Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers insights

Based on 1,500 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Respectful and understanding of employee needs

Featured review

Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Comfort Keepers feels like one big family. Scheduling Is very good. Job offers are great. Would highly recommend KC for work and services. Great working atmosphere

Pros

Much work

You are respected as a professional

Your ability to choose your own work schedule. You have the opportunity to earn more money and you are compensated for your mileage in between clients.

Pros

Continuous improvement

Cons

Employee engagement

Very flexible

I have worked for this company for 2 years now. I love what I do and my boss is amazing! Whenever I need to switch my schedule around my boss is great about it.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Upbeat and motivated workplace

Everyone I’ve met at comfort keepers is very excited and genuinely interested in the job. It’s a friendly and welcoming work place. This is definitely a job for a people person or someone who enjoys the company of others.

Pros

Flexible schedule and discount opportunities

Excellen

This ia a great company to work for.I have a sense of being needed wanted and appreciated.Thete is always someone to assit me if I have a situation I am unsure about

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Sometimes clients can expect more assistance than they really need

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Caring for the clients and caregivers.

I started with this company 8/31/2021.And I'm looking forward to working with the company.the company is all about the client and care giver.they are will to go above and beyond to see that there caregivers are ready and able to care for the clients.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work hours

Great people work there, management was pretty good.

When I was employed there, there was no direct deposit so every other Friday I would have to leave home at 6AM just to make it there by 7:30 to pick up my check and get to my client home by 8:30. Vacation time was not paid in full, and you were blamed for it. For the most part, the job was fine.

Schedule changes daily...sit with no hours ..not notified of schedule changes

I have not worked for a company that has 2 different pay scales ...if you work so many hours no weekend you get more hourlyYou work 10 hours less and work 7 days a week with 2 weekend off a month you make less.

Very difficult and thankless job

No work life balance. Constantly harassed at all times if you are on the clock or not. Always short staffed , always hectic environment. Unprofessional office staff.

Cons

Short staffed, terrible work life balance

Shows you what you are worth as an employee and person.

Having now worked for almost three years with Comfort Keepers I have been working with this company and can safely say that they are one of the best companies I have ever been with. They have shown me my worth as an employee and as a person. It has helped me grow, learn my limits, and they have been so good to me overall. I would highly recommend this job to anyone, regardless of age. I started here with no knowledge at all, now I’ve learned so much.

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers and management

Jobs at Comfort Keepers

See more jobs

Good company to work for

Company needs people as a whole. The job is tough at times, but caring for any disabled person is tough. The company lacks training for certain situations you may encounter.

Pros

Schedule is good

Cons

Pay is a little low

Great if your just starting in health care

Training was really great and they are really good at helping new care aids understand how to take care of clients all while making sure employees are not over worked if they don't want to be. Also plenty of room to pick up open shifts

Pros

Can be flexible with hours

Cons

Schedule you at the last min

Company as a whole needs better trading for staff

Need better trading for staff your provided a word document of self learning which isn’t really tailored to your specific position. It is a stressful job so don’t go taking the job if your not up for a challenge

Let down.

They want you to be available 24/7 and will starve you of hours if you’re not. They call same day less than 1 hr before a shift and you’re expected to take it. You physically can not call out, even for emergent reasons, because the entire management and on call staff will call you over and over telling you no one can take the shift so you have to come in. Even with hours of notice. They hire so many people that you can’t work enough to pay bills unless you want to drive 3 hours for a 3 hour shift.

Pros

A few people can work a full time work week

Cons

This company is mentally exhausting

Very productive, Fun, loving caring staff/mangers

You wouldn’t regret this job it’s a loving place and the staff will make you feel as comfortable as possible. Everyone is friendly, also remind yourself treat your clients as if you would want others to treat your family .

Great place to work!

I enjoy my 12 hr/wk evening shift. I feel as if I am making a difference in the life of the person I take care of. The time spent as a caregiver is truly a rewarding experience.

Pros

The office staff is very accommodating when time off is requested or a day needs to be switched.

You get to meet different people

One you got to know your clients got to have good positive attitude and always go in with a smile and willing to work attitude. Taking care of clients

Pros

The clients let u cook your own food you bring to work

Cons

Never leave clients alone

Rewarding place to work

Comfort keepers seems like a really rewarding company to work for. Orientation will have you amped and ready to make a difference in a clients life! I love how orientation was small enough for us to really feel like we were getting the information we needed to do our job at the best of our ability.

Stressful and overwhelming

This job is not for most people. You are constantly doing something and have to be on call 2-3 days out of the week. Management likes to tell you what you have done wrong but doesn't try to help you learn from your mistakes. While doing the job you were hired for you will have 100 extra tasks to do that all have a timeline. It is almost impossible to keep up. Your job description is large, you will not do just one thing here. Don't mess up or everyone will be upset with you.

Pros

Off holidays

Cons

Pay, work life balance, management

Good place to work, but job hours aren't guaranteed.

Working here is a good, secure job. People will always need home help, but the hours themselves aren't always there when you need them. There really isn't any room to move up in the company, which means pay isn't really moving. They recognize hard work, and will work with you with life difficulties, but there aren't any "benefits" (insurance and such).

Pros

Comfort kash, vacation time, Pto, paid sick time.

Cons

No benefits, poor communication within bosses, lack of hours on occasion.

What stands out are the people you interact with in the office are friendly.

I love meeting and helping others and this job will give.me the perfect opportunity to help those who needs help. The management has a friendly rapport with you and they are there to help and assist you in your endeavors.

Pros

Opportunity and flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Comfort Keepers.
Powered byComparably