Commodity Forwarders Inc Employee Reviews

boring extressful bad paid
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2019
bad paid cheap no overtime watching you over your back rashinng the drivers start $17 dollars a hours for class a no good managers do not care about the employee they intimidate people to lose they job I never see main owner talking to employees asking if any thing that can make the job easer and more productive .
Pros
relax
Cons
bad paid short breaks
Need more money to survive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
It was easy and a excellent place to work at but they kept changing my days off too many times and i needed more money second reason i resigned other than that everything was great awesome people work there
This job really help me position myself to a greater role for swing shift.
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2019
The company provided food and beverages every Friday which was perfect for my situation and also the maintenance of cleanliness was top priority. The team was excellent.
Pros
Free lunches once a month and on Friday.
Cons
Short breaks.
Inconsistent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 2, 2019
New people training new people and management is not straightforward with you. Kind of like a high school setting tensions are high. Management says one thing and does another. There is no communication that flows between the different departments.
Pros
With the morning shift you get off early
Cons
No communication
Workload always steady. Very nice people to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
Really enjoyed working with the Staff and the climate controlled Warehouse.
Busy seasons were rewarding and challenging with A great management to support in the operations was truly a pleasure to be involved.
Unorganized workplace
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 7, 2018
Higher Management doesn’t really care. Training protocols suck. Recently new hires training newer hires. The pay sucks especially for warehousemen.........
Challenging task
2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kalihi, HIAugust 15, 2018
At first, it was okay, but we were so short staffed that it took a toll on some of my workers as well as myself. I hope after I left that they would hire more workers, this job was a real challenge and time consuming and I've worked 12+ hours just to make things presentable for consumers, I give it up to my crew for sticking it out on the majority of the work week, having to lift and sort through heavy and large bins was a challenge for our crew. Best wishes for this company and hoped they have an easier process for their crews to work with or a new routine of how they get things done to make it a smoothe process.
Commodity forwarders inc is a good company. Management needs to be fair and actually needs to spend time training employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96816August 7, 2018
Commodity forwarders inc is a good company. Just a tip management needs to get more involved with staffing and training. Management needs to be fair. Policy and procedures put in places should be followed with no exception
Great place to be employed!
Domestic Air Freight Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2018
Very fast paced, attention to detail is a MUST! Often under staffed. Proper training is often not provided due to large workloads and lack of training staff.
Review Summary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2018
typical day at work

i learned how to qc fish

management was fair

workplace culture is fun

hard par of the job is that its super cold

enjoyable part is working with good people around you as a team
Only management sucks
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2018
They have two CDL A trucks. You mostly drive CDL B trucks. You load and unload product. Mostly cold food product. This place is great, they work with your hours and the work is easy for decent pay and the coworkers are like family.
One bad thing makes working here impossible; the management sucks. I mean, you have your normal amount of sucky management but this one here is bizzare! Dispatchers are immature, unprofessional, unknowledgeable of CDL driver requirements, quick to blame anyone but themselves and manage by pure assumption. They require only 5 minute pre OR post safety checks (not a minute longer or you'll get sent home). You're treated like children and you're not aloud to ask questions until they are not busy anymore (but they are always busy). You're constantly talked down to and can never speak to clear up misunderstandings because they cut you off with baffeling assumptions while jumping to bizzare conclusions, then promptly ending the unfinished conversation by sending you on another load that's about to be late. When drivers bring their concerns to HR, the manager makes note of it and says "again?", but nothing is done about any situation. You constantly see a different driver arguing with the dispatchers several times a day. Even those "happy go-lucky" type people argue with them. Employees who have been working here for years have started to quit since new management started around middle of 2017. If the dispatchers ever quit (or finally get fired), I'd give this job 5 stars and probably re-apply.
Pros
Easy work, competitive pay, flexible work hours, awesome co-workers
Cons
Horrible management
good job
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 6, 2018
it is good work with a very good collective just that you do not earn enough and there are not many benefits it was quite cold it was a good job because I learned many things about warehouses
Domestics Operations
Domestics Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2018
The work is fairly good. You are able to learn the ins and outs of freight forwarding and customer services. I wouldn't recommend working in Domestics. The supervisor has very poor management skills. Very unprofessional. The supervisor likes to micromanage everything and it's very hostile. As time goes by it becomes more about the drama then the work. He makes things more stressful and it's already since it's perishables. Personally I would rather work for international department.
Cons
Hostile bad benefits
Awesome workers
dispatch lead/supervisor/cdl driver (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819July 12, 2017
Communication, respect, and being a team-player is the key...if you have all of that, the workers will want to work and not hesitate to do the things you ask of them. Incentives for all employees...if company safety and policy rules are abided and should be mandated yearly, so employees feel appreciated.
More like Ohana than coworkers
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 22, 2017
Started as a delivery driver for any & every route as I learned them. Worked my way up to lead then supervisor inadvertently by 2015. Hard work gets noticed here. Management sucked towards the end of my tenure but was still a great place to work. Management has gone thru revamps & changes for the better since my departure from the company. 3 different shifts but we were all like 1 big family. Learned & practiced driving cdl straight trucks as well as tractor trailers.
Pros
Ohana atmosphere. Advancement opportunities. Fun place to work. Chilled warehouse.
Cons
Previous management sucked
Good work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 15, 2017
A great place to work, with friendly management and co-workers. Pay is pretty decent, but could be better since the cost of living is so high there, but would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
Great work environment
productive place to work
dispatch lead/supervisor/cdl driver (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 8, 2017
I work with a great team of drivers. Only negative thing is, I wish the drivers wouldnt get into little accidents, so we could get inccentives or awards. Other then that, this is a great place to work. The pay & benfits are there as well as advancement.
Productive work environment supervisor warehouse agent
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2017
It's a very fast paced work environment . I learned a lot about produce and seafood . Mostly salmon . Work environment very cold under 33 degrees . Must be able to be a multitasker for warehouse position . Be very attentive to detail . Management can be nice and tough at times .
Pros
Always work. Overtime.
Cons
On call. No benefits for part-timers
Keep busy and the overtime is great
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2017
The work is okay at times the people are sometimes very unprofessional and very lazy
Most equipment needs to be replaced
The pay rate for graveyard needs to go up not sure why the mangers dont push that concern main reason why that shift is always short staff
People that are under agencies there for a very long time needs to be put under company by now.

But the job is fun and you learn alot of new ways of thinking.
Pros
Great new way of thinking good overtime
Cons
Pay rate for graveyard is low owners of the company are unprofesstional
Great job everybody friendiy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 14, 2017
I learn how to check a truck make sure its good enough to go out on the road. I also learn how to back trucks up and its a very fun job to have your out there by yourself getting the job done
Pros
the faster you get done the faster you go home
Cons
nothing