Comfort Suites Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced and Fun
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 17, 2018
Your work day consists of lots of check-ins, making reservations, and many interactions with guests. Your goal is to make the guests happy and comfortable and it was quite fun.
Pros
Set Schedule, Pto, Great Management
Cons
It is a 24/7 job
Nice place
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 16, 2018
Loved working there didn't want to go moved out of town.I loved the employees. Management was not real great but it was going in that direction. If I had the chance I would go back
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No breaks
Fast paced
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 16, 2018
Fast paced work enviorment. While supervising more than 10 employees per day, I also had to inspect rooms and order supplies for the company. Great work enviornment.
Good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 15, 2018
Co workers are very friendly. Staff feels like a family. Co workers are welcoming. Boss tries to work around your schedule. Often co workers will help each other out, even when it is not mandatory.
Pros
Easy to learn job, nice co workers
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace, great supportive staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 15, 2018
I loved working for comfort suites. It was more like going to work with a group of close friends or family. Everyone there was so loving and supportive of each other. They start out each work day having fun. It is a fast paced work environment and can be stressful at times, but the management team works hard to make sure every employee feels valued and appreciated for their hardwork.
Pros
incredible management team
Cons
Low wages
Awesome place to grow.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2018
Fast paced and meet a lot a new people. Wonderful time of service to customers. A time to grow and get more hours by working or joining the front dest crew..
Pros
Discounts
Productive and easy work place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
I loved my manager at the location I worked. The hours were great and I felt truly appreciated at my job. I spent my days making reservations and checking guests in and learned so much about managing the hotel from my manager, simply because she was so friendly and open about letting us know how things worked.

Possibly the hardest thing for me about working there was leaving. I wasn't able to be there full time due to all their positions being only part time, so I had to leave due to not having enough work hours.

Still, I loved my time there and appreciate it even now.
Pros
hotel room discounts
Cons
not enough work days
nice place to work, Pleasant atmosphere
Breakfast Attendant/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJuly 12, 2018
I am a Breakfast Attendant with light housekeeping duties. I like the job very much, At this location, the management is great, the other employees are very nice to work with, and it is an all-around pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Free Breakfast and hotel discounts
Cons
no breaks, per se
A nice place but expensive area to eat lunch.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 10, 2018
I worked as needed, not knowing my regular schedule. It was like being on-call. The area is very nice, but places to go out to eat lunch were expensive.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
Did not have a set schedule
Encouraging work environment.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Westchester, OHJuly 10, 2018
Very detail oriented staff. Manger and ceo were professional. I was expected to inspect all rooms and laundry to ensure guest comfort. The environment was clean and comfortable. Fast paced and flexible hours.

Want to know more about Comfort Suites?

Ask a question
Why do new management throw their weight around
Front Desk Mgr (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 9, 2018
I hope its not me,, but from the response I got from the guest I don't think so. The new GM started with me, made it so hard for me to continue to work there, I had been there 7 years before he came and he rode me even after the owners told him how good of a worker I was. I use to bring business for the hotel and new ideas. My relationship with the guest was so good, they perferred to talk with me.
Pros
Breakfast, happy hr, and customer service courtsey gatherings
Cons
Management, No 401 k
Cool and relaxed environment, the people / workers there didn't cause any problems
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 6, 2018
every day was a bit different from the last, constant work but nothing that i couldn't handle once i received help. ive learned landscaping, how to clean the inside of a pool, how to properly clean rooms / equipment, how to work with others, how to operate devices and much more but most importantly how to manage time and deal with certain situations (problem solving and tolerance). The hardest part was work outside of the hotel but the things done on the inside were fairly easy
Pros
more than one break per shift, nice co-workers, great enviornment
The management team is constantly changing.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 6, 2018
Steady employment there is dependent upon the whims of the current management team. The current General Manager is very dishonest and unprofessional, He has made homophobic, racist and sexist comments about the guests as well as the employees. It was a great place to work initially but as the quality of leadership decreased so did the morale of the employees.
Worst place I've worked at unorganized indecisive and sporadic
Maintanance (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2018
I honestly don't want to bash this place but from my experience I would not recommend this job to anyone if you have a backbone it's very unorganized and a shady staff
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Too much BS to deal with
Work environment is hostile/ Owner very unprofessional. Micro manage his hotel. plays favorite with his employees.
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 3, 2018
Company offers no benefit, hostile environment, owner override managers decision very unprofessional.
Not a very good palce to work if you are looking for advancement.
interesting job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed being able to meet people from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of the job was booking rooms for the military and working with them to make sure they were taken care of when they visited.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no benefits, pay
Comfort Suites
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
Good Owner.. A Choice Hotel program with annual third party inspections. All inspections were exceptional. Hotel owner sold property after owning for 18 years
Ok
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 28, 2018
I came in as an assistant and did the online mandatory training my first couple of days which taught me how to use their computer system, but my boss was just not very clear about the things I was supposed to be doing for them. I felt like I was just thrown into the job with no proper training.
Overworked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 28, 2018
The former head housekeeper would pick people that she knew could do the job quickly and accurately, and dump more work on them than on everybody else.
Horriable place to work
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJune 27, 2018
Would not recommend it if my life depended on it

Worst management

Lack of training, no integrity, dirty work environment, lack of communication between managers and employees

Expectations vary between employees.