Comfort Systems USA Employee Reviews

Great Learning and growth opportunities
JOURNEYMAN (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 21, 2019
While working at Comfort Systems USA I was exposed to a vast amount of training and acquired knowledge to perform my job expectations effectively. Technicians at Comfort Systems USA were eager to help with training.
4 1/2 years wasted
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 20, 2019
I actually liked working here at one time, but that came to end when a salesman sold a job that didn't work and that was somehow my fault. They sold a job with new fan coils and the piping was old and scaled up so the new fan coils didn't work because no chilled water was going through them. That was some how my problem. The immediate manager had childish temper tantrum rather than see why it wasn't working. If the pipes aren't getting cold then water isn't going through them, not rocket Science. Their solution was more duct seal and that didn't work. But, that was the problem, you had people in Management and sales that had no knowledge of how things worked. So I was fired and black listed for this, that's the thanks you get for years of hard work.
Pros
It was a nice place to work.
Cons
No advancement unless you're friends or family with the management or owners
Management is shady
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiMarch 18, 2019
Not what I was told it'd be and am continually promised things will change. Older, legacy employees don't seem to be interested in allowing the newer people to grow and succeed.
non producrive
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2019
Its a buddy buddy, good ole boy place. It reminds me of highschool, people throwing one another under the bus,they won't show you a set of prints,a lot of loose ends
Pros
got off at 2:30
Cons
no break only 30 minute lunch
Comfort Systems Largo
Project Manager/Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2019
The Largo location did not live up to the standard implemented in Indiana. The true Comfort Systems culture and processes were not properly put in place. As a result quality, customer satisfaction and overall employee happiness suffered.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Disorganized
Never should have worked here
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 17, 2019
Never work there again. Stupid an petty rules for welders. Where I worked before this place makes it seem like an illegal shop. Under new supervision so the new guy is extra dumb
Pros
Hours
Great employer
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
Great work environment the staff was amazing from the CEO to the Human resource Dept. I truly enjoyed going into this job everyday and even as a temp employee was given a Christmas bonus and was made to feel valued.
Cons
layoffs
Great Opportunity to Learn
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 10, 2018
I learned a lot about plumbing and sheet metal, overall management of projects from $50,000 to $13,000,000.
The hardest part of the job was being in a male dominated industry. In Colorado, I earned the respect of my male peers and learned so much valuable information about the trades from them.
We were expected to do a lot, we had to earn everything. I liked that things were not just handed to you.
Pros
Healthcare, compensated well
Cons
High Stress to Perform
Great Company
Controller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2018
My time at Comfort Systems has been a wonderful experience. I am only moving on because the potential for advancement is not present and i want to keep growing.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good benefits
Cons
advancement minimal
Relaxed, a lot of great people
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2018
Overall it was a decent place to work, company merged and drive time was taken away, I moved about an hour away and management would not work with my drive time. Never knew where you’d be working from day to day. Anywhere from Wilmington to Asheville
Fast paced, good company to grow with
Welder/ fitter/ helper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for with good benefits, 5 days sick time, vacation accumulates. Experience isnt necessary but definitely a plus in the field of work you go in.
Did not work there long enough to gather an opinion
Energy Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2018
I was hired as a temp and was let go due to budget cutting, I do not have enough experience there to write a proper review. They offered a lot of overtime
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Had to start out through a Temp agency
HVAC Technician, HVAC Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJuly 13, 2018
Checking unit to make sure they are working correctly. Service all equipment to make all repairs. A lot of saftey training and learn a lot about saftey
Pros
Heathcare
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent company with good, but expensive health care
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
During my years with comfort systems l found the work, people, and technology fascinating. l was transferred in from a temporary agency after working only my three weeks. My experience at that time was limited to only previously serviced equipment. Soon after l realalized how ignorant l was, but wth the current technicians and management having years of experience, advice was just a phone call away. There is a call center that monitors HVAC and Energy Management needs around the nation. Working for comfort systems was enlightening to me. Know l am pursuing a career in technology support in part from wondering how does this controller in California communicate to a PC in Indiana.
Pros
Take home van, good pay for the work, and deep industry knowledge base
Cons
Long ours driving and outdoors working on the roof
Standard Non-Union Construction Job
Plumber/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2018
Your typical non-union construction job. Long days, sometimes working out of town, must work well with all trades. Good upper management, and a very good apprenticeship program, which is unheard of in non-union companies. Largest plumbing contractor in the area so work is always available. Overall a good company to work for if you choose to work in construction.
Pros
Mostly laid back foremen, lots of work available
Cons
Long days, typical contruction level drama
not good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2018
I liked the company at first they left out a lot of details from the hiring process and it made the job difficult and I would not to recommend this company
Straight forward workplace
HVAC - Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Review of your customer base and projects. Review new opportunities for future sales of mechanical HVAC equipment or service agreements. Visit job sites, estimate and provide proposals.
Pros
Work load
Cons
Small office
Production
Service/ DX Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
As a tech the work wasn't hard, mainly just preventative maintenance work. Management was not the best, unqualified managers. Advancement opportunities only given to those who will kiss butt to the managers.
Pros
Uncertified people questioning the diagnosis/ work of certified techs.
Good Company
SERVICE TECHNICIAN AND SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 22, 2017
Have had a good experience at this company. No real complaints. A lot of changes and turn over as far as employment within the company goes. No big issues
Csusa
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  3400 Robards Ct.November 23, 2017
It is a great place to work with great people. Very flexible.The management as and office staff are awesome. They really gave me a chance as an apprentice service tech coming right out of school considered I had no field experience at all in HVAC