CommScope Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Quality Engineer III (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 30, 2018
I received calls, from different production plants, that they need help related to the finding from the global audits.
I helped them with the downloading into the system (CAPA).
Provide support to Mexico, south America and North America plants.
All related to local procedures, and global procedures.
Pros
n/a
Cons
my leads not ask frequently about my needs.
Great Organization
IT Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 3, 2018
I've learned so much from the men and women working at CommScope. They are really helpful and understanding of your needs and aspirations. I would highly recommend CommScope to all my friends and family.
Great opportunity and culture
Embedded Software Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 25, 2018
I have had a great experience here at CommScope. My team as well as my upper management have been helpful and fair to me. I am actively learning new techniques and technology as well as working with the most recent changes in the telecom field.
Fun Place to Work
Picker/Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMApril 20, 2018
Over all work location was good and relaxed. There was one problem and that was that pickers were not issued to pickers and that led to problems between workers. In order to get your picker you needed to be there early. Forklifts were different because they were electric or propane driven.
Pros
good work location.
Cons
breaks whicle paid were short.
Unfair management
Packing Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMApril 4, 2018
Lack of opportunities and favoritism throughout the company is my reason for poor review. Would not recommend for those looking for job security or performance based incentives.
Fair place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2018
A fair place to work during my tenure and don't have many comments to place about the current organization as it has been 10 years since that time. No comment about current status
Pros
good products
Cons
good ole boy mentality, not diverse at all
Worked with a good team.
Small Cell Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 10, 2018
Worked mostly off site by telecommuting in a technical support and product testing role. Our product was a victim of a major carriers network design changes that would eventually phase out support for the device my team supported.
Pros
Freedom of schedule.
Cons
Some late nights and early mornings with my particular role.
CommScope is a great company to work fo
Channel and Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 4, 2018
CommScope is a wonderful company to be a part of, the company and top management places very high value on the employees. There is very dynamic and professional interactions between the various departments. I made a few really good friends through working at CommScope and gained much valuable knowledge and experience, all of which I cherish tremendously.
No work Life Balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 27, 2018
No Work Life Balance and Poor Management are the low points.
Management always asks you more to do however they don't know whats going on.

Management is Old School, Unqualified, not respectful and rude.
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
Poor Leadership
I enjoyed working for CommScope and it offered advancement - regardless of position people had opportunity to grow
Administrative Assistant to Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 19, 2018
A good company to work for. I had the opportunity to be involved in numerous projects working with many different people. Learning from others was a welcomed change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Restructuring eliminated jobs
No respect for the Tempary Personal
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 9, 2018
A lot of favoritism low pay rate not organize don't want to cross train. No growth breaks are terrible one 10 min. Break and a 20 min lunch and unless meetings.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Low rate money
Family
Technical Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 31, 2017
Being there for 32 years where working with so many others that may of been there longer then I had made it more of a family business. Saw there kids grow up from infants to graduates in college. I worked with different types of people in a global setting. In addition, I maintain a perspective around what matters most.
Pros
Company functions, summer picnic, pumpkin patch party, and Christmas party
Cons
healthcare
professional but not overboard
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 29, 2017
Typically well focused work with great camaraderie. Excellent working conditions and benefits. Sometimes the management tactics are a bit variable and priorities shift easily.
Learned About Robotic welding and communication
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 20, 2017
Assigned welders jobs according to priority and shipping date
Assigned robotic welders jobs according to priority and shipping dates
Confirmations of weld and saw shop operations of travelers
Inspected Incoming and Outgoing Galvanized parts Confirm and print labels for these parts
Tool Box Talk
Pros
Teaching new welders
Cons
Having to le someone go
Productive , fast paced environment.
Logistic Contractor/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMDecember 15, 2017
Commscope was a very fast paced environment and great place to work. schedules were varied yet not dislikable. Only thing that bothered me was it was a contract postion so as soon as work slowed down we were let go with no notice at all.
Pros
good hours, lots of work from time to time.
Cons
contract positions.
good place to work
Material Handler / Braider Operator (Former Employee) –  Catawba, NCDecember 9, 2017
I really liked working at Commscope, but got laid off after working there a year. You got quarterly bonuses, and they had a cafeteria with a salad bar or order off the grill.
Pros
401k, bonuses, cafeteria, 4 on 4 off work schedule
Cons
they have a history of laying off workers
ok
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2017
better supervisor, everything else was good. work went by fast. lunch was 20 min. breaks were 10 min. if you get hurt you will get fired. no water. no ac.
Good
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 7, 2017
This is a fine company to work at. I like to travel and they pay good. the hardest part was not learning what I needed to be more successful. Other then that it was good.
A good company to work with
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2017
For a short time after acquiring my previous company I met and worked with good professionals starting from the people in the line and up to the middle management. I learned a lot about their culture, how the company was being run and most of all their technology. I wish I could have stayed with them, unfortunately they closed their manufacturing facilities here in California.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Closed California mfg sites
Technician only to be (permanently laid off) @ raise time by unqualified manager.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Catawba County, NCOctober 23, 2017
20 years ago may have been best place around to work. Now it may be the worst... pay is descent, benefits are sliding out the door every year, management couldn't lead a mouse to cheese! A lot of under the table back stabbing... remember your just a # know one cares in management! Most employees are good but seen more good ones fired than kept and more sorry ones kept than fired... if your a yes man with zero backbone then apply for an office job you'll fit right in!!
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Everything else