Common Citizen

Common Citizen Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews

commonteamemployeeplacepeoplecompanymanagementgreat

Im middle of the road.

The crew that I worked with was great. However there was a lack of communication and respect from the top down, meaning upper-management and HR. The owners were all very personable and always friendly. There were just little things that I picked up on that seemed quite contradictory. That was just my experience though, I know people who have had both better and worse experiences.

Pros

Discount at the Dispensary

Mid

It’s well known the management with common citizen is pretty bad. It’s all about who you know and who you blow. People with zero experience in farming are put into supervisor jobs. So many useless middle management positions.

Common Citizen insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Con

They suck. Stop sending me the junk for their jobs when they fire everyone as soon as they hire them it's rediciclous and they have bad mold build up all over their building if you get sick from it they fire you. No matter what they will fire you.

Con

Cons

No health benefits, barely any breaks and poor management. Rude managers.

Everyone works together as a team

If you enjoy fast paced work then this is the place for you..I loved working for common citizen they are great people to work for.Compassion for cannabis is a must..

Great Interview Experience

I had a great interview experience with the cultivation captain. I had a great tour and the vibe I got from the tour and speaking with the cultivation captain was great. Looking for to see how it works out.

A mess of a company

Lean management isn't an excuse for mass layoffs or demotions. They pay well but you don't see very many people survive more then a year. It's a shady place I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Professional Environment

The people are very nice. The people care about the product they are making and have the goal of helping people. Very high paced environment. Extremely efficient greenhouse. In my experience, they did not live up to their core values.

Struggle Bus

Was great when I in Sept 2021, became a toxic work environment. Lots of unprofessional relationships between superiors and team workers. No accountability for the 100 + people laid off due to the "industry" taking a hit. Very upsetting to see all the jobs being posted of the people fired. Discouraging to say the least.

Bad management from top to bottom

Executive team is lost, bad leadership and nepotism are driving an awful culture of profit driven motives. Powder mildew is everywhere, product is seeded , many people complain of allergic reactions and no one listens.

Fun

It’s a fairly new business and it is doing its very best in a VERY new industry. The work is fun and the people are great. After 30+ years in service, I’m happy to go deal with plants. I never dread it.

Not a fun place to work

I loved the people and some of my coworkers. It just seemed like it was all against each other and not working as a team. Management says one thing then goes and does something completely opposite. Owners only seemed to care about the revenue and not the customers and employees. Very stressful environment when you don’t know what your doing and don’t have a clear line and how to get the job done efficiently and correct.

Very unorganized and extremely unprofessional management

Common Citizen is a total disaster, and it all starts with their poor management style. Good luck running your piece of garbage company into the ground where it belongs.

Pros

Cons

Everything - don't work here.

Run the other way, don't believe a word they say. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear every time, just like they do with their investors.

This is without a doubt the least honest company I have ever worked for, and I have worked for quite a few. It seemed like every week they would say one thing, then the next day they would do the exact opposite. Big fan of the blame game here too. There's way too many managers and executives, and most of them act like they're only there for a paycheck. Far too many people here pointing fingers and throwing others under the bus, without any kind of personal responsibility.

Would not recommend

I worked for common for over a year. In that time I saw some pretty crazy things take place. Poor management, poor safety standards, and poor morals. Not a health place to work mentally or physically.

An absolute mess

I loved the idea of working with a business that had such an amazing slogan “Cannabis for Humanity” when I first got there. I was a bud tender, and my coworkers were so kind and helpful. But quickly I saw major issues. No one wanted to take responsibility for the problems. Not my general manager, or their bosses. They always blame employees who 1) had no control over the situation/not their responsibility or 2) were poorly trained (we were all so confused about what exactly IS our responsibility). Last minute cancelled work parties & meetings, and empty promises of “growth” that never appeared. no one really cared what we thought or needed, or took action to make positive changes. Let’s not forget how they LIED to employees about MAJOR changes that impacted every single one of us. We had Months-long stretches of being understaffed because we couldn’t keep employees. Corporate would FIGHT to not pay us overtime on top of the promised (in writing) holiday pay on applicable days. To clarify, I left before they most recently laid off so many people. Do not trust Common Citizen, because they honestly have NO humanity in their practices.

From what you know, to who you blow

It went from job production merit awards to a sea of white coat "engineers" , paid 3 times what we made hourly, instead of paying us more for increased production. This company from the start hired all lbtq, and every minority that applied to get the most tax breaks, and wound up with a clueless management team and leads.

They do not practice what they preach

I went into this facility to work and gain knowledge of the industry. I was in awe when I first started, but that quickly faded once I met the CEO and started asking questions. There's a lot they hide and they are 100% full of empty promises.

Absolutely horrible management

Horrible management, and horrible communication. They lie about what there real goal is, which is to make money. They also sell you moldy cannabis that’s been thrown in a giant microwave.

Great place for a second, went down hill

I’ve worked at Common Citizen for about a year and a half. They just laid off 100 employees (including myself) and are closing stores. It seems as if the company is really struggling to keep the lights on. I really loved my work there and am passionate about cannabis.If you apply here know your job is not secure and could be taken from you with 0 notice.

Great human-centric workplace

Common Citizen is a great place to work! The core principles and practices of the company place people above product.This makes CC stand out in the cannabis industry where avarice is abundant.

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement and trying new things, lean management system, limited bureaucracy, caring and compassionate leaders

Cons

Newer business, so some structures/processes are still being figured out

Poor management

No one there seems to know what they are doing. They just throw stuff at the wall and hope it sticks. Offered incentives and wouldn't pay them out. Definitely a toxic work environment.

Common questions about Common Citizen

Answered by current and former employees at Common Citizen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Common Citizen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Common Citizen in popular locations

Common Citizen reviews by popular job title

• Common Citizen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?