Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers insights

Based on 1,500 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Flexible

Comfort Keepers is a caregiving company where you take care of clients in home or drive them to and from out patient surgeries They are flexible with your schedule and if you can’t work can find someone to fill in There were no medical benefits and the pay was about $13/hour.

You are respected as a professional

Your ability to choose your own work schedule. You have the opportunity to earn more money and you are compensated for your mileage in between clients.

Pros

Continuous improvement

Cons

Employee engagement

Work is irregular either really good hours or not at all

Some staff were nice but the work does not equal the pay. Some clients were rude. But overal if you really need to work. You can choose this job. I left because Minimum wage is not good for the amount of work that you do.

Good flexible hours

Can work as much or as little as you need. Admin is good at fitting hours into your availability. Pay/compensation above average for similar jobs after a short probationary period.

Good place to work, sometimes slow.

I like working for comfort keepers, i love the clients i have and helping them every day. The pay is low & you can make better money pretty much anywhere else.

Pros

flexibility with scheduling

Cons

pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Liked my job here

Ok place to work, my boss is an understanding caring boss. At first you are going all over the place until you get a set client. Don't get much of a yearly raise.

Mismanaged

After the previous owner had built up a good business; The new owner of this franchise ruined it within weeks. He done away with any vacation or benefits, from the beginning, and hired substandard staff.

Bad company

I don’t want to work there anymore! Very bad workplace! Toxic staff and toxic working stations. They are bad to the caregivers too!!! No sick pay or holiday pay for the caregivers! I feel so bad for them!

The communication with staff

I would recommend this company because you are valued as an employee and your experience is put to us. The pay is very competitive for the region and flexible hours.

Pros

I love the Safe Bingo

Family- like atmosphere

The individuals who represent the company as a whole is Respectful, understanding, willing to help along the way. They offer a huge amount of training before placing you in the field.

Pros

Good Pay Rate

Cons

Accumulating hours within your availability window

Jobs at Comfort Keepers

See more jobs

Schedule changes daily...sit with no hours ..not notified of schedule changes

I have not worked for a company that has 2 different pay scales ...if you work so many hours no weekend you get more hourlyYou work 10 hours less and work 7 days a week with 2 weekend off a month you make less.

Over time you build with staff, management so that it becomes a second family.

Overall, good place for homecare. They try not to overload you with cases. You will become attached to your clients if you are passionate about caregiving. The pay can be better especially when the office markets your nursing background to potential families /new clients. They are understanding to schedule conflicts and good about providing PPE or reimbursement if not in stock.

Pros

Office staff will work in the field if need arises

Cons

Understaffed, low pay, no growth in company and no real benefits

Ran by kids who never cared for anyone

Very miserable place to work. As a employee, you were asked for input/ ideas & then you turn around & get in trouble for what was asked of you. It seemed like every department was out to get each other. & upper management fed into it. So there was no sense of teamwork. You were definitely micro managed. You literally got in trouble for everything here. But they were actually nice people just not the work environment I wanted to be in & not the management style I wanted to be under. I rather work under people that have done the job.

Pros

Good pay, food, good benefits

Cons

Terrible owners, demeaning work place

Depressing and waste of time.

They are a company who doesn’t like giving days off or paying a fair price wouldnt recommend. The staff is terrible at that. They want you to do everything your way on demand when it just isn’t worth it.

Cons

They pay less than McDonald’s to do way more.

Overall good experience

Good communication with management. Flexible schedule. Most client within easy drive distance. Clients appreciate you and I’ve always had good interactions.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay

Reliable

Very nice clients.Great office staff.Enjoyed my time there. Benefits eWere ok.Great work for retired persons..Great hours.Very flexible.Part time and full time hours.

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Short notices

Underworked unless you are willing to drive at least 40 miles every day

Overall would not recommend working here. The hours are terrible and you’re o my offered clients who are ridiculously far away. You are not paid for mileage unless you have multiple clients that day, and these clients can be as far as 40 miles and you do not get compensated for it. You use your own vehicle. They only offer shift bonuses after they see nobody wants to take them instead of offering the incentive FIRST since we have to drive so far to care for these people. Overall you will not be valued or appreciated as a caregiver. If you refuse to work certain clients they will stop offering all together and you will have to call and request shifts. They never give you a full scope of the client until you agree to take the shift which makes no sense. Seems like new management is desperately needed and some honesty.

Pros

Very flexible work schedule, pay rate is fair

Cons

Hardly offered shifts, commute to clients is always extremely far

Comfort Keepers

Lots of hours, higher salary than most agencies offer. I enjoy working here. They do a good job at pairing you up with clients that match your skill set

Salary is not accurate on Indeed

I applied for the caregiver position and went through the interview. Staff is great in the Sumter location, however, they advertise pay at $11, but you will learn those are special circumstances to get this pay. They start you out at like $8 unless its changed. It's nice being able to make your own hours, however, like I said, unless you pick up certain normally one time cases, you get not nice pay for alot of work. I enjoyed the clients I worked with in my time being there.

Pros

Great office management

Cons

Short pay, long days

Very flexible, friendly management, rewarding job!

Love this field and the clients are wonderful. Management is friendly, but there is a high turnover rate amongst them and caregivers alike. Very flexible, very understanding management. Lots of hours available to pickup if desired. Rewarding field. Management often seeks ways to show staff appreciation. Great as a full time, part time, side gig, retirement job.

Pros

Very flexible!

Cons

Pay isn't the best

It’s okay

It’s alright. You can sometimes make your own schedule based on the clients you’re given but the pay for everything that you do is ridiculous. Sometimes you make just enough for the gas you use getting to your clients

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Sometimes no hours, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight