Commonwealth Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Senior BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2018
If not for being a non profit and paying an average of 15% less than for profit companies, CCA is a great place to work. The work/life balance and benefits aside from salary are top notch.
Pros
Great work/life balance.
Cons
Short on salaries and pay rates
October 22, 2018

Thank you for the kind words about Commonwealth Care Alliance. We love to hear success stories of our current and former employees and love knowing that all of us are making a difference together.

Clinical Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2018
decent place to work. commute is far. raises are not merit based. parking is always an issue but overall i am content in this role. I would recommend it as a place to obtain employment to others.
October 22, 2018

We love to hear feedback like this from our employees! Thank you for sharing your kind words about Commonwealth Care Alliance!

Pleasant
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2018
Working at CCA was challenging but very rewarding.
Management was also very supportive.
Very high call volume call center.
I also had a great sense of satisfaction knowing I created an impact on members I was able to assist.
Pros
Salary is great
Cons
Many incoming calls
October 22, 2018

We love to hear feedback like this from our current and former employees! Thank you for sharing your kind words about Commonwealth Care Alliance!

Management sucks
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Management sucks
Lacking leadership skills
Do not value hard workers
No team based skills
High turnover rate
Do not recommend working there
Will not ever accept an offer there again
Directors need to check in with department managers and senior managers on a weekly basis because a lot of underhanded activity taking place
Very sad because I genuinely enjoyed working here at first and then I did not anymore because of this
Cons
Short breaks, management sucks
Toxic
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 9, 2018
There's a lot of backstabbing and underhandedness going on within CCA. Very toxic environment. There's no advancement and management isn't fair. IT team is a joke as well. Unreliable systems
Pros
I gained more clinical admin experience
Cons
Toxic environment. Always felt the need to look over my shoulder
October 22, 2018

We are sorry that you did not enjoy working at Commonwealth Care Alliance If you are willing, please reach out to our HR department at HR@commonwealthcare.org so we can learn more about your experience and how to be a better place of employment.

Great coworkers but management is HORRIBLE
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2018
I loved the diversity that the call center had but the management is HORRIBLE! Half the time no one is on the same page so one supervisor will tell you one thing and the next will tell you something totally different. I hated leaving because the coworkers but I had to for my own mental state!
December 24, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy working at Commonwealth Care Alliance If you are willing, please reach out to our HR department at HR@commonwealthcare.org so we can learn more about your experience and how to be a better place of employment.

My Experience at CCA
Clinical Operations Associate, Care Planning Unit (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMay 19, 2018
My typical day at work would be processing Minimum Data Set Applications for the elderly and persons with disabilities regarding their health.

I learned the urgency/importance of patients'/members' needs in regards to their healthcare.

I think the management there is awesome. My boss let's my team and I know what needs to be done and sends out emails on a regular basis when needed.

I love the workplace culture. It's a nice healthcare setting, spacious, and I love its location. I love how there's a café there as well. Also, the employees and bosses are cool.

The hardest part of the job would be submitting in as many applications in before the deadline (before the new month starts). Depended upon how many of those on the team are available that time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when holidays come around, potlucks, birthdays, job anniversaries, etc. for time of celebration and showing appreciate for the hard work being done.
Pros
there's always work to do
Cons
lunch being taken when placed in the fridge while name written on it
Commonwealthcare Alliance
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Very difficult commute into the downtown Boston area. Work environment is extremely limited with very little privacy and appropriate accommodations. Organization is maturing, but is overly dependent on vendors.
Pros
Compensation, well intended mission.
Cons
Immature governance
Benefits and Company mission is awesome but management is not
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Upper management does not seem to care about the people that get things done and a micro-manager w/o experience of a manager is a problem to start off.
Pros
Benefits and company mission, food.
Cons
Micro managers, under valued as an employee, too much side conversations within managements to let others grow
Great Place to Work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2018
My time at CCA has been great! The people really want you to exceed, the culture is wonderful as the people are great all around. I love my job because I have an opportunity to be invested in campus recruiting
Pros
People & Culture
Cons
good
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 27, 2018
Good Company to work. I found a better job and that was a reason a left CCA.
Flexible hours and good environment.
Will dentally recommend company to work
October 22, 2018

We love to hear feedback like this from our employees! Thank youfor sharing your kind words about Commonwealth Care Alliance!

Nice Place to Work Management Unprofessional
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 12, 2017
This company pays well and has good benefits, however, Management is very unprofessional. HR does not stand with Employees.

Many Mgrs are cohorts and outsiders are not welcomed.
Pros
Salary, Benes
Cons
Unprofessional Management and HR
Productive and fun place to work.
Health Outreach Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work, good people with a lot of knowledge. I learned many things on my internship. There is room for advancement within the company. Management is always there to help and are very much involved.
Pros
lots of food, great peopole, great benefits.
caring and compassionate service
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 13, 2018
Enlightened services to elders providing the compassionate care of their day to day care. Providing the necessity to allow consumers to keep their dignity daily.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for the kind words about Commonwealth Care Alliance. We love to hear success stories of our employees and love knowing that all of us are making a difference together.

Poor management and stressful work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinical/Administration SupportJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at this company consisted of answering inbound calls in the call center, although I was hired as Administrative Assistant/Reception, I never completed any administrative work, only answered inbound calls all day, took TE messages for providers and scanning. This position was definitely not Administrative Support/Receptionist. When I attempted to speak with manager and human resources, was told the position is what it is! Poor management, misleading job description, no teamwork or support from management in the Clinical Support Unit!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful work environment, treated as though you are a child, every time you step away from your desk, you had to announce it!
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MASeptember 7, 2017
Worked at CCA for almost 4 years
Had a great manager really supportive of our team
Excellent team work
friendly caring co-workers
Competitve pay
great benefits
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Working after hours to complete paperwork
Good place to work if you have a good manager
Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Good place to work if you have a good manager. CEO is great and has a great plan for the future. Some of the mid managers are inexperienced and need to get trained about how to deal with experienced employees and open to newer technologies for the greater good of the company.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Commute was difficult
The company culture went down hill after the new upper management.
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2017
The benefits and cause is fantastic. Upper management does not seem to care about the people that get things done and are the roots of the success of the company.
Pros
Benefits and company mission
Cons
Micro managers, under payed and valued as an employee.
Awful
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMay 24, 2018
I was forced out because of an office relocation. HR did not have my back no matter what happened. There were a handful of people worth knowing there otherwise this company only cares about numbers.
Great place to work if you are a Clinician
Health Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 20, 2016
Hardest part of the job is micro management by supervisors as they do not provide support for direct staff. Direct supervisors do not support encourge direct staff for fear of retaliation by their supervisor
Pros
Flex Schedule;
Cons
lack of progress benefits package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Commonwealth Care Alliance Reviews by Location