Commonwealth Senior Living Employee Reviews

Do Not Leave a Secure Job/Career to work for this company
Server (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAFebruary 15, 2019
Abingdon is thug life. Direct care staff, convicted criminals, liars, trouble makers. Do not be fooled by smiles, soft voices. Not good a good environment to leave loved ones. Very poor clinical oversight.
Staff is horrible
RMA (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAFebruary 7, 2019
Loved working there residents are great its the staff they had two RMA’s that would run everybody off and DON knew ! It’s like being in high school with the drama
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Staff
place is nice 80% of employee's work together when management is the problem it doesn't help
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnham, VAFebruary 4, 2019
residents are lovely and also the families, something needs to be done about management running the place. Corporate office should know something is going on when so many employee's leave 11 at one time.
Ok job, but no jewel
Former employee (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 29, 2019
Company culture sucks. They don't practice what they preach. The company motto is a joke. The only good thing about the job was the true employers, the residents.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Bad corporate leadership
Day at Commonwealth Senior Living
CNA/Dining Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Arrive around 7am, it time to start getting the residents up for the day and to breakfast. After breakfast there are different activites throughout the day that they can attend bingo, card, exercise, etc. Around 12 its time for lunch they can choose from an all day menu, and or two choices from the menu. Then they go to their rooms and chill til dinner, or do whatever they want to do.
Individual Growth and recognition
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I am pleased overall with commonwealth goal and strategy for its employee program and nursing care. On my daily adventure to my job is always a pleasure to see my memory care resident even though they may not remember my funny behavior or my big smile when entering a room they always give me a joyful hug and smile it lets me know they are happy with us there( extended family). At commonwealth you are rewarded for your show of compassion ,character , team play and spirit of encouragement to be more so for individual growth and recognition I give commonwealth senior living A
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
stay over shifts
Rca
RCA (Former Employee) –  Farnham, VADecember 31, 2018
If you have children I do not recommend employment at the Farnham, Va location. Management has no sympathy when you or your children are sick!! They don't seem to care about workers or the residents. Just money
I enjoyed my job
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Great hours. Great pay. Great benefits. Lovely residents and staff. I was able to maintain everything In my life while working here.
Pros
Good hours. Nice people
Cons
Lots of housekeeping
It's a relaxed environment,
Rca (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 11, 2018
It's a good place to work at.. great benefits , great hours. And as well good co-workers. But for me I keep to myself. . The benefits are great at this job.
Pros
Pay rate, great benefits, great hours
Cons
Health plan too high, need meal pass..
Good environment
Concerige (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 11, 2018
I work at the CSL in Willimsburg. I work part time concerige and it works for me. I get hours if/when needed.( not all the time but it does Happen) They are understanding to any situation, all you need to do is communicate that in a timely manner. I work overnight. Most importantly, the residents are often nice and sweet. Huge plus!
Productive workplace
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester Courthouse, VADecember 10, 2018
Would recommend working here if you like caring for people and can handle a little bit of stress. Guaranteed breaks paid vacation/leave days. flexible schedule.
Csl
Registered Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Farnham, VADecember 8, 2018
I like Commonwealth because of the people i get to work with, the elderly and employees. It can just get overwhelming with the shortages but restricted overtime.
Work Day
Sales & Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  VANovember 27, 2018
On call most of the time due to nature of the job and helping people sometimes in crisis situations. That was and is the most rewarding part of the assisted living world -helping seniors and their families transition to a new community and imporved lifestyle. This is often refered to as the second paycheck and the most rewarding part of the job. Seniors first and doing the right thing.
Pros
Great team and built Sales Culture
Cons
Weekends and Holidays availability for families 24/7
You have to be all about work in order to survive.
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  NorfolkNovember 12, 2018
I love what I do so that makes a huge difference. The job is not for a sensitive or coward person. You have to be strong and kept to yourself. If you looking for job with stability this is not it and Management is not honest. Management wants Medication aide to act as supervisors and want them to deal with conflict between employee's.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
You get paid twice a month.
Worst place to work!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 9, 2018
Run as fast as you can to get away! They talk a really good game and make you think they actually care but it actually comes down to the money they make. They do not care about their employees or residents.
my work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  ABINDIONSeptember 7, 2018
I liked working at common wealth senior living. I learned that health care is harder the people really think it is especially with elderly people. I really miss the people that i took are of. Most hardest was when someone that your really attached to passes away.
Unsecured and miserable
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  No thanksSeptember 5, 2018
Commonwealth of senior living at Gloucester house is the worst place to ever work they have new management that doesn't have a clue about what they are doing staff is quitting left and right and people are getting fired and being replaced with family members
Pros
No pros
Cons
Resident are not being taken care of or being cleaned
Productive and fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 5, 2018
Gave me a good experience ! I had the opportunity to learn more and show off my skills. I enjoyed my residents and the time I spent there! A wonderful work experience !
its ok
RCA (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 3, 2018
I loved being there but they got their picks and who they want to be there as employees and not getting all sides to the story. If i was given another chance of employment there I would take it due to the love i have for the residence.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers and managers
The culture only hangs on the wall
anonymous (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 28, 2018
The culture only hangs on the wall. I've learned that if you belong to the click and play long without questions you will survive in the actual culture of the company. It's a paycheck though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7