Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 34 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- Company size51 to 200
You’re seeing all 6 jobs at Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents because we can’t find any available jobs at Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 39 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
As long as your coworkers are good, you’re going to be okay. The kids are enjoyable, but some can be aggressive which you need to be prepared for if direct service staff.
I loved working there. Id watch people come in and out like a revolving door. Our facility only treated kids up to 18 and that seemed like that’s all we got. We had more and more staff injuries who were made to suck it up for the sake of the facility. People are expected to do their jobs snd the jobs of others that they don’t have the right training for and are not qualified for. Through all that…. Kids being kids we had a BULLY…in the administration wing that was toxic to EVERYONE! I felt her wrath along with so many more! I would most likely still be there if it hadn’t been for her!!!
I was appalled at how badly PNAs are treated in that place. I've never experienced such dysfunction and bad treatment of employees in the 3 decades I've been working. Unless you enjoy being treated like garbage, don't waste your time here. Your hard work will NOT pay off.
The kids are honestly better than the staff. You’re constantly having to watch you back. Some staff will try to sabotage your work relationships with others.
They overwork their staff and are constantly understaffed which sometimes can lead to dangerous situations. The injuries that my co-workers sustained were not worth how much we were paid. I was constantly doing 12 hr shifts and overtime. you will get called in or mandated to work your off days.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 23 questions about working at Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents employees.
Insights from 17 Indeed users who have interviewed with Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents within the last 5 years.
“Are you ok getting hit, bit, and attacked”?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents