Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

Now TD Bank
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 5, 2018
It's an okay job. Management had absolutely no clue what they were doing. This is coming from an employee who worked there at 20 years old. Management was extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Great for financial experience
Wonderful company to work for
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 1, 2018
Management always supported and developed me a much as they could. I enjoyed my years at Commerce Bank and will credit them with developing me into the manager that I am today.
stable and pleasant work environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 1, 2018
bank teller and customer service representative. great with people. handled ATM and Vault every day. Cash counting. many other duties and clerical as well
Pros
breaks, vacations, sick days, 401k
Cons
management not good
Na
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 1, 2018
limited advancement opportunities mainly due to department management not adequately evaluating performance in a fair and equal manner

some managers are clueless about work employees actual do or do not do - you can't lead from a position of poor knowledge

lack of accountability for managers that are poor performers or have poor staff management skills

managers performance can be poor without repercussion but equivalent performance from employee is considered more serious infraction

on the job harassment of employees is not taken up by HR

limited professional training opportunities unless one works in revenue producing department/role
Pros
culture
Cons
limited advancement opportunities; managers clueless about work employees actual do or do not do
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 29, 2018
Management in mortgage underwriting is superior. Great place to work with good teamwork atmosphere. Management gives the necessary support to do you daily tasks and utilize your experience. Overall this is the best place I have worked in 10 years.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Paying for parking
Great place to work if you have an unbiased manager.
Lead Teller / Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOOctober 29, 2018
My Group manager had a daughter that is friends with an employee. That employee got all the benefits that they could throw at her and often got preferential treatment. The job is fun and rewarding but ultimately if you don't know the right people your time is limited.

The company itself it great to work for and their benefits are amazing. The rewards you get for doing a great job are awesome too. This job is fast-paced and sales driven so it in more of a career than just a stepping stone job.
Pros
Great benefits and ample time off.
Cons
Management is not unbiased and fair.
first real job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Trooper, PAOctober 27, 2018
I learned a lot at this job but not my favorite. Commerce was taken over my TD shortly after I left so there is not much to say about them. The pay was horrible.
It was an okay place to work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2018
What I learned was that the job discounted my qualifications. I felt that they took advantage of me by requiring me to work every Saturday several weeks in a row,
It does not live up to stated "Values"
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Head quarters DowntownOctober 16, 2018
I was very excited when I started with Commerce. However, changing management, poor leadership, lack of support, lack of guidance, and working too much overtime. Communication from my managers was very poor.
Pros
getting to work through lunch, nights and weekends.
Cons
very poor communication or support
This is an excellent place to work. Offers job advancement and benefits packages.
Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time of employment with this company. The staff and managers were friendly and accommodating. Learned lot about teamwork and professionalism.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Can get stressful.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team and the moral was always high. I looked forward to helping other departments on a day to day basis to help productivity move along.
Pros
Enjoyed learning new tasks
Learned a lot but highly stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 9, 2018
Work at first is a lot of learning, which I enjoyed. Over time the rules changed and became more stricter. Scheduled bathroom breaks and limited time off the phones to de-stress. No support for when you have a rough day. Management and supervisors are never around to assist. Overall, I enjoyed the knowledge I gained but its a highly stressful job.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Over stressful environment
Commerce was a great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed doing a variety of tasks daily. The people I worked with were very nice and we got a long well as a team. Very motivational with different events that took place.
Pros
Close to home
Commerce Bank review
Mail Room Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work, with a lot of opportunities to advance in the work place. I do not feel that you get paid enough for all of the work you do, but overall is a good place to work.
Great organization with a rich history.
Vice President, Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2018
Commerce Bank is very strong within it's markets.

At Commerce Bank, our customers are at the center of all that we do. And we do a lot, from helping families plan for their future to giving businesses more room to grow. We get excited about people’s goals – almost as excited as they do. Fortunately we have over 150 years of experience and many strong, established products to back us up. From Bloomington, Illinois to Denver, Colorado, and at 184 branches in between, we serve individuals, families, businesses and communities at the local branch, the ATM, online and through our 24/7 customer service line.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KS 66502September 21, 2018
I was lucky enough to be hired for this position with no banking experience at all. I really enjoyed being a teller though. The people I worked with were wonderful, and the customers were polite. The hours were great. It was not a stressful position. The pay could have been more but again we're talking banker's hours. I have no complaints.
Pros
great hours and work atmosphere
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 20, 2018
I worked here when it was Commerce Bank for nearly four years. The "WOW the Customer" culture was a great fit for me and I really enjoyed going to work. The leadership is very passionate about the company mission and is very nimble for a large company. The culture is not for everyone and has been compared to a cult. This may have changed since being acquired by TD Bank. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and if there was more opportunity for career advancement and more investment in leadership development, I would have stayed. Unfortunately for me, I was in a dead-end job...
Great Company
Vice President / National Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Wonderful culture at Commerce bank. I really enjoy management and the challenges I face every day. I would strongly recommend only the most dedicated professionals apply.
fun workplace
SALES COORDINATOR-CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work at Commerce consisted of helping customers with their financial needs, opening and promoting new accounts. The workplace was fast-paced, and very competitive, at the same time family oriented.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Great Small bank in Philadelphia northern New Jersey area.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
Great small bank in the Northeast. No longer exists. Really catered to the customer had extended hours on weekends. No charge for money order and checks for account holders.
Pros
Very good bank
Cons
no longer around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commerce Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight