Command Alkon

Command Alkon Pay & Benefits reviews

Command Alkon is a solid company. They have a well established presence and strong market share which creates a stable workplace.It is changing with new ownership and direction. This is both positive and negative. The positive is that they are investing in creating new technology that will grow the company. The negative is that benefits and culture are subject to change.All-in-all a good company for a long term career. More clear direction and better leadership would make this a 5-Star Employer!
Pros
Well established and strong market share
Cons
Tech development and direction has been murky
**Scroll to very bottom for tldr**Pros:Working with one specific team was wonderful as we got agile down pretty well and we were able to complete work pretty well. At our office specifically, we were the only ones that could ever get into more.Birthday lunches and recognition that had nice catered lunches.Innovation sprints before I switched teams) that were able to kind of let me put more skills into automation and break away from manually testing features for a moment.Mostly friendly and helpful coworkers and an awesome manager (they got laid off with me unfortunately) that were wonderful to work with. They were for the most part very approachable and were helpful.They had Agile down pretty well better than most places I've been to. At the one team I worked on, everybody did their part so well like a well-oiled machine.Got a raise each year I was there.Had a convenient restaurant attached to the same building that was down the hall before they turned the entire place remote and got rid of the office. It's entirely work from home now!Cons:Got partnered with a giant tech private equity investment firm and recently, they let go of all of QA except for three of us including the QA manager and the only SDET, got rid of all the remote developers at the time except for one. Then about two months later, they got rid of the entire office in Draper and now everybody works from home under one team (which could either be a pro or a con depending on what your preferences are).Lots of forced participation in meetings and events. Very long P.I plannings (two day meetings) - more...
Great benefits and can be a challenging place of work if your looking for a challenge. Coworkers provide a good environment to work in and even it might be tough first starting out they work well together to support each as a good team.
Good place to work... Great environment and peers are willing to teach and help. Time Management is hard to keep up as they control in and out hours
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
Short breaks
Great Environment good people to work around. Good training. Travel a week to 2 weeks at a time. Very rarely a month without travel. Good benefits. Pay could be better.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Too Much Travel
Good place to work for, not very flexible with working from home. They are not micro-managers but management has too many hands in the pot. Bit chaotic due to hardware issues and customer complaints.
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
no sick days, not very flexible with working from home
Nearly everyday was stressful. Workload was to heavy for the staff to keep up on. Always playing catch-up. Workplace/company culture was good. Management conducted monthly meetings to review company results & financials. Fun activities such as ping pong tournament were provided. Very poor severance package when they let you go due to no fault of your own.
Pros
Fairly good health insurance. Good Paid Time Off policy. Good 401K match
This is a great place to work. Great benefits and compensation for work. This company really cares about it's employees and shows it in many ways (employee recognition awards, merit raises, and special incentives). It's truly a great place to work; if you're doing your job well and enjoy what you do daily.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
N/a