Commercial Fire Protection, Inc.

Commercial Fire Protection, Inc. Employee Reviews

not terrible but also not the best. People around you care but not so much management, there more focused on getting the job finished which makes sense but not when the employees don't know what there doing.
Pros
401k, no micromanagement for the most part
I’m happy to work with Commerical fire protection because they have Great management, stable job And good benefits.................... Also you can grow with them.
Title says it all. The day goes by pretty fast. However, there is no advancement, even if you get perfect attendance while you work there and work your butt off. They’ll stretch you to work as far as they can for literally dimes. Unreliable managers as well. HR is the worst! Not helpful at all. She sees you tying your shoe, immediately reports you for not working! Sad part is the managers will take her word for it over yours any day. The pay was trash! They will try to offer you the least they can, to their benefit and not yours. Work here only if you’re desperate. You’re worth more than you think!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management, unreliable, no job security, no job advancement
Very good work atmosphere, great team, and relaxed working environment. I would recommend CFP to anyone who is looking for a competitive, entry level position with a great opportunity for advancements.
I have been working for CFP for one year now and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I think that CFP has a great management team and offers a lot in terms of benefits and opportunities for someone pursuing a career in fire protection. At previous companies i felt like i was trapped in a single position as either a fire alarm or fire sprinkle tech, but at CFP I have the opportunity to branch out and learn about other systems such as standpipes, hydrants, carbon monoxide systems, refuge access systems, fire pumps and more. I chose fire protection as my career and my goal is to learn as much as i can to expand my horizons within the fire protection field and CFP is a great company that offers me the ability to learn and become proficient in fire and life safety systems. They offer many benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, safety training and discounts at many places like Disneyland which i never had offered to me before from other companies. I look forward to continuing my career with CFP and continuing to learn and grow as a fire and life safety technician.
Pros
Growth opportunities, Great management team, Great benefits
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They love short changing people when your promised a number they will degraded you when it comes time for a raise. They will fight you over a 1 dollar raise.
Pros
Best coworkers
Cons
Hourly pay
Commercial fire protection was a decent place to work, hours were normal. Mainly manual labor, lots of walking, carrying equipment up and down stairs all day. Not much room for growth but decent for a temporary job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room for growth
Start the day off by navigating to the properties that are on schedule. Upon arrival contact management and plan the inspection accordingly. Proceed with inspection and note take any and all faults and inquiries from staff and or property owners and complete with pass or fail
Pros
company car and gas card/for materails
Cons
I would recommend this company for employment and growth opportunities. Fast paced and competitive while maintaining a small company friendly feel. The management is hands on and works directly with employees in the field.
Upper Mgmt. Lacking in every way ! H/R Dept. Doesn't Do Their Jobs at all ! No Training for advancement. There is alot better companies out there. You can do better at any other company than this one. To Mgmt. you are just a number.
Pros
Cons
They are not a company that supports their employees .
I wish I could outline all of the reasons to not work for this company but this site wont allow it. Just go elsewhere and you will be fine. So many unqualified people at this company from the top down, its mind blowing.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everthing
Insurmountable goals, terrible work life balance, typical to contact you after work hours and weekends, upper management lacked leadership and accountability.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Lack of direction
this place was good work experience. They trained me on fire alarm installations and how to work on a residential site. They give everyone a fair chance.
When I started in the company I was able to escalate fairly quickly but was never given the proper training to succeed when given promotions. When asking for assistance or training I wAS given the run around.
Pros
Young, fun bosses
Cons
Lack of guidance to help employees advance
Working at Commercial Fire Protection had its ups and downs. Schedule location was very inconsistent and would usually change the night before or you would actually have to drive to another location in the middle of the day. Gas compensation was promised but never followed up on. Offered benefits but rarely answered any question regarding your benefits information. Management was extremely unorganized and showed very little empathy for its employees.
Pros
free lunches, hires everybody
Cons
poor management, unreliable
good place to work real nice people to work with nice clean place to work also hardest part was doing 100lb cyl full weight is around 330lbs
Cons
only 10 min breaks
I found the work with company to be very fast pace and challenging.