Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good okay enough
Recovery Senior Servicing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2018
Stuck in this time warp stop and let this go. Why so many charcters this should be optional or by choice.Still more letters are needed to get out of this box. This should stop
Productive and fun place working in the banking industry
Customer Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 8, 2018
My job description was teller/customer service representative. Assisted customer with their banking transactions, safe deposit boxes, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, online banking, counting large or small bank deposits. Customer service representative opening and closing accounts, annuities, CD's and other additional customer service requirements.
Pros
Fun friendly environment
Cons
Faced pace and difficult customers
Produtive, challenging and fune place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 6, 2018
Productive and quick-paced work environment. Friendly atmosphere with fellow employees. Challenging with keeping up to date with federal guidelines.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJAugust 2, 2018
Very much a micromanaged environment.
Very tense office with no room to grow.
Very competitive without any business relationships.
Hardest was that we were all very much watched on every move we made.
Great environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, lots of opportunities for growth and great co-workers and an amazing management staff. Sometimes it didn't even feel like work, customers help to make the day go by faster and most of the customers are very pleasant.
It was a stable place to work
ATM/Debit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  386 Main st Worcester Ma 01608August 1, 2018
Over the years I have see the growth of the company. The company has adapted to technology and new regulations. Started as a small bank and has developed into a competitive bank. The company not only has grown in numbers but strength.
Pros
The ability to adapt
Cons
May need to slow down to catch up
Ok
Sr. Accounting Payment Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 26, 2018
This place did a great training that was fun and engaging. They are not a fun place to work at however as staff is boring and stiff and never communicates.
commerace bank
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2018
I worked the front desk and my job was too answer the phones and make spared sheets for the day and order food for conference etc. the part I like the most was the team I worked with and how organized it was
Bank Teller Manager
Weekend Supervisor/ Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working at the bank. Taking care of all the tellers, managing the floor, counting the vault, tallying up loans. I would still be there if I made more money. I recently thought about going back to school and getting a degree in accounting.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
pay
na
CUSTOMER SERVICE/LOAN SERVICING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141July 2, 2018
Typical call center environment. Fast paced. Management is not so bad but have a tend to keep looking over your shoulder.. Little room for advancement.
Good Place to work overall
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2018
There is call center life and there is branch life.
Call Center is phones all day and have to be on phones at least 91% of the time.
Branch life is laid back, take lunch breaks for an hour, nice environment, you know the good life.
Call Center is best when you have management job or training.
Okay not great
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 22, 2018
Retail mortgage div is slow to change with the industry. Management is out of touch w/field. Nice people wk there and I enjoyed working with them. There is room for improvement and I do believe if they truly commit to the industry they will have a huge impact in the Midwest.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
comm structure, guidance, out of touch with industry
No advancement opportunities and low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 21, 2018
When you start at Commerce bank you are not paid until after 4 weeks which makes it hard if you don't have support or a second job. I would not recommend this posti
company no longer around
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 18, 2018
Good training, longer hours. Company did teach me what I know about banking and was a great first full time job. The company is no longer around as it was acquired buy another bank.
Great Benefits for part-time employees
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOJune 13, 2018
The typical day at commerce was very monotonous. The days never really varied in tasks. I did learn how to communicate more effectively with customers and I learned marketing tactics as well. The hardest part was meetings sales, when you always saw the same customers. The most enjoyable aspect was the people I worked with.
Pros
Paid time off, Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Hours varied, management was out of the loop
Nothing but great
AVP PBI Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 7, 2018
Mercantil Commercebank now Mercantil Bank was a great
experience in my career as Personal and Private Banker at all levels.

Excellent and transparent Career path program
Office culture
Digital Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141June 5, 2018
The office culture was dry . I hated to go to work everyday, The people where nice and they trained very well. It was not the type of job that had alot of excitement. I enjoyed helping the customers.
Pros
Training staff
Cons
micromangement, workplace culture, compensation
High paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2018
People can work only with motivation. High competivnes. Very nice environment for enyone who works at a location were i had been worked. Friendly atmospare and polite communication between co workers and to clientes as well.
Pros
Less lanch time
Cons
Short brake.
Commerce Bank, Fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2018
I supervised 10 people in the loan department. We were in charge of preparing loan documentation and sending it to our branches. I learned a lot about being a supervisor. Management was wonderful.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to write someone up for something they did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Working with wonderful people
Cons
Can't miss over so many days without a write up.
Not a culture I would want to return to
Business Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
Very old school culture with glass ceiling and follows the good old boys system for advancements. It's been years since I worked there and hopefully things have changed. The pay wasn't good but it's banking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commerce Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight