Comfort Suites Employee Reviews

Poor
Lead Cook/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2018
Poor management across the board all departments especially housekeeping. No pto, no room for advancement. Extremely high volume turn over in employees. Not a place with income advancement.
Pros
Room discounts
Cons
Management very poor unprofessional
Worst place to work ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 18, 2018
I would never recommend working at this place. The manager and supervisor treat employees poorly. There's no paid days off or vacation time, and there's no benefits either. There's also no breaks and you don't get paid nearly enough for all the stuff you have to put up with.
Pros
Cons
Horrible manager and supervisor, no benefits, no breaks
We went throw a remodeling of the hotel
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNSeptember 18, 2018
I will never work at that or any hotel again. For 5 years of work I received a 25 cent raise. No Insurance if we got hurt on the job they wouldn't pay the bills.
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
No medical insurance.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 17, 2018
Samething with this job. I really do not have much to say. Just that enjoyed working there for the short time I was there. Nothing to crazy or scary. Good place to start.
Terrible management
H/A (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 15, 2018
Management is terrible, unprepared, unprofessional, and careless. It encourages staff to be unprofessional and disorganized which gives guests and customers a very bad experience.
Do not work here
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WISeptember 14, 2018
Underpaid, overworked and under appreciated! Management treats you like junk. No benefits Manager sleeps with guests and is so rude and disrespectful
Cons
Its an ok place to work temporarily
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 10, 2018
The hours range based on how busy the hotel is, which means you never know how youre day is going to be until you get there and even then you have to wait for all other housekeepers to finish before you are able to leave. If you finish earlier than other housekeepers you have to go help them.
Was ok
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
Sadly, in an industry that typically doesn't pay well...they didn't either. Managers from Iowa dictating what customers in WI wanted/needed. Hard to keep good staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very small raises/incentive
It's a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 7, 2018
Do your work and don't ask for time off on short notice. The turn over rate at this hotel is very high. The managers are somewhat u professional, at times.
fun place,team work going by black and white
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 5, 2018
great place no mess we all got along management never broke rules for anyone we all work as a team getting things from the laundry and dropping the bedding going home
Enjoyed working at Comfort Suites
Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 5, 2018
I learned a lot working Night Audit at Comfort Suites. It was a new role for me so I was hungry for knowledge. I enjoyed the hours I was scheduled and I especially enjoyed the staff I worked with
Management needs to do more for their employees.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2018
I would do my job, but would step in and help with other duties when needed. One example is breakfast or going out of my way to help the guest. management was rarely there on my shifts, so I worked a lot without supervision. There reall was no hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I met on a daily baises and the staff I worked with.
The Manager needs some communication education
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
The GM of this location is bit to be desired. He easily angered with his employees and does not seem to be able to communicate with them very well on the basic functions of what he would like to see. This location cant seem to keep its employees due to the lack of respect from the GM.
Poor Management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Comfort Suites is not a company that shows their employees any regard. They work you whenever they feel they need you to work. They do not contribute consider guest complaints as important. Management does not stay consistent with company or brand policies. They do not pay a person a living wage, but expect you to go above and beyond when management should be handling guest issues. I do not recommend working for this company. Normal IL management is a joke. They are either on vacation or taking time off work.
Pros
Guest interact2
Cons
Extremely Poor management
Nice place to work at
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 1, 2018
It's a nice place to work at. Guests are very nice. Head of housekeepers is very nice. Manager stays to himself but is nice unless you cross him.front desk is left to answer problems he will not take phone calls from guests who are unhappy.raises you get but not a good amount. But it's still a nice place to work at.
Pros
All around nice place to work
Cons
If a night auditor doesnt show you get stuck there.
Clean in a flash!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 29, 2018
This job was paid per hour. They didn't have enough supplies to run the hotel right. They timed you and it wasn't fair at all. They would see you in the hallway and rather than saying a simple, hello. They ask you right of the bat. "How many rooms are you done?" I wasn't part of the click here. Everyone who worked there were friends and hung out outside of work, and was known for drama so to say. It would have been fair had they not timed you on speed and had no focus at all about cleanliness. It was a bad experience and I would not recommend it unless it's the last train out of town.
Pros
Small room rate discount
Cons
Timed shifts
Good work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 28, 2018
Great people to work with. A lot of wal-mart employees stay there. They have a potluck every 1st Thursday of every month. There are 115 rooms total. The housekeepers are all nice.
Not a good place to work
Housekeeping/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73507August 27, 2018
You would work very hard for very little pay.

You would come to work and if 4 people were to work that day and only 2 came to work , the 2 that came to work would still have to get all the work done
Don't Judge A Book by It's Cover.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVAugust 27, 2018
I was recruited to the night audit position by the Front Desk Manager from another Choice hotel. Huge mistake on my part. Upon my interview, I was promised $9.50/hour. Upon starting, I was told I was getting $9.25/hour even though I have over 3 years of experience in the travel industry. That was the first strike. I was told repeatedly by the Front Desk Manager that the General Manager is extremely picky about how things are done. This was a second strike as I am not fond of being micromanaged. Third strike: From what I can tell the turnover rate for this audit position is high because of the sheer amount of work involved in the audit process. In particular the market and tracking reports were the biggest headaches I've ever encountered working at any hotel, and I've worked at several. The process for these reports are so stressful I nearly quit the first night - but I pushed through it. The owners apparently demand these to be done, but given the fact that I've worked with Choice's Property Management system for 2 years now, I can tell you they aren't necessary. It's a bunch of BS the owners and management want the auditor to do to stay busy since the overnight shift is slow. The audit process at other Choice hotels is so simple that you literally press a button, print off reports and file them - that's about it. If you want a night audit job that isn't a whole lot of work, THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR YOU. BEWARE. Final strike was the fact that they don't even offer free breakfast to the employees... a "discounted" full breakfast is about $9.. ridiculous. Avoid!
Cons
High stress level, sheer amount of work involved with audit is too high for the wage, NO free breakfast for employees.
Was relaxed and enjoyable until new management came in.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 25, 2018
Job was easy, you use basic/common knowledge to repair any thing that needs it. preventative maintenance wasn't to difficult either just time consuming. The employees were all nice, and easy to get along with, until new management came in to "fix" things. then it became stressful.
Cons
low pay, cheap management, will not pay overtime