Commercial Investment Properties Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Incredible Company with Opportunity for Advancement
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2018
Fun, fast-paced work day. Get to meet so many new people. Wonderful fellow employees and management/leadership team. If you are able to learn quickly, work hard, go above and beyond, there are ample opportunities for career advancement.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy tenants.

Most enjoyable part of the job is everything else the job entails. It's an exciting and growing company to work for, with the best co-workers you could ask for.
Pros
Rent Discount, Great Benefits, Great Support/Resource System
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Excellent Employer
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 17, 2018
CIP is an excellent company to work for. Great upper management, they are always so supportive. The benefits are great. There is opportunity for advancement, if you do great! They give you all the tools and training you need to succeed in your role.

I would highly recommend working for CIP, it has been the most pleasant and exciting place I have ever worked. You learn so much about property management, customer retention & more.
Pros
Great Company Atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Do Not Recommend
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 4, 2017
Everything is done by upper management, I worked at 2 of the larger properties. Leasing consultants are just there to get yelled at and do most of the grunt work. To get a manager position you do have to be friends with the right people, they do not promote based on experience or ability to do the job.
The pay and discounts are not worth the stress and chaos that you have to deal with.
Pros
Company Events, Rent Discounts
Cons
Stressful, Bad Management, Bad Pay
Do not reccomend
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2017
Team on property was great to work with, but upper management was always trying to function at a corp level which took away from the professional, personal aspect of things. It also took away from the familial aspect that the company loves to throw around. They do not motivate their employees and recognition is just as much. Meeting new residents and getting to know them was the best part of the job. CIP seems to pay their employees at the lower end and seems as though overall pay is lower than average in Omaha.
Pros
residents, very easy tasks
Cons
upper management, micromanagement
Official response from Commercial Investment Properties
May 3, 2017

Thank you for your comment on Indeed! At CIP, we are proud of our employees, and we go out of our way to show appreciation for their work. Aside from our competitive compensation, commission and benefits packages, we love to provide our employees with fun bonus-driven competitions, as well as company events. Along with our vacation and sick leave benefits, we take our employees and their families on a company-paid Omaha Zoo outing each year. Additionally, we close our offices for our employees to enjoy a day of golf, food, and lots of prizes. This year, we were thrilled to host a holiday party for our CIP co-workers, as well. At CIP, we understand that our employees want to "give back.” CIP CARES is a program our employees use to serve in their community. Full-time employees are given 16 hours each year of paid time to work in community outreach. We are proud that our employees have used time for service toward City Mission projects, hospital volunteer work, helping children in the classroom, the Humane Society and many more worthwhile programs throughout all our communities.

Fun and enjoyable workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 29, 2016
Commercial Investment Properties is a fun and enjoyable place to work. Everyday is a different day and i enjoy getting to know the residents.
Pros
Co-workers and the work itself
Cons
Not getting recognized for your accomplishments, management
Not recommended
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2016
They do not empower their employees to do their jobs. They dumb it down and most of the work is done at the corp level. They allow some employees to quit multiple times and return despite their attitude and behavior on the job. They fire people without proper disciplinary action or thorough investigation.
Pros
company events
Cons
low pay compared to other mgmt companies in Omaha
Assistant Property Manager
Assistant Property Manager/ Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 3, 2015
Decent pay for industry standards and nice rental compensation if you live on site or at a "sister" property. Upper management doesn't understand needs of day to day operations and lacked involvement at times. Then again a lot of micro-managing going on at the actual apartment complex. A lot of promises unkept when intially accepted job. CIP likes to move around their employees to different apartment complexes, which never made sense to me. One of the joys of property management is getting to know your property and the residents that lived there. That was the biggest complaint I heard from co-workers while employed.
Pros
Decent pay, rental compensation, well known company
Cons
Moved to different properties, too much of a corporate feel when a lof of tasks could be handled on site
Learning Experience
Family owned company
Locally owned and operated
Great place to work!
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastern NebraskaJanuary 29, 2015
It is a great place to work. Opportunity to volunteer in the community as well as have an opportunity to get to know your coworkers since we're all at different locations
Local company that promotes growth
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 7, 2015
CIP is a local business that is very present in the apartment real estate market and continuously expanding in the Nebraska market.
Physical ability a must
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 31, 2014
Pros: Great workout, great people to work with, and lot of outdoor exposure.

Cons: Alot of work for mediocre pay.

Start early in the morning and perform lawncare on multiple apartment complexes.
Great Company, Great Management, Not so Great Pay
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2014
A typical day as a leasing consultant is to respond to any leads, set appointments, give tours of apartments, help any residents with any problems they have, and work as a team to make sure the complex runs efficiently.
I have learned more skills on how to sell and how to work with prospects. This has developed my sales and I have learned a lot on how to run a company/ complex more effectively.
Management here is great. They make sure every lead is contacted and the communication is spot on. They answer all questions and if they do not know the answer, they will find it out for you and not leave you without one.
You could not ask for better co-workers. Most people that work here have to be able to keep up with constant change and are like-minded individuals. You will not have lazy employees because they will not last as a Leasing consultant.
The hardest part of the job is that there is down time. Summer is crazy, but all the months after can be kind of dull and there will be times where you are looking for anything to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is selling apartments. They keep stats on everything and it is fun to see where you rank up with all the CIP properties. Plus you get commission.
The only thing with commission is that it is capped. This is annoying because you could sell an apartment for $500 and receive the same commission for selling one at $1500. So pay here is not the greatest. Also managers do not make enough for the amount of work they do.
Pros
Workplace, environment, training
Cons
Low pay, down time
Loved the interaction with potential residents, residents and staff.
Leasing Consultant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2014
Open and closed office. Showed apartments, lease overviews, collected rents, made sure all service calls were completed. Worked close with maintenance manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commercial Investment Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

Commercial Investment Properties Reviews by Location