Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

It was an okay place to work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2018
What I learned was that the job discounted my qualifications. I felt that they took advantage of me by requiring me to work every Saturday several weeks in a row,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team and the moral was always high. I looked forward to helping other departments on a day to day basis to help productivity move along.
Pros
Enjoyed learning new tasks
Learned a lot but highly stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 9, 2018
Work at first is a lot of learning, which I enjoyed. Over time the rules changed and became more stricter. Scheduled bathroom breaks and limited time off the phones to de-stress. No support for when you have a rough day. Management and supervisors are never around to assist. Overall, I enjoyed the knowledge I gained but its a highly stressful job.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Over stressful environment
Commerce was a great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed doing a variety of tasks daily. The people I worked with were very nice and we got a long well as a team. Very motivational with different events that took place.
Pros
Close to home
Commerce Bank review
Mail Room Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work, with a lot of opportunities to advance in the work place. I do not feel that you get paid enough for all of the work you do, but overall is a good place to work.
Great organization with a rich history.
Vice President, Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2018
Commerce Bank is very strong within it's markets.

At Commerce Bank, our customers are at the center of all that we do. And we do a lot, from helping families plan for their future to giving businesses more room to grow. We get excited about people’s goals – almost as excited as they do. Fortunately we have over 150 years of experience and many strong, established products to back us up. From Bloomington, Illinois to Denver, Colorado, and at 184 branches in between, we serve individuals, families, businesses and communities at the local branch, the ATM, online and through our 24/7 customer service line.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KS 66502September 21, 2018
I was lucky enough to be hired for this position with no banking experience at all. I really enjoyed being a teller though. The people I worked with were wonderful, and the customers were polite. The hours were great. It was not a stressful position. The pay could have been more but again we're talking banker's hours. I have no complaints.
Pros
great hours and work atmosphere
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 20, 2018
I worked here when it was Commerce Bank for nearly four years. The "WOW the Customer" culture was a great fit for me and I really enjoyed going to work. The leadership is very passionate about the company mission and is very nimble for a large company. The culture is not for everyone and has been compared to a cult. This may have changed since being acquired by TD Bank. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and if there was more opportunity for career advancement and more investment in leadership development, I would have stayed. Unfortunately for me, I was in a dead-end job...
Great Company
Vice President / National Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Wonderful culture at Commerce bank. I really enjoy management and the challenges I face every day. I would strongly recommend only the most dedicated professionals apply.
fun workplace
SALES COORDINATOR-CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work at Commerce consisted of helping customers with their financial needs, opening and promoting new accounts. The workplace was fast-paced, and very competitive, at the same time family oriented.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Great Small bank in Philadelphia northern New Jersey area.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
Great small bank in the Northeast. No longer exists. Really catered to the customer had extended hours on weekends. No charge for money order and checks for account holders.
Pros
Very good bank
Cons
no longer around
I enjoyed the banking industry
Bank Card Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 27, 2018
Great learning environment, Definitely an opportunity for entry level experience for a first time job. Great management and supportive staff and Co-Workers
Productive and fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 14, 2018
Fast-paced environment. You will rarely be bored.
Relaxed but professional atmosphere.
Emphasis on customer relationships, and less on selling products.
Good okay enough
Recovery Senior Servicing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2018
Stuck in this time warp stop and let this go. Why so many charcters this should be optional or by choice.Still more letters are needed to get out of this box. This should stop
Produtive, challenging and fune place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 6, 2018
Productive and quick-paced work environment. Friendly atmosphere with fellow employees. Challenging with keeping up to date with federal guidelines.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
Sr. Accounting Payment Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 26, 2018
This place did a great training that was fun and engaging. They are not a fun place to work at however as staff is boring and stiff and never communicates.
commerace bank
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2018
I worked the front desk and my job was too answer the phones and make spared sheets for the day and order food for conference etc. the part I like the most was the team I worked with and how organized it was
na
CUSTOMER SERVICE/LOAN SERVICING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141July 2, 2018
Typical call center environment. Fast paced. Management is not so bad but have a tend to keep looking over your shoulder.. Little room for advancement.
Good Place to work overall
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2018
There is call center life and there is branch life.
Call Center is phones all day and have to be on phones at least 91% of the time.
Branch life is laid back, take lunch breaks for an hour, nice environment, you know the good life.
Call Center is best when you have management job or training.
Okay not great
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 22, 2018
Retail mortgage div is slow to change with the industry. Management is out of touch w/field. Nice people wk there and I enjoyed working with them. There is room for improvement and I do believe if they truly commit to the industry they will have a huge impact in the Midwest.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
comm structure, guidance, out of touch with industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commerce Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight