clients is always extremely far

They would put you into situations that were very uncomfortable and they would leave you with no help.No one backs the employees.They yell at you as if you are a child being disciplined. They send you on jobs that are not in the best interestOf the client or employees.

Pros

Cons

Office is no help and poorly run

Let down.

They want you to be available 24/7 and will starve you of hours if you’re not. They call same day less than 1 hr before a shift and you’re expected to take it. You physically can not call out, even for emergent reasons, because the entire management and on call staff will call you over and over telling you no one can take the shift so you have to come in. Even with hours of notice. They hire so many people that you can’t work enough to pay bills unless you want to drive 3 hours for a 3 hour shift.

Pros

A few people can work a full time work week

Cons

This company is mentally exhausting

Salary is not accurate on Indeed

I applied for the caregiver position and went through the interview. Staff is great in the Sumter location, however, they advertise pay at $11, but you will learn those are special circumstances to get this pay. They start you out at like $8 unless its changed. It's nice being able to make your own hours, however, like I said, unless you pick up certain normally one time cases, you get not nice pay for alot of work. I enjoyed the clients I worked with in my time being there.

Pros

Great office management

Cons

Short pay, long days

they dont support you, all they want is money, they dont care if you got sick, and force you to go work

Staff are disorganized, never get paystubs, is a mistery, staff treat caregivers as a garbage, even if you, they know you fullfill with your duties and say you are not doing anything, so you cant get paid....please dont go to apply overthere, is a mess...

Very flexible, friendly management, rewarding job!

Love this field and the clients are wonderful. Management is friendly, but there is a high turnover rate amongst them and caregivers alike. Very flexible, very understanding management. Lots of hours available to pickup if desired. Rewarding field. Management often seeks ways to show staff appreciation. Great as a full time, part time, side gig, retirement job.

Pros

Very flexible!

Cons

Pay isn't the best

Management is not understanding

Management sucks, there’s really nothing much to say other then Mangement sucks. They are rude and degrading. The patients are great but the company needs a better team in the office.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

The company not the patients

Loved the company but the hours were not as stable as I wanted. I would still be therI hated to leave, it is one of the best places I ever worked.

The job was more Hospice Care so the hours were not always stable. I loved Comfort Keepers but eventually wanted stability. Best place and biss ever.

Pros

Management and Clients

Cons

Hours were not always stable.

Just bad

Disorganized, disrespectful, and just not a healthy work environment. They treat caregivers like expendable garbage and internal staff carry the work load of 2-3 positions.

Management has favs

Was hired when things got very busy and other staff with same degree was out on vacation. What is there to basically catch them up on the things they were behind on and then Upon their return I was let go

Pros

office HR

Cons

company management in cali and local

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight