Comm-Works Employee Reviews

Good place to work; I miss it.
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 1, 2018
People were spectacular, management was very experienced and fair. I'd love to go back some day if a suitable position were to open up, especially if I were still allowed to work from home on occasion.
Productive and fun workplace.
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 24, 2018
When I worked at Comm-works, they were a young company with an upbeat and energetic work culture. The most difficult part of the job was the long commute to and from work.
Great if you are a technician
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Company depended on retail for majority of business at the time, which led to a major change in the business model following 2008, etc. Not sure what all they are doing now.
Pros
Hardest workers ever worked with
Cons
Live hard, work hard, play hard, burn out
Good pay; bad culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2017
Small company that has grown too large too quickly. Culture demands perfection but gives no support and expects long days and 100% commitment level, regardless of outside lives, of all employees. No work life balance. Company has potential to be a really great place to work, but has a lot of internal structures to put in place before its possible.
Working at Comm-Works
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 30, 2017
Expanded my knowledge about most office procedures and working in multiple software applications.
Managers are Most usually fair and easy to communicate with.
Pay not that great. Wages only increased $5 to $6 in a 13 year span.
Pros
Great work inviroment
Cons
Pay grade not current
Fun place to work, Don't get comfortable
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 10, 2017
working for CW was great. It was like home away from home. The people in the Indy office are great. The paid is not great at all. Not a hard job, Stressful only because there is no stability you never know when they are going to tell you if today is your last day. Regardless of how great a job you do. I think they have there favorite but what place don't.
Pros
you able to have a work life balance.
Cons
the paid is not great at all
N/a
IT Project Manager (Infrastructure) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Comm-Works is a fast paced company. You handle multiple clients at a time through a ticketing system. However, you have colleagues that will give you assistance when you need it.
Pros
independents
Cons
health care, work load
Difficult Culture
Self Emplloyed (Current Employee) –  hamplinJune 18, 2017
The focus has been from a client driven atrmosphere to petty focus on finger pointing and lack of proffessionalism. Always looking over your shoulder is no way to work. This enviroment has promoted a severe lack of focus on those who pay the companies bills. Management allows tenured staff to be larger than those they are suppose to serve.

Very unfortunate!
Terrible management
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2017
There is almost no room for advancement, as they will replace you rather than give you a promotion. Management treats you a a replaceable pawn. Expect to be talked down to continuously.
I don't know why this job exists
Agency Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2017
What I actually do should exist, but I'm not entirely sure why it's been contracted to Comm-Works, who doesn't seem to provide the client with any real benefit.
Overworked and underpaid
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 6, 2017
When starting off at Comm-Works you will receive a nice salary. As the time goes on you will still have that same salary with a ton of more work. You are giving a company cell that must be answered at all times: days, nights, weekends and holidays. You have the ability to work from home, but if you are not on the "Secret Elite" list you are discouraged to do so. There is no training. You sink or swim. Starting in November of each year you never know if you are the chosen one to be let go. It is very unsettling to be employed there from November to the beginning of each year.
Very professional yet family oriented businss
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 13, 2016
Day to Day at Comm-Works you will take on multi-tasking between vendors, contractors and field managers to ensure that the day to day process for the projects get completed in a timely manner and with little to no complications. The most enjoyable part of this company is communicating with people all over the world. Also, gaining knowledge of the technical field as well as project managing. The hardest part of my position is completing one task before the other. At Comm-Workers your co-workers are very professional and open to help you exceed greatly within the company.
Great Company, Family-like atmosphere
Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 23, 2015
Comm-Works is a nation-wide IT infrastructure company that installs and monitors hardware, software, and cabling in retail and business chain locations. It is a fun yet business-oriented place to work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours
Cons
Somewhat noisy workspace
Remote Working environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
I worked from home so I didn't have that much opportunity to build rapport with co-workers and management - only when I would visit once or twice a year. It made it difficult to learn and master the job as training and support were minimal for remote sales staff. My manager had some what of a difficult personality to deal with, but I really liked my sales and support co-workers at corporate. I do think this company has a solid product and service offering to their retail clients, and believe they do have a good reputation in the marketplace for their industry.
Poor Leadership with lack of vision
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 6, 2015
Employees always seem concern about job security. Company and sales team lack of values. I personally was paid well, but the majority of the Operation teams are underpaid. They refuse to learn from their mistakes. The Company brought in a new CEO with no prior experience. This persons lacks in leadership and knowledge when it comes to running a Operations team. The Company continue to struggle financially and seems to always be borrowing money to stay above water.
Pros
Hard working employees that care about the Customers, Able to work from Home allowing for a flexible schedule at times
Cons
Very week Upper Management Leadership, lack of values
Comm-Works
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 11, 2015
The Comm-Works environment is welcoming and forward thinking. Comm-Works is a company that is on the edge of technology which has gather a strong and dynamic IT team together. My co-workers are positive individuals and innovative. I believe in the direction our director is taking the IT department and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team to complete objectives. The hardest part will be that in a small IT team you wear many hats and so it can difficult to remember all things and all applications.
In conclusion, I enjoy working at Comm-works and will recommend Comm-Works to anyone.
Pros
Positive Work Culture
Cons
Wear Many Hats
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2014
Company has went through many changes and I haven't been there for years
Awesome Company
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisNovember 24, 2014
Comm Works is a great company to work for. Comm Works treat there employees with a great deal of respect and fair. All the employees are willing to help, answer any questions you have.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Staff
New adventure in a rapidly evolving industry IT
Business Development Manager SE (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2014
Cold calling into fortune 2000 companies in retail, healthcare, government, manufacturing and financial verticals. Developing ecosystem with channel partners to find business. C-level presentations and ability to use full offerings of my company's solutions to solve pain points for clients
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisOctober 16, 2014
Gained knowledge and experience in project management during my time. Not a lot of growth or advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comm-Works. Our community is ready to answer.