Commonwealth Care Alliance Employee Reviews

My Experience at CCA
Clinical Operations Associate, Care Planning Unit (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMay 19, 2018
My typical day at work would be processing Minimum Data Set Applications for the elderly and persons with disabilities regarding their health.

I learned the urgency/importance of patients'/members' needs in regards to their healthcare.

I think the management there is awesome. My boss let's my team and I know what needs to be done and sends out emails on a regular basis when needed.

I love the workplace culture. It's a nice healthcare setting, spacious, and I love its location. I love how there's a café there as well. Also, the employees and bosses are cool.

The hardest part of the job would be submitting in as many applications in before the deadline (before the new month starts). Depended upon how many of those on the team are available that time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when holidays come around, potlucks, birthdays, job anniversaries, etc. for time of celebration and showing appreciate for the hard work being done.
Pros
there's always work to do
Cons
lunch being taken when placed in the fridge while name written on it
Slow pace
Team Lead Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2018
Too slow paced for me. Good working environment

Very flexible laid back environment;

Multiple culture personal

Lots of parties in office very distracting while trying to work
Pros
Fex sched
Cons
Lots of parties in office very distracting while trying to work
good company with good vision, but
Clinical Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2018
good company with good vision, but the managers often have huge communication gaps and take advantage of temps to do extra work till they quit. new structure has made it more about money than helping people.
Pros
averge pay, positive message, feel good about work
Cons
lack of any real communication often leaves employees and members in the dark
A great company to work with
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2018
The workload is heavy with many details. The people were friendly to work with got along with all my coworkers. Great and friendly working environment.
Need a good job give it a shot
Senior Business Intelligence Medical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Very dysfunctional and disorganized. If you like your job keep it, or keep looking. Life is full of challenges. Meet yours and you will be fine so good luck.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Lack of clear job progression
Poor management and stressful work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinical/Administration SupportJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at this company consisted of answering inbound calls in the call center, although I was hired as Administrative Assistant/Reception, I never completed any administrative work, only answered inbound calls all day, took TE messages for providers and scanning. This position was definitely not Administrative Support/Receptionist. When I attempted to speak with manager and human resources, was told the position is what it is! Poor management, misleading job description, no teamwork or support from management in the Clinical Support Unit!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful work environment, treated as though you are a child, every time you step away from your desk, you had to announce it!
Commonwealthcare Alliance
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Very difficult commute into the downtown Boston area. Work environment is extremely limited with very little privacy and appropriate accommodations. Organization is maturing, but is overly dependent on vendors.
Pros
Compensation, well intended mission.
Cons
Immature governance
Great workplace
Health Educator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2018
Working at CCA was an excellent experience. Co-workers are really nice and collaborative and you have a lot of opportunities to improve your skills. I recommend CCA.
Scheduling
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
I rebuild the system and Successful schedule patient and made sure the benefit was explained to the patient before scheduling the appointment at home, give the location to the nurses in that area to make it convened for both the patient and the staff. Great office space nice co worker and training provided
Pros
longer hours
Cons
Not good managerment
Current chnages in company has made it an undisireable place to work
Clinical documentation improvement specialist/CRC (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 20, 2017
CCA has gone through multiple growing pains and it has become an unlikeable place to work. I enjoyed working here for the first 2 years and now I do not even want to go in to the office, too much negativity now
Nice Place to Work Management Unprofessional
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 12, 2017
This company pays well and has good benefits, however, Management is very unprofessional. HR does not stand with Employees.

Many Mgrs are cohorts and outsiders are not welcomed.
Pros
Salary, Benes
Cons
Unprofessional Management and HR
Benefits and Company mission is awesome but management is not
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Upper management does not seem to care about the people that get things done and a micro-manager w/o experience of a manager is a problem to start off.
Pros
Benefits and company mission, food.
Cons
Micro managers, under valued as an employee, too much side conversations within managements to let others grow
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MASeptember 7, 2017
Worked at CCA for almost 4 years
Had a great manager really supportive of our team
Excellent team work
friendly caring co-workers
Competitve pay
great benefits
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Working after hours to complete paperwork
Productive and fun place to work.
Health Outreach Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work, good people with a lot of knowledge. I learned many things on my internship. There is room for advancement within the company. Management is always there to help and are very much involved.
Pros
lots of food, great peopole, great benefits.
Good company, needs improvement with career growth
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
Company mission statement and stellar commitment to its members are truly the gems of the organization. There is much needed improvement on management culture, career growth opportunities, and competent resources to accomplish major but basic tasks.
Overall, a good place to work
Director, Compliance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
Fast-paced growing company. Developing career paths. Lately, it is becoming very top-heavy so I feel that a director-level position is viewed the same as an individual contributor. Decision making and strategic planning decisions are made at higher levels
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Commute into Boston.
Growing quickly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2017
Fast paced, high growth company. Great opportunity for individuals who want a challenge and are effective working in environments that are still maturing.
Loved working for CCA
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
CCA was a wonderful work experience. Met lots of wonderful knowledable people and I had a wonderful manager. It was a positive work experience. The company was across the street from the Boston Public Gardens.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Commute
The company culture went down hill after the new upper management.
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2017
The benefits and cause is fantastic. Upper management does not seem to care about the people that get things done and are the roots of the success of the company.
Pros
Benefits and company mission
Cons
Micro managers, under payed and valued as an employee.
Change makes it difficult to keep up
Site Manager, Blue Pod (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 1, 2017
the work is really interesting. Many changes though. It has a great mission and the opportunity to serve the poor and sick is very rewarding. The level of nursing is excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Commonwealth Care Alliance Reviews by Location