Comfort Suites Employee Reviews

Needs more attention from owners
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDNovember 12, 2018
Hardest part of the job was during it with a lack of linen and not able to have the things I need to do the job. What I like most was the staff I trained and the relationship we all had as a team. I learned that it’s starts at the top of a company.
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Favoritisms to certain employees
Relaxing
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 10, 2018
It's nice as a part time job and management is is very helpful and understanding.employees have great customer service and very pleasant attitudes. Guests are easy going.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
A lot of different personalities
Good Beginner Hotel Experience
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2018
Management is great. That's why I stayed but the only reason I said stressful is because guests will complain about anything and if they feel you sucked then they get your name and leave it on a bad review and you get in trouble even if you gave that guest a big discount.
But you also have the great guests who you actually learn names and laugh.
Pros
Easy promotion, easy to learn system to check in/out
Cons
Nasty people who will complain about anything to get $$
Productive and fast paced work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJ 07001November 7, 2018
typical day at work is checking in guests once they arrive, dealing with any guest issues with their room and accommodating guests with any kind of request.
I dont recommend this job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 7, 2018
When I went for an interview they didnt give me an interview they made me clean a room. They are under staff . They're are only 4 housekeepers that work their. When I started it was on a Saturday . I & another housekeeper was assigned 34 rooms for the day. I have heard people come to work for a day and never come back. They under pay you . & slave you for 10$. I quit . i dont recommend this job to anyone.
semi good place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CANovember 5, 2018
It is a family type environment once everyone gets to know you. the Gm has been changed 3 times since i have been there for a year, as well as the owners the previous owners were great the new one is not so great. the yearly reviews keep getting dangled in your face like a carrot to a mule yet it never happens and excuses are always given.management is kind of hot then cold, but not the worst management, just wish everything and everyone were on the same page. Its hit or miss on the weekends when you need to call management (because they are off on the weekends) and sometimes they tell you to handle it on your own and some times they tell you to not hesitate to call them for anything, so thats kind of confusing. A lot of things with some employee and guest a being swept under the rug, thats should never be tolerate. work moral is seems to be fading, and the people they are hiring now are mind boggling.
Fast paced, family & pet friendly
Laundry Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 5, 2018
The Comfort Suites and Mainstay are connected. I actually liked this aspect. All the sleeping rooms are cleaned efficiently. There is free Continental breakfast. Two pools. Both pools have slides. And everyone is super friendly.
Pros
Staff is very friendly, hours are negotiable
Cons
30 mins for lunch, management doesn't treat all employees the same
Housekeeping
HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 5, 2018
Didn’t like How unorganized the company was. The owners were difficult to get along with and biased to their own ethnicity. Most workers were of Indian
To obtain a position that will allow me to utilize my previous skills and allow me the opportunity to gain valuable experience.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 5, 2018
To obtain a position that will allow you to utilize my previous skills and allow you with the opportunity to gain valuable experience. It also allow you to utilize your skills to the fullest degree.
it was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2018
the pay sucks and they discriminate workers including myself . They have no set hours here and they cut you no slack.... My experience working here was horrible i was the only one being paid the lowest out of the new housekeepers even though i have more years of experience in housekeeping than they did . i drove from way north all the way out in no mans land 6 days a week. smh
Pros
paid every Friday
Cons
1 paid 15 min break
Fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2018
The management is fun to be around and is extremely welcoming and understanding. The desk gives you a chance to meet new people and bond with guests. It's relaxing when its slow, and fun when it's busy. The system is quick to learn and easy to handel once you get the hang of it.
Good job with stable hours
Dallas tx- Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas txOctober 29, 2018
The location I was at had bad managers and staff. But overall it's a good company to work for. I worked overnight 11pm to 7am. Most of the time I wouldn't clock out till almost 8am. But hey more hours I guess. They didn't require night audit to do a lot of housekeeping like most hotels. We had a checklist to complete. Afterwards it was relaxed.
Pros
Good pay. Advancement opportunities. Able to work with your schedule
Cons
Picking up the slack for unprofessional managers and Co workers. Not trained throughly
comforts suites converted into Holiday Inn Suites/it was good experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 28, 2018
It was good overall
Managed by Management company
most enjoyable part is it is always meeting the new people
it was good experience and workplace culture was
ok but working alone in the nights there is not much
interactions with other employes
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no benefits paid
Excellent management and co-workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 28, 2018
This a very relaxed environment to work in. There are some pros to compensate for the low pay rate. The employee discount at Choice Hotels is a nice perk.
Great learning opportunity
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 26, 2018
I learned a lot at the Comfort Suites. I managed people. I checked rooms. I also had a strict budget to follow and ordered our stock for housekeeoing, laundry and breakfast.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
It was hard to balance work life and home. Ioften worked weeks in a row and many hours a day.
Enjoyed my staff, training program for management should be improved.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Buda, TXOctober 23, 2018
Enjoyed my staff, training program for management should be improved. HHM is a great company that offers great service. Request as much training as possible to ensure you understand what is required.
Good discounts
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2018
I learned skills and teamwork. Working here I got great discounts to stay at various hotels throughout the state of Florida. It is great to interact with guests from various parts of the country.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Quicked Paced Employement
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 21, 2018
Some days you have nothing to do, then it's other days where it's cleaning the entire hotel. Might have to stay pass the end of shift to complete tasks. Average board is 15 rooms which require about 30 minutes in each. Not enough pay for housekeepers as this job can become stressful.

Manager I had was awesome but she is no longer there.

Cons: You also receive a bonus from the owner, but it's only given on the years worked there and not the hard work. Never came to meet his staff to see what really goes on, just send other people to do it for him.
Pros
discounts on hotel stay at other branches
Cons
not enough pay
Management pleasant
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 20, 2018
Skills and trades I currently have are more valuable than compensation. No benefits available. No room for advancement. Must be available 7 days a week. Owner depends on my knowledge for major repairs that I save lots of money repairing due to not calling plumber, electrition.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No days off
Poor place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benbrook, TXOctober 19, 2018
Managers were rude and it felt like prison HONESTLY!! No benefits, no direct deposit, nothing!! You were treated poorly but expected to work hard! I couldn’t stand working there