Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

Commerce Bank, Fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2018
I supervised 10 people in the loan department. We were in charge of preparing loan documentation and sending it to our branches. I learned a lot about being a supervisor. Management was wonderful.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to write someone up for something they did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Working with wonderful people
Cons
Can't miss over so many days without a write up.
Not a culture I would want to return to
Business Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
Very old school culture with glass ceiling and follows the good old boys system for advancements. It's been years since I worked there and hopefully things have changed. The pay wasn't good but it's banking.
Ok
Loan Closer Setup-Consumer Lending (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2018
Really good training. Pretty flexible. Downtown is a drawback. Have to pay for parking. Managers not always addressing conflict between departments.
The best place ive ever worked
Personal Banker Associate (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 16, 2018
Commerce Bank is the best place ive ever been employed. From the staff to the customers, i cant imagine a better place. Banking can be hard sometime but with the right staff it is worth it.
a lot of responsibility.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJMay 16, 2018
• Handle day by day customer transaction. cashing checks and deposit. Drive thru transaction and more.
• Heavy interaction with customers and refer bank products.
Pros
bonus every quaters, good healthcare benefit
Cons
short break.
Great Community
Personal Bank Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2018
The company was absolutely fantastic and the management knew how to support employees and work with everyone while still getting the job done effectively. The work is very repetitive, but the workers around you make the work feel much better.
Pros
Good Company and Awesome Management
Cons
Repetitive Work
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
I don't know why they ask these questions about employers you haven't worked for in 10 years--I'm sure things have changed since I've worked here! I can say I enjoyed working there for the time I did.
Great place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJMay 14, 2018
Great place to start working. There is room to grow and advance on the corporate ladder. They have a great policy to interact with the public and engage them.
An enjoyable job
Personal Banker I Utility (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 13, 2018
I like working for Commerce Bank. There are many perks, the hours are steady and the pay is good. Management listens to ideas and the company culture is sensitive.
na
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOMay 8, 2018
A typical workday for Commerce is very productive. You are expected to interact with customers to find solutions for them. The culture is typically very opening and supportive
Totally Incompetent
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2018
The management here is completely clueless. They like to think they're a mega-bank, but they're very unimportant in the grand scheme of banking. HR is clueless on talent and retaining top people.
Over worked & under paid, one sided and treat employees like dirt
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  St. LouisApril 27, 2018
Extremely poor management and guidelines, every situation is one sided. You work several weeks in a row6-7 without two days off, working every Saturday, no rotation. Company wants no overtime, but is at a 40% hiring rate right now because of the non competitive pay and little time off for a healthy personal life. In a short time I witnessed several people leave for higher paying jobs with better affordable benefits due to a lack of advancement and overall poor staff treatment. Commerce Bank does not stand behind employees when it's needed the most. They care about sales and pushing product. Sales goals are impossible to reach. Each banker is "universal," but there isn’t any sort of rotation. They don’t have tellers, but as a PB1 that’s all you do is work the teller line. The human resource department is a joke, don’t bother contacting them for advice, they insult you and make you out to be the bad guy. Overall a horrible experience, worst job ever.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, working every weekend, under paid, poor management, poor raises
great company-stressful dept
Home Equity Consumer Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2018
Some management is hard to work under. No procedures for new programs and many work arounds created. Some things you need to know are not at your exposure.
Nice part time job at night
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 19, 2018
Balanced the bank cashiers' drawers, fast paced, had to have everything finished for each day, had to work until all drawers were completed and balanced
Great company, I enjoy the people and the culture.
Repossession Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64105April 14, 2018
A great place to work. I would definitely recommend this company to others. They offer a great work life balance & there are always opportunities available to advance.
Pros
Hours, location.
Cons
Compensation
Excellent place to work with great benefits
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2018
Good benefits with lots of room to move up but very slow to do so, however probably one of the best banks to work for in the area competitively. Having worked in more than one region (Southwest to West) management does vary. I like KC market better than Springfield market.
Part Time Teller
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Commerce Bank while I was in college. I had a very flexible schedule. I enjoyed the people i worked with and had great relationships with the clients.
Commerce has a great culture.
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 10, 2018
Commerce has a great work place culture. Commerce offers great benefits for employees by offering paid sick time, vacation time, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Great company to work for. No complaints.
Personal Banker Associate Utility (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 9, 2018
Good place to work with lots of room for advancement. Company has a great culture and values they strive to maintain. Would recommend anyone to check them out.
Pros
Great employees and managers.
Cons
None.
Great company
SVP (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2018
If I hadn't had a once in a lifetime opportunity presented to me I would still be there. Great management, good benefits. Unfortunately, its a bank so salary and overall compensation lags behind the market for my industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commerce Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight